1.5 billion visits is not bad. Most probably people may have gone to BBM shop and when they found out you need to pay for Stickers they then have never gone back. Why do you even need to pay for some stickers? What about the income from BBM? 100 million installs and only 85 million active users per month. Not good. Bbm needs to come up with a strategy to compete with what's app. I have tried to convince many people, my friends and family to switch to bbm. But they will enjoy it for a week or two and then bye bye bbm and hello whatsapp. -_- now what?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:18 AM
    1.5 billion visits is not bad. Most probably people may have gone to BBM shop and when they found out you need to pay for Stickers they then have never gone back. Why do you even need to pay for some stickers? What about the income from BBM? 100 million installs and only 85 million active users per month. Not good. Bbm needs to come up with a strategy to compete with what's app. I have tried to convince many people, my friends and family to switch to bbm. But they will enjoy it for a week or two and then bye bye bbm and hello whatsapp. -_- now what?

Posted via CB10
    I have seen the same thing here in the USA, I have had a lot of folks try BBM and they do like it. But, being all of their friends and colleagues use Whatsapp, they end up deleting the BBM app and going back.

The Blackberry name does not have the presence it once had a few years ago here folks. Most consumers here think the company is out of business and has gone the way of the dodo bird.

With no advertising or brand presence here and Chen focusing on the enterprise sector. I don't see BBM taking off here anytime soon.
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    04-02-15 05:35 AM
    If they got rid of pins it would be so much more accepted

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 07:03 AM
    How could anyone from the "tools, not toys" crowd not love BBM and stickers?

I am looking forward to the recently announced "Crush the Competition" stickers for business and the "We're Good, You're Evil" stickers for government.
    gebco likes this.
    04-02-15 07:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would hate to have my phone number associated with my BBM. If they ever go down that route, I hope they make it an "opt-in" option.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2708 CB10
    04-02-15 02:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Back in 2010 it was actually famous for pins

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-02-15 02:31 PM
    I have seen the same thing here in the USA, I have had a lot of folks try BBM and they do like it. But, being all of their friends and colleagues use Whatsapp, they end up deleting the BBM app and going back.

The Blackberry name does not have the presence it once had a few years ago here folks. Most consumers here think the company is out of business and has gone the way of the dodo bird.

With no advertising or brand presence here and Chen focusing on the enterprise sector. I don't see BBM taking off here anytime soon.
    ZERO advertising here in Dubai. I see billboards of LG, Samsung and Sony. Hell, even Lenovo advertise more than BlackBerry. Even the Chinese company Huawei are doing better than BlackBerry. Sad just sad

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-02-15 02:34 PM
    It's not about PIN or phone number.. People are lazy for the most part. Some days ago I was talking with a couple of guys and one of them said "why don't we try telegram?" and I was like "why not?"; then the third guy" nobody uses it, why try it? Stick with Whastapp..". And that put an end to our 'conversation' :-P It's sad, but it is like that. BBM > Whatsapp but nobody cares.. Still, Whatsapp devs are special cause they really care about giving us a wonderful BB10 app Kudos to those guys!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 06:23 PM
    Why is it there is a time limit on things. Life is continuous, is it not? What is the rush??? Patience is a virgil. It is obvious that should be a campaign to info the masses that BBM exist or still exist for others. It seem step one was to make BBM cross platform....step two, incorporate BlackBerry Channels, then stickers, and so on. BBM is a viable option and should remain available. In due time, you take it to the next level.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 06:34 PM
    How could anyone from the "tools, not toys" crowd not love BBM and stickers?

I am looking forward to the recently announced "Crush the Competition" stickers for business and the "We're Good, You're Evil" stickers for government.
    A very small crowd.

Posted from a D618
    04-02-15 06:44 PM
    Why do I have to pay for the stickers? WeChat has much cuter and better, animated stickers, and they are mostly free! And I have to pay for the ugly and dull BBM sticker...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 07:39 PM
    I know BlackBerry isn't focusing on consumers very much, so this is moot, but it would be cool to see them do some crazy, out-the-box BBM campaign. Take some of the money that they aren't spending on marketing - say $5 million - and give it to the active BBM user who has the most BBM contacts after 60 days or something. I'm pretty confident you could get ATLEAST 5 million new users out of that. If you equate that to an acquisition cost of $1 per new user, that's not too bad. The important part is keeping all of those users after the contest, but i'd say that after using BBM for 60 days, people would understand why it's so good. And if all of their friends are on it, no need to go back to anything else.

Just a thought
    smart548 likes this.
    04-02-15 07:58 PM
    Never met anyone who uses whatsapp, ever...and a rare few who use BBM. All my colleagues and friends use basic texts since most plans offer them unlimited.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 09:54 PM
    Never met anyone who uses whatsapp, ever...and a rare few who use BBM. All my colleagues and friends use basic texts since most plans offer them unlimited.

Posted via CB10
    The communication experience on BBM and Whatsapp is,like, 1000% times better than on basic Text Messaging.

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    04-02-15 10:08 PM
    Why is it there is a time limit on things. Life is continuous, is it not? What is the rush??? Patience is a virgil.
    I think you meant "patience is a virtue", but patience isn't something that investors have in limitless supply, especially with a company that is losing value and marketshare in a number of areas. BBM costs BB money to operate, and if it doesn't contribute to BB realizing a profit, then sooner or later, investors will punish BB by withdrawing their money from BB stock, causing the stock price to fall, and BB's valuation with it. At some point, that will cause BB to either cut their losses or declare bankruptcy.

So, no, BB can't really wait around for years and decades hoping BBM someday becomes popular. Same with BB10, which they have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars in every year in R&D. If investors don't see a path to profit and success, they will force BB, one way or the other, to pull the plug.

Most of BB's money isn't really BB's - it's investors' money.
    kbz1960, dolco and askarian like this.
    04-02-15 10:24 PM
    I hate opening BBM and seeing a red spark on "Shop" and have to hit on it to clear it because they added some other new, useless sticker pack. Also those stickers sent numbers are inflated by the fact that they force you to the built in stickers instead of the emoticons when no text is in there, and the built in one's are duplicates of the more popular emoticons. Yet more bogus data from BlackBerry to make people think their are gaining traction.

They won't focus on the hardware for the consumer and claim to be about business, but BBM has become consumerized, garbage trying to sell me a sticker pack, or tell me about Texas Hold ' em Poker app every time I open it. But you can't have the business apps that are needed in a phone to be a fully functional devices. Company is a schizophrenic mess.
    Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    04-03-15 09:05 AM
    No one is going to change to BBM when what they use works fine, is free or real cheap for a yearly subscription and everyone they know uses it. Sure some will try it if asked by someone but then now they are using whatever and BBM. They may try to get their other contacts to try BBM and some might and some won't. How often do you all change IM apps? Every time someone else wants you to? Seems most here wouldn't even try anything else yet expect everyone else to jump right into using BBM. That could happen if it was equal to what they have but it isn't.
    fanisk likes this.
    04-03-15 09:24 AM
    Why is it there is a time limit on things. Life is continuous, is it not? What is the rush??? Patience is a virgil. It is obvious that should be a campaign to info the masses that BBM exist or still exist for others. It seem step one was to make BBM cross platform....step two, incorporate BlackBerry Channels, then stickers, and so on. BBM is a viable option and should remain available. In due time, you take it to the next level.

Posted via CB10
    Virtue?

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    04-03-15 09:26 AM
    I think you meant "patience is a virtue", but patience isn't something that investors have in limitless supply, especially with a company that is losing value and marketshare in a number of areas. BBM costs BB money to operate, and if it doesn't contribute to BB realizing a profit, then sooner or later, investors will punish BB by withdrawing their money from BB stock, causing the stock price to fall, and BB's valuation with it. At some point, that will cause BB to either cut their losses or declare bankruptcy.

So, no, BB can't really wait around for years and decades hoping BBM someday becomes popular. Same with BB10, which they have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars in every year in R&D. If investors don't see a path to profit and success, they will force BB, one way or the other, to pull the plug.

Most of BB's money isn't really BB's - it's investors' money.
    Sorry....virtue, is quite correct.
    There will be a wait, be it, days, months, years, this is not going to happen over night. Part of investing, is taking a risk and waiting to see the fruit of your labor. If investors are so scared of the future of BlackBerry, shouldn't they just pull now and let BlackBerry die a 'slow' death? I am not sure on whose timetable we all are on? What is the point to build something up and then stop? There is so much potential and so many people in the world, that BBM is still relevant. It is so sad to know that many are so ready to run away from a challenge and not put up a fight. BBM fight on.
    04-03-15 11:21 AM
    Sorry....virtue, is quite correct.
    There will be a wait, be it, days, months, years, this is not going to happen over night. Part of investing, is taking a risk and waiting to see the fruit of your labor. If investors are so scared of the future of BlackBerry, shouldn't they just pull now and let BlackBerry die a 'slow' death? I am not sure on whose timetable we all are on? What is the point to build something up and then stop? There is so much potential and so many people in the world, that BBM is still relevant. It is so sad to know that many are so ready to run away from a challenge and not put up a fight. BBM fight on.
    Exactly. Most of the people on this forum have never built a business nor do they understand the concept of perseverance. Everything is in the "now" which oddly enough is what got Blackberry in trouble in the first place. BBM will do fine and their push to monetization and use in enterprise is logical and well thought out. A secure message platform, with premium paid services may not be the top messaging platform in the world but it is likely to be profitable. Focus on your customers and give them value.

At present, Whatsapp hasn't made a single dime and has cost Facebook 20 billion to purchase, run and upgrade. Arguably, facebook will attempt to integrate all your information into its advertising platform to generate profit. If that is what you want, then go for it. Just don't expect any privacy as that information is widely shared. Choose your path but remember nothing is free.
    04-03-15 11:43 AM
    BBM has zero chance.

You have no idea how many times I have asked people (in the U.S., Caribbean and LatAm) that had an old BlackBerry for years and have now moved on, why they don't have BBM on their Android/iPhone. 100% of the time, they will say, "oh no, I don't have a BlackBerry anymore." Completely oblivious to the fact that BBM is available for other platforms. I suspect the majority of people honestly believe that there is no alternative to WhatsApp, and most definitely do NOT know that "BlackBerry Messenger" is not just for BlackBerry.

But yeah, if you look at regular media outlets even in Latin America, they even let readers/viewers share pictures with them through regular WhatsApp. WhatsApp isn't even designed to be used like that and yet... there it is.

Its leadership is practically insurmountable at this point. Yet another BlackBerry move that was half a decade too late.
    04-03-15 11:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    No thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 12:07 PM
    BBM has zero chance.

You have no idea how many times I have asked people (in the U.S., Caribbean and LatAm) that had an old BlackBerry for years and have now moved on, why they don't have BBM on their Android/iPhone. 100% of the time, they will say, "oh no, I don't have a BlackBerry anymore." Completely oblivious to the fact that BBM is available for other platforms. I suspect the majority of people honestly believe that there is no alternative to WhatsApp, and most definitely do NOT know that "BlackBerry Messenger" is not just for BlackBerry.

But yeah, if you look at regular media outlets even in Latin America, they even let readers/viewers share pictures with them through regular WhatsApp. WhatsApp isn't even designed to be used like that and yet... there it is.

Its leadership is practically insurmountable at this point. Yet another BlackBerry move that was half a decade too late.
    Lol I didn't know you were the defacto knowledge in all things social media and social chat apps.

Damn!!! You win *sarcasm*

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 12:08 PM
    Lol I didn't know you were the defacto knowledge in all things social media and social chat apps.

Damn!!! You win *sarcasm*

Posted via CB10
    Lol... thanks.

But just look around you. Unless you live in Indonesia (hooray for PIN spam!) or CrackBerry land,.. BBM is all but what came with those old crummy plasticy tiny-screen devices with a keyboard,..

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 12:34 PM
    Whatsapp hasn't made a single dime
    Completely false. They had the annual subscription model. They had staff to pay before being taken over.
    04-03-15 01:08 PM
44 12