I recently purchased a new 9790 while in Indonesia the sales person and tech assured me it would work anywhere a SIM card is used. So I purchased a local SIM just to make sure it was OK before I left the country, it worked great the following 5 days. I returned to Tashkent Uzbekistan(Central Asia) I removed the SIM from my local phone and installed it in my BB everything booted up fine it showed Beeline(carrier) on the top of the screen I made a local call with no problem I also made a test text to my other phone which worked great. But when I attempted to access the internet the message I got was basically I did not have a service plan and to contact my provider. I removed the SIM and installed it in my other phone(Iphone) and it worked fine, WiFi works great. I have been going to all the forums looking for the answer to what is happening, but I see most don't deal with imported phones, but I assumed if my SIM worked for the phone, and texting it tells me that it is not SIM locked?

Things I find that are not consistent with some of the other troubleshooting I go to my Host Routing Table and it has no entries.

TCP IP: APN Settings Enabled and APN are not checked
    Username for APN is blank
    Password for APN is blank

Like I stated I have a plan through work, but I am being told it is nothing special, as I did install the SIM in my Iphone and it worked great.

I hope anyone has some answers I don't understand allot of the technical talk, but I get around OK
    08-23-12 07:18 AM
    A local sim is not the same as a data package. You must have an associated data plan with the sim. Anything sent off plan and not on wifi will incur off plan data charges. So purchase a data plan.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-12 07:30 AM
    Thank you for your reply,

I wish I could only begin to explain this country I am in, and it's culture. The company Beeline.uz is a pay as you go service, so it does not have a BB data plan, for most it is a luxury to have internet on a phone. I was hoping there was a way to get around this I now realize that there are very few BB here and maybe this is the reason.
    08-23-12 08:06 AM
    Thank you for your reply,

I wish I could only begin to explain this country I am in, and it's culture. The company Beeline.uz is a pay as you go service, so it does not have a BB data plan, for most it is a luxury to have internet on a phone. I was hoping there was a way to get around this I now realize that there are very few BB here and maybe this is the reason.
    try using wifi, you will get better speed, only thong is you won't be able to use bbm for that matter of fact any app, but if you want internet use with wifi
    Mr_Comet likes this.
    08-23-12 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD