This is what, four times in a calendar year? And to think how the fanboys bashed RIM for their once in two years fiasco.
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-09-13 05:08 PM
    04-09-13 05:09 PM
    I hope they are going to give all there customers $100 worth of free apps for the inconvenience. Oh wait its apple never mind

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 05:11 PM
    You should go to iMore and leave your angry post in there

Post via BlackBerry z10 Crackberry App
    snison, slade632, DJRikko and 3 others like this.
    04-09-13 05:15 PM
    This is what, four times in a calendar year? And to think how the fanboys bashed RIM for their once in two years fiasco.
    It is obviously bad publicity for Apple, but I don't think we should be rejoicing at their situation. No product or platform is perfect, as they all will have issues from time to time. Apple still has a lot of customer goodwill and market-share to easily survive this, so we should be more concerned about our platform and making it better.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    04-09-13 05:19 PM
    So in July, September, October, November, (and maybe more since but I can't say for sure) and now in April, it has gone down. Funny how it has no effect on the perception people have of the reliability of Apple services.
    04-09-13 05:21 PM
    iMessage down for some users but the (free) alternatives to sending messages are:

whatsapp (.99)
    Textplus
    IMO
    Kik
    Facebook chat
    Wechat

iMesssage down, jump to something else... Life goes on. BBM goes down on the Z10, what's left...SMS?
    04-09-13 05:31 PM
    Guys and gals, if we want the trolls to stop bating us, we must stop bating them..... Lets set a good example
    04-09-13 05:36 PM
    iMessage down for some users but the (free) alternatives to sending messages are:

whatsapp (.99)
    Textplus
    IMO
    Kik
    Facebook chat
    Wechat

iMesssage down, jump to something else... Life goes on. BBM goes down on the Z10, what's left...SMS?
    hmmm facebook chat,
    hmmmm textplus,
    hmmmmmm whatsapp,
    hmmmmmmmmmmm kik
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm google chat
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm email...

and ok ill stop because lets face it.... BBM doesnt go down.... ok once or twice in what?? Ten years... STOPPPP ITTT!!!!!!
    04-09-13 05:39 PM
    I have all those chat services and more through imPro.

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-09-13 05:41 PM
    BBM goes down on the Z10, what's left...SMS?
    Yahoo Messenger, WLM, Skype (coming soon), WhatsApp, email, Google Talk, Facebook, twitter.
    04-09-13 05:47 PM
    Yahoo Messenger, WLM, Skype (coming soon), WhatsApp, email, Google Talk, Facebook, twitter.
    Great... which ones meet the criteria of native app, works well or currently avail? Email, really?

Point is, iMessage goes down is like a NYC subway line going down in Times Sq. Jump on another train and get where you're going, problem solved.
    04-09-13 05:53 PM
    Oh no it is down again. iMessage is glorified SMS. There are millions of more iMessage users than BBM.

The NOC being down was crucial because it was a source of secure communications in many businesses and government sectors. iMessage being down is like whatsapp being down. Not remotely close to being as big of a deal as NOC outages were. When you can't have secure communications or receive your email, that's a problem.
    04-09-13 05:57 PM
    Great... which ones meet the criteria of native app, works well or currently avail? Email, really?

Point is, iMessage goes down is like a NYC subway line going down in Times Sq. Jump on another train and get where you're going, problem solved.
    SMS, WhatsApp, email, Twitter, Facebook, FaceFlow, IM+Pro and others are all on BB10 and all work. I fail to see what your point is. The only one that was listed that is currently not available is Skype.
    04-09-13 05:59 PM
    SMS, WhatsApp, email, Twitter, Facebook, FaceFlow, IM+Pro and others are all on BB10 and all work. I fail to see what your point is. The only one that was listed that is currently not available is Skype.
    No point... Z10 has apps (however ported or not built by the respective company (FB & Twitter) and certainly don't offer the best user experience per the tens of posts on the topic)... but as i was saying you have apps.

iMessage goes down, the ecosystem provides a ton of alternatives. The OP positioned it as the sky was falling...
    04-09-13 06:06 PM
    Or you could just do what your device was made for. PHONE CALLS!!!!

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 06:06 PM
    BBM goes down on the Z10, what's left...SMS?
    I'm pretty sure that a significant portion of people out there wouldn't even notice if BBM went down at this point. I know I sure wouldn't. BBM could have been down for the last few weeks, and the end result would of been the same. Utter silence. Because no one I know uses BBM. BBM, the greatest app on the Z10 and I have absolutely no reason to open it.

I'd gladly trade the ghost town that is BBM for iMessages. Even if iMessages goes down more often, at least there would be a reason to use it when it is up. BBM's reliability is pretty pointless once all of your contacts move to iOS or Android.

Posted via my Shiny Red LE Z10
    04-09-13 06:07 PM
    Not even worth it.
    04-09-13 06:07 PM
    Meanwhile back at the ranch...

The Q10 is weeks away. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
    k-fos and MTL like this.
    04-09-13 06:08 PM

I wonder if thats why its trending on twitter at the moment.... and pretty much all of those work great on my phone.... thanks.... Troll
    seacan2 and FuzzyFish like this.
    04-09-13 06:14 PM
    Or you could just do what your device was made for. PHONE CALLS!!!!
    Sadly, I think phone calls will diminish as time goes by. When I think about phablets, I wonder who the heck is putting a 6.3" device to their face. I can't recall the last time I used my smart phone for more than a 10 min call.

Tech continues to upend the good ol' ways we did things.
    04-09-13 06:14 PM
    I wonder if thats why its trending on twitter at the moment.... and pretty much all of those work great on my phone.... thanks.... Troll
    Amusing, trending on twitter. what does that mean? I never said it wasn't newsworthy... I just said that people have a wealth of choices.

I don't believe you have those apps much less they work unless you post screen shots of them in action (sarcasm).
    04-09-13 06:18 PM

whatsapp (.99)
    Textplus
    IMO
    Kik
    Facebook chat
    Wechat

Im+, what's app, facebook,sms,pin-pin(eith the exception of bb10 for now),yahoo messenger, kik(legacy devices)
    What was your question again?

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-09-13 06:20 PM
    Im+, what's app, facebook,sms,pin-pin(eith the exception of bb10 for now),yahoo messenger, kik(legacy devices)
    What was your question again?
    What are you replying to? I think we cleared this about 10 posts back... but thanks for showing up, please turn the lights off before you go.
    Savior4Life likes this.
    04-09-13 06:25 PM
    Amusing, trending on twitter. what does that mean? I never said it wasn't newsworthy... I just said that people have a wealth of choices.

I don't believe you have those apps much less they work unless you post screen shots of them in action (sarcasm).
    maybe you should read the tweets.. you woulda thought imessage was crack and the end users had to go to rehab.... people arent happy... they are b1tching and complaining about it.... anyways yea, your posts have been ignorant because you didn't do your homework on all the social networking that is available on the z10..... FAIL.. as was the original post.... since who cares... imessage isnt a great invention.. its pretty basic to me so it going down isnt a story to me at all... but yea next time you want to come to a blackberry fan page and dog blackberry, come a little harder than your apps arent native.... cause then ill have to pull your "jailbreak" for things other platforms have card...... and i dont want to do that... #lol
    bbryfamous, seacan2 and RECOOL like this.
    04-09-13 06:36 PM
167 123 ...