I haven't used iMessage before. Does it tell you when your outgoing messages are delivered and read the way BBM does?
    09-11-13 03:43 AM
    I haven't used iMessage before. Does it tell you when your outgoing messages are delivered and read the way BBM does?
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:51 AM
    Here's a list of reasons why I prefer BBM over WhatsApp

What BBM on Android, iOS will have that WhatsApp doesn't - Firstpost
    kevets likes this.
    09-11-13 05:32 AM
    That's why the word "iSheep" exist ... Cumon man! How can anyone compare BBM to iMessage? Whatsapp is better than iMessage and Whatsapp kinda suck compared to BBM...
    09-11-13 08:39 AM
    Here's a list of reasons why I prefer BBM over WhatsApp

What BBM on Android, iOS will have that WhatsApp doesn't - Firstpost
    This. This this this this THIS!

Very good points raised in that article. Should be added to the first post if we are including Whatsapp in the conversation.
    09-11-13 08:52 AM
    The thingis, with all the pages of this drivel, is it does not take into account the many users like me who have excatly 1 contact on BBM and have used it maybe once in the last 6 months.

I send email. I talk on the phone. I do not send text messgaes. I don't use, and will nt use BBM, it offers me nothing.

All of my business contacts are now in iPhones anyway.

Just phoneing or emailing always gets the message through.
    09-11-13 11:28 AM
    I'm really not getting the debate. Sounds like Android and iOS are both getting yet another awesome option, making both platforms that much more valuable.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    09-11-13 11:32 AM
    What the heck is the DND? If you meant the DoD, you just lost 90% of the readers because they know you have no clue. Second, the US DoD DOES NOT allow BYOD. PERIOD!!!
    Maybe referring to this? http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/08/blackberry-dod/
    09-11-13 11:36 AM
    There are a lot of promises there for an app that hasn't even been launched yet and will pretty much just have texting. Plus, you are promising functionality that already exists via some very popular apps. Users don't usually flock to apps that offer what they are already doing.
    iMesssage will always be preferred for iPhone users simply because it is the default selection that pops up when you want to send a photo, link, video, or contact to someone.
    Let's say you are right. But, if this it's true, can you explain the success of the initial iPhone? This kind of thinking brought blackberry from 140$/share to 6$/share!!
    mphillips828 likes this.
    09-11-13 12:09 PM
    LOL

This post is so silly. I mean COME ON. BBM is not even OUT YET.
    Yet here are the BB Evangelists proclaiming it is the Second Coming and BEST of All. LOL

How about you hold back and see how it is and how well it does once it is RELEASED before you and Other BB users make them selves look silly.
    Claiming you make the BEST Pizza in the world before even making one if just crazy talk.
    09-11-13 02:47 PM
    iMessages and BBM are definitely not the same -I use them both all day long. An iMessage counted as stated above updates on all iDevice / Macs logged in with the same Apple ID whereas BBM is associated with a device-specific PIN. BBM is about to bloom into a social media platform with BBM Channels empowered with all standard messaging abilities including video and calls. Aside the multi-device connection that should be addressed. I really can't see why the whole world would not adopt BBM once it goes platform-agnostic and free to download.
    Last edited by christopherk67; 09-11-13 at 03:38 PM. Reason: typo
    09-11-13 03:35 PM
    It always has been the best... there's no contention. People left BB due to apps and Steve Jobs able to convince people that Apple was cool not because of BBM. In the beginning BBM was able to keep some customers from defecting but not anymore. Many who are on iphone and Android based phones that came from BB still remember how great BBM was as a messenger service and it's even better today. Once it gets out there and people on competitive phones start using it, they'll start downloading it and leave iMessage in the dust.
    Bold statement. We shall see, won't we?
    nwomatt likes this.
    09-11-13 03:56 PM
    I really can't see why the whole world would not adopt BBM once it goes platform-agnostic and free to download.
    Because there is a lot of existing FREE solutions with same functions and huge user base.

Yes, if you bb owner, you can't understand why WhatsApp/Facebook user does not care about BBM.

I've found only one reason - switch to non-BB device and keep BBM contact list
    09-11-13 04:04 PM
    Because there is a lot of existing FREE solutions with same functions and huge user base.

Yes, if you bb owner, you can't understand why WhatsApp/Facebook user does not care about BBM.

I've found only one reason - switch to non-BB device and keep BBM contact list
    Exactly. Just like they can't understand why everyone isn't dropping iPhone and Android for BB10. It's the ecosystems. People have pitched their tents and not many want to move it somewhere else.
    09-11-13 04:14 PM
    Well anyone can just dismiss the features of a product. Just sounds like you are a died in the wool Android fan.

@OP: With many words you didn't really list anything that would convince me BBM is the best messenger available, like you call it.
    Why would it be better than Google Talk / Hangouts ?
    For one it is cross platform. So you don't have to live in an elite silo with your Android friends hanging out in your Google Hangouts with a sign that says "no BlackBerry users allowed".

You are listing ridiculous things as advantages like

- status updates, ability to change profile pics, change profile status' to "available", "busy" etc. Allows you to create groups

WHO CARES? 10,000 messengers have had that before
    How many of them are cross platform though? Just tossing out large numbers doesn't elevate your argument. :P

- create group lists (family = grocery shopping list)

What a GREAT feature, many people will start using BBM due to it

- and create events to share with all group members. Also the ability to share music updates (what song your listening too)

What a GREAT feature, many people will start using BBM due to it
    So 2 features that you have no use for allows you to project yourself across an entire marketplace an poo-poo these features for everyone? See this is the stuff that really annoys me about Apple and Android phone is this presumption that since they are apart of a popular platform they think that gives them some special intelligence in to what the rest of the marketplace really wants.

These are great features for busy people who want a 1 stop shop that isn't concerned about your choice of phone. I am sorry that you lack the creativity to understand how these features would be useful professionally and personally.

In my opinion BBM offers nothing the others either don't have or couldn't also implement within a short time to prevent losing users to BBM.
    Well it didn't take the creative forces at Google and Apple long to pick apart the best features of BB10 and implement it into their phones -- so you MAY have a point, but I highly doubt that Google plans on bringing Hangouts to BlackBerry nor do I think iMessage will be coming to Android or BlackBerry. BlackBerry even in their tarnished shape certainly has a lot more brand recognition than any other players in the multiplatoform messaging applications.

But please, tell me more reasons why BBM is the best messenger available.
    What so you can take a big dump on it and proclaim Android superiority? Have fun with your platform riddled with Chinese applications sending your personal data abroad. It's a perfect fit for DOD and areas where security matters.

Do you even know WHY Whatsapp has had that huge success? It was the first messenger that allowed you to start using it out of the box without manually adding people, because it automatically determines your whatsapp contacts based on the numbers in your phone book and the ones that use Whatsapp too. BBM clearly can't do that, can it?
    You know for WhatsApp being such the successful platform I can say I have loaded and never used it. I am not saying this is typical by any means, but I can't recall ever receiving any messages on the application.

Also, you need to compare BBM to more popular or more advanced messengers than iMessage as well, as you are clearly stating that BBM in your opinion is the best messenger available.
    BBM is the most mature mobile messaging application on the planet. How you like them Apples? It is generally one of the things that people miss coming from the BlackBerry platform to competing platforms. BBM is the reason that iMessage and WhatsApp exists (in the form that they do).

If you want to make an issue that they are late to the game, by all means that is a fair remark, but if you are just going to sit there upon your Android encrusted throne and toss spitballs, I think we all have better things to do!
    10-24-13 10:26 AM
    Well for one, iMessage isn't an SMS system. It's an MMS system. For those no in the know SMS is strictly texting. But with iMessage you can text, send video, pics, and voice messages as well. Both BBM app and iMessage use data, unless you are on wifi. You can also do group chats in iMessage, and you can change profile pics as well. My question is, what is the difference between BBM and Texting service from carriers. Most, if not all, carriers have unlimited texting included in their plans now. Which include being able to send video, pics and voice. It still uses data like BBM, unless you are on wifi. The only difference I really see, is that you have to have BBM app running in the background at all times to get notices. And we all know, any apps running in the background contributes to a significant battery drain.

The BBM app is a last ditch effort to bring the stock of Blackberry up, or at least keep it from sinking lower and lower. Why do you think they made the formerly exclusive BBM for only Blackberry users, to be available to other platforms? They trying to make the company more palatable for would be buyers. I've even heard they are selling the company in pieces. They are desperate to stay afloat and significant. Blackberry is the unfashionably late comer in the smartphone world. BBM is no exception. This app was suppose to be out last month. And when it finally came out, people had to wait in line to be able to set up. And it doesn't even have all the features Blackberry said it would have. Most exBlackberry users I know who downloaded this app, did it for the nostalgia. It was what they were using for years, before realizing the need to jump the Blackberry ship. I feel bad for Blackberry, considering they were the top of the heap for a long time. But poor business decisions, and delays after delays, sealed their fate. I can't be bothered with organizing and collecting PINs. If I want to chat with anyone, I just text them. No apps to launch, no PINs to worry about, and no added battery drain. And as others have mentioned already. With apps like WhatsApp, Viber and Skype picking up traction while Blackberry was trying to dig itself out of the hole they put themselves into, regardless of how many people downloaded the app, many will surely lose interest in it, and go back to what they were using before.
    10-25-13 12:37 PM
    My question is, what is the difference between BBM and Texting service from carriers. Most, if not all, carriers have unlimited texting included in their plans now.
    If you're asking that, then I have to ask you what the difference is between iMessage and SMS

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 12:47 PM
    Please add me to your iMessage group(s)
    [email protected]
    03-21-14 07:35 PM
218 ... 789