Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that for some reason (I don't know who's fault it is, I just want it fixed) that Microsoft's Hotmail / Live email service doesn't sync correctly with BlackBerry smartphones whereas services such as Google Mail (Gmail) do fully sync (Unread, Read, Deleted, Sent and Contacts) on BlackBerry devices.

I have been chasing this issue ever since I had my BlackBerry with it constantly not syncing correctly, sometimes it did sometimes it didn't... Well today I found a helpful little graph which helps explain some things.

Please view this graph on the Knowledge Base article on RIM's Website:

View Document

Just letting others know that if you want your phone to be fully synced with your desktop computer etc then you want to use Gmail.

I hope Microsoft or RIM can get Windows Live mail (Hotmail) to fully sync Unread, Read, Deleted, Sent and Contacts as Gmail on the BlackBerry handles correctly.

Thanks for reading and hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Cheers,

Laurence

Edit:

After testing all the services I am moving to Yahoo for now, under all conditions of syncing and delivery it was nearly instant (Minute or two max) - worked great.

Google Mail is as bad as Windows Live Mail (Hotmail) which is a great shame. I have not tested any other email service other than these three.
    Last edited by LaurenceGough; 05-27-10 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Added further testing info.
    05-26-10 06:37 PM
    Live and Hotmail sync are supposed to be supported in the BIS 3.1 update. Looks like you aren't the only one that has been looking for a solution to these issues. Be patient, its coming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 08:34 PM
    Live and Hotmail sync are supposed to be supported in the BIS 3.1 update. Looks like you aren't the only one that has been looking for a solution to these issues. Be patient, its coming.

Thank you for this news, I hope this is true and that all phone networks will be receiving the update.

Thanks for your reply.
    05-26-10 08:42 PM
    And I though I was the only one having this issue and I kept blaming my phone the whole time lol. And its not just the email for me its also Facebook notifications, it takes longer to get it pushed to my phone and I hope they're fixing this because its starting to get irritating.

05-26-10 09:30 PM
    The only email service which seems to be working reliably (I'm testing them all tonight) is Yahoo, unfortunately I don't really like their website much at all. Yahoo has been very good, instantly deleting and syncing emails all ways.

It's making me irritated too, one of the best phones for emails apparently... Well I sure hope it will be soon after this new BIS comes out.
    05-26-10 09:34 PM
    After testing all the services I am now moving to Yahoo for now, under all conditions it was nearly instant, very good, well perfect.

Google Mail is as bad as Windows Live Mail which is a great shame.
    05-27-10 11:42 AM
    This also happened to when I went from the Tour to the Bold a couple of days ago. I spoke with three different Sprint representatives first, and then went through two levels of RIM representatives before someone could finally tell me about the changes in Hotmail not syncing anymore. It was also taking about 15 minutes to receive emails on my Blackberry. The quick fix for me since I've had my Hotmail email for years, was to just forward my Hotmail emails to my Yahoo email. Yahoo syncs well and I get my emails right away.
    05-27-10 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the post. I've certainly noticed the real difference between how my gmail and hotmail accts behave on my BB. And yes, I've also encountered a 10-30 minute lag in receiving my hotmail. Let's hope it may all be cleared up sometime soon.
    05-27-10 12:10 PM
    I thought I was the only one experiencing the frustrating @msn.com (same as @hotmail.com) email reconcile problems! My many Hotmail/MSN eamil accounts have been working correctly (synching all messages on my BB-INBOX/SENT/REPLIES/DELETE etc.) for years... As of May 26, 2010, it decides to S-L-O-W down message receipt time(ing) to reach the BB and reconcile of messages from BB is ALL SCREWED UP. (*I hadn't changed any settings on BB device, nor desktop Hotmail account itself.)

I've posted this Hotmail/MSN.com email reconcile issue in several crackberry.com forums to not not really get ANY response... I've contacted Nextel/BlackBerry/and email tech support at Hotmail-MANY times and went through the settings, HRT, resend service books, hard resets, etc., only to receive no logical answer. Even swapped out phone, loaded it with the problem email accounts, and the same-SENT messages from the BB do not show up (get pushed) when one views their email account upon a desktop/laptop. Also, after you I read an email on my BB, it use to become 'unbolded' when viewed on via desktop-NOW, it stays bolded as if NOT read.

I've had these @Hotmail.com, and @ MSN.com, email addresses for a LONG time... I REALLY don't want to change to Yahoo, or GMAIL -- ANYONE KNOW A STATUS UPDATE AS TO RESOLUTION? Anyone, anyone?

Thanks.
    06-12-10 03:19 PM
    I thought I was the only one experiencing the frustrating @msn.com (same as @hotmail.com) email reconcile problems! My many Hotmail/MSN eamil accounts have been working correctly (synching all messages on my BB-INBOX/SENT/REPLIES/DELETE etc.) for years... As of May 26, 2010, it decides to S-L-O-W down message receipt time(ing) to reach the BB and reconcile of messages from BB is ALL SCREWED UP. (*I hadn't changed any settings on BB device, nor desktop Hotmail account itself.)

I've posted this Hotmail/MSN.com email reconcile issue in several crackberry.com forums to not not really get ANY response... I've contacted Nextel/BlackBerry/and email tech support at Hotmail-MANY times and went through the settings, HRT, resend service books, hard resets, etc., only to receive no logical answer. Even swapped out phone, loaded it with the problem email accounts, and the same-SENT messages from the BB do not show up (get pushed) when one views their email account upon a desktop/laptop. Also, after you I read an email on my BB, it use to become 'unbolded' when viewed on via desktop-NOW, it stays bolded as if NOT read.

I've had these @Hotmail.com, and @ MSN.com, email addresses for a LONG time... I REALLY don't want to change to Yahoo, or GMAIL -- ANYONE KNOW A STATUS UPDATE AS TO RESOLUTION? Anyone, anyone?

Thanks.

According to the thread in news and rumors Microsoft mobile services has been discontinued for some reason.
    06-12-10 04:24 PM
    I saw a post/thread about this discontinuation in forums... But, could not locate an article or anything in 'news and rumors'... Do you have a link so I can read up on this? This is the first I heard of the discontinuation. That's not what I wanted to hear/read.
    06-12-10 06:04 PM
    Yeah it has been discontinued on my hotmail accounts.
    06-13-10 01:39 PM
    If you really need this now, you can set it so your Hotmail/MSN email account auto-forwards everything to your GMail account. It'll keep the sender address intact and everything. I don't have my BB yet so I don't know if you can do this on-device, but you can also set it up so that your GMail can send from your Hotmail address.
    06-13-10 05:12 PM
    You can't set hotmail/live accounts to forward email to a non hotmail account from what I've tried to do at least.
    06-15-10 01:36 PM
    Check out this link explains a little more... Anyone with a solution other than forwarding to another email service?

Re: Hotmail Blackberry Sync no longer working for ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    06-15-10 04:50 PM
    Ok after being on the phone forever, RIM basically said that Verizon made the change for the reasons above and Verizon actually said the same so I guess we are SOL. They said to switch to gmail or yahoo and forward my old email to them. They said both of those are push. If they are how long will it take for me to get an email forwarded from msn.com to gmail?

06-16-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD