I bought the Incipio Off Grid Battery case in Jun'12 and paid $79 for the case, dont know what I was thinking.. within one week of receiving it, I was having issues so I called and they said to send a replacement case, which I received in July. I was skeptical about the case performance in future so I asked the representative on phone about warranty, she specifically said that any issues within 1 year may be exchanged, replaced or refunded. The case just stopped charging in Sep.. ie 2 months after I got the replacement case. Now they say they will only replace it, not exchange for any other, not refund it. Top of it all, they even changed their website and with that my previous history also vanished and they say to make new accounts now- WTH???? They even did not make any battery case available for purchase on their website for many days and when I asked them, they said, "having some issues with uploading JUST battery cases??"

Moreover, they placed the case on website, same case for $40 bucks, that is half the price and I just checked, they dont have any battery cases on website available right now!

I feel cheated and frustrated wasting so much money and now the idiotic representatives say, " We did not say anything about refunding" ...this is just ridiculous when they say their customers to be lying just coz they do not want to stand by their words and refund it. I agree the policies said differently but it is not my fault that the agent promised me the refund for 1 year.

I Totally waste my $79. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY BATTERY PRODUCT FROM INCIPIO!!
    12-02-12 10:27 AM
    If they'll replace the case you'll then have a working case which is what you paid for right?
    DocDRM likes this.
    12-02-12 10:30 AM
    For the record, I've had nothing but great experiences and great service from Incipio. I've never expected them to operate outside our agreed terms but they HAVE exceeded my expectations of responsiveness many times.

Can't speak to that particular product but I CAN fully recommend doing business with them.

P.S. Companies drop and raise prices all the time.
    12-02-12 10:35 AM
    I agree it sucks when you're told something and then the company doesn't stand by their words, just fall back on the "fine print". When my daughter dropped her playbook and the screen cracked my wife called RIM and the person she spoke to mistakenly told her that they would repair it for free. When it came time to send it in RIM initially backtracked and said that they wouldn't fix it for free. When we asked them to listen to the recording of the first call they agreed to honour their word. And then when we got the 16GB PlayBook back it wasn't repaired, it was replaced with a 32GB model. Go RIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-02-12 10:55 AM
    I agree it sucks when you're told something and then the company doesn't stand by their words, just fall back on the "fine print". When my daughter dropped her playbook and the screen cracked my wife called RIM and the person she spoke to mistakenly told her that they would repair it for free. When it came time to send it in RIM initially backtracked and said that they wouldn't fix it for free. When we asked them to listen to the recording of the first call they agreed to honour their word. And then when we got the 16GB PlayBook back it wasn't repaired, it was replaced with a 32GB model. Go RIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What do you use to record, a few times I've thought it would be worth recording these sorts of support and contract offering calls?
    12-02-12 11:01 AM
    They had a recording of the call. Talk about falling on your own sword!
    12-02-12 11:04 AM
    I know nothing of this company or product...
    I would say that I've found that when dealing with ANY online retailer that when researching or purchasing a product I attempt to communicate with them via email as much as possible, and save those conversations for moments just like this. If they say I can receive a refund, it has already been documented and I can always forward the email as a reminder. I always try my best to archive any purchase related emails for proof of purchase. Which can also be used as a "proof of purchase" history, that would have probably been good for you in this case with the account being deleted and all with the site upgrade.

I've found whether it be due to the lack of training, misinformed reps, or just plain old "trying to get a sale", that information received by "live" phone reps almost always differs with the written small print which they always seem to refer to after the fact when there is a dispute. This does not do anything for your current situation. Sorry about that. But, it is food for thought for the future.
    DocDRM likes this.
    12-02-12 11:07 AM
    Any link for this? I might be interested in one.
    12-02-12 11:32 AM
    BD - it's an iPhone case with extra battery capacity.
    12-02-12 11:38 AM
    BD - it's an iPhone case with extra battery capacity.
    Hmmmm, why is he posting that here? Got me all excited, I thought they made one for BlackBerry.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-02-12 11:42 AM
    Notice it's his first post. Came here to get revenge on Incipio. Makes me want to go online and buy something from them.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-02-12 11:47 AM
    Hmmmm, why is he posting that here? Got me all excited, I thought they made one for BlackBerry.
    Oh Snap! The world is coming to an end... 2012!!!
    I've been liking quite a few of your posts lately.
    I didn't know what it was myself until I Googled it.
    I then thought the same exact thing as you...........

Right On BD!!!!
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    12-02-12 11:56 AM