hey, i wondering how i would go about doin this. I have all my contacts on my phone and want to start editing/syncing with outlook but i have no clue how to get them from phone > outlook.
    06-30-08 10:20 PM
    Install Desktop Manager and the USB Drivers from the CD that came with your blackberry. Or download the software from your carrier's site if you bought the phone used without a CD. Once you've installed the driver and Desktop Manager, just plug the phone into a USB port and connect it to Desktop Manager. Make a backup using Desktop Manager before you do anything else. Then you can setup your sync options. Desktop Manager is pretty straightforward.
    06-30-08 10:28 PM
    i do have desktop manager installed already and i've made a backup, i just don't know how to get my contacts from the backup or the phone into outlook

*edit* actually just messed with the sync options like you said and found it, TYVM =)
    Last edited by G0rd0; 06-30-08 at 10:36 PM.
    06-30-08 10:33 PM
    With Desktop Manager running, connect your Blackberry to a USB port and press the synchronize button in Desktop Manager. My process is different from this point, because I'm using a BES and I assume you are not, so I can't exactly follow the steps you will follow. All you should have to do is check the box labeled "Synchronize Organizer data" and then push the "Synchronize Now" button.
    06-30-08 10:39 PM
    ya got it working, greatly appreciate the help jeff
    06-30-08 11:03 PM
    where is the synchronize button in desktop manager
    07-23-08 01:18 PM
    Connect your blackberry to your PC using the USB cable. Run Desktop Manager. In my version (without Media Manager) "Synchronize" is the first option on the startup screen. Click that, and it will take you to the "Synchronize" and "Configuration" tabs and the "Synchronize Now" button.
    07-23-08 08:01 PM
    What if I dont have a way to connect my blackberry to my PC, but I have the backup through desktop manager. The usb jack broke on my 8830 world, just prior, I backed it up through desktop manager. The phone is dead and I cannot charge it. I never synced it through outlook. Is there any way I can synch or open the backup file to convert my contacts to a different phone or at least to google mail or something?
    10-04-10 11:19 PM
    I think ABC Amber edit can open the Desktop Manager ipd file and read it. If you got another BB, you could restore the contacts db to the new phone.
    10-04-10 11:58 PM
    F2 is correct. Here's the link to ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor. It has a free trial, so you can recover your data at no cost.
    10-05-10 06:17 AM
    I did all of this and I can not find my contacts in outlook.
    02-15-11 01:40 PM
    What version of Outlook are you using? What version of Desktop Manager are you using?
    02-15-11 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD