Just imagine how that would look? I think its cool for people that like different form factors. I think it would give people a choice, of different looking phones. More people would by a BBOS phone because they have nice an sexy looking Samsung handsets.

RIM gains market share = more revenue from apps, and services

Since Samsung doesn't really have a propitiatory OS, why not go for BB10, there in it for the hardware sells anyway.

I say it should only be for phones. I think that the Tablet space should be exclusive for RIM. they just have to make them just a bit sexier, for the mass consumers.

A white one with a black Blackberry Logo would be very nice. Or how about a logo that lights up in the back like Apple products? Its one interesting way to promote your product. It would be the only Pad with it. just because Apple was the first one, doesn't mean RIM can't do it.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    03-18-12 01:19 PM
    I'd be interested!!
    03-18-12 03:40 PM
    Bb10 will never pass android! That deserves a slap in the face for just saying it would. Wack!
    I wouldn't speak in absolutes. What if tomorrow google desides to close android and only develop it for Motorola exlusively. 2 years from now the one thing I'm pretty sure about is everything in mobile is going to look completely different, just like how it looks completely different than 2 years ago.

A reason I don't see RIM partnering with samsung is if they want a large screened device I'm sure they could develop it themselves.
    03-21-12 11:27 PM
    It's certainly time for a major paradigm shift if RIM wants to remain relevant. Will BB10 be the magic, life changing product that's going to turn it all around? Thats expecting a bit too much with iPhone 5 coming out at the same time.
    QNX looks great from a future development perspective. However users don't really care.
    So it's back to the need for a dramatic move to get back in the game.
    I really hope they can do it, but they seem to be mired in inertia.
    03-21-12 11:52 PM
    It's certainly time for a major paradigm shift if RIM wants to remain relevant. Will BB10 be the magic, life changing product that's going to turn it all around? Thats expecting a bit too much with iPhone 5 coming out at the same time.
    QNX looks great from a future development perspective. However users don't really care.
    So it's back to the need for a dramatic move to get back in the game.
    I really hope they can do it, but they seem to be mired in inertia.
    I keep seeing this 'with iPhone 5 coming out'. Looks like everyones got the same talking point. As we've seen with iPhone 4S and the 'new iPad' I'm expecting more of the same.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    03-22-12 12:55 AM
    BlackBerry's problem is not hardware related.

It's all about software functionality and Apps, and the current BlackBerry QNX platform is still severely lacking in that area (compared to iOS/Android).

A BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Torch running Android will sell a lot more than a Galaxy Note running (the current) BlackBerry/QNX OS.
    03-22-12 01:11 AM
    QNX Note would be awesome.
    03-22-12 06:47 AM
    What if tomorrow google desides to close android and only develop it for Motorola exlusively.
    They won't, because that's simply not their business model, making it about as likely as Apple abandoning its hardware business and switching to licensing. To sell ads you need ad impressions, and for ad impressions you want the widest reach possible. Besides, if Google were to make Android into an exclusive platform it would seem they'd pick an OEM that can actually sell devices (i.e. Samsung or HTC).
    03-22-12 06:59 AM
    ? Samsung has their own Bada OS for smartphones. Why would they need another OS? It's busy enough to provide phones for 4 operating systems.
    03-22-12 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD