I am attempting to join the Blackberry Users Lounge at RIM. It is asking for the IMEI number on my phone. Two battery pulls to check the label, and 4 surveys of the status screen later, I do not believe my phone has one!

I have a MEID number (two versions), but no IMEI. Am I looking in the right place? I even watched their little video telling me where to look on my phone, but my label and status screen don't match theirs!

BTW, I have a Curve 8330, Verizon carrier.
    10-28-09 01:29 PM
    Dial *#06#
    10-28-09 01:47 PM
    Sorry, but what was that? I dialed, but it said that the number had been disconnected or no longer in service.
    10-28-09 02:46 PM
    GSM phones have an IMEI so thats no help to you. your ESN or MEID is what CDMA phones use to authenicate with the network. the following link should help you.

Mobile Equipment Identifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    10-28-09 02:52 PM
    Do not press SEND. Just type that in the phone dialer, it will display the IMEI on your screen.
    10-28-09 02:52 PM
    Do not press SEND. Just type that in the phone dialer, it will display the IMEI on your screen.
    That still doesn't work on CDMA phones... It'll only work on GSM. Since you're with Rogers, you have a GSM phone.

I've been having this dilemma as well...
    10-28-09 07:32 PM
    Go to Options>Status. You'll see your PIN and IMEI or ESN. You will also see it if you pull the battery.
    10-28-09 07:41 PM
    Go to Options>Status. You'll see your PIN and IMEI or ESN. You will also see it if you pull the battery.
    Apparently, you did not see where I said I pulled the battery to check the label, and have checked the status on my phone several times looking for the elusive number. If it was that easy, I would not have to post.

I cannot get the #06# to work either, and RIM says I must have the $#$% number to log in to ask any questions! Like where the number is....and how to get it if I only have a MEID number on the phone. No IMEI or ESN. None. At all. Not under the battery or in the status screen.
    10-28-09 09:05 PM
    Do you still have the box it came in when you bought it? The ESN should be on the box.
    10-28-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD