what does this mean, and what do I have to do to change to this
    11-08-07 05:25 PM
    Stick with POP access. The IMAP feature is not PUSH email.
    11-08-07 06:38 PM
    is it ok if i now access my gmail via MS Outlook AND blackberry? wont this screw things up? will imap solve the problem?
    11-08-07 06:40 PM
    Stick with POP access. The IMAP feature is not PUSH email.
    Is it really true that GMail IMAP is not push email? Your explanation would greatly be appreciated.
    11-11-07 03:43 PM
    When they added IMAP I switched to see what the big deal was, and my emails were no longer PUSHED. They would take about 5-10 minutes to show up. I went back to POP, and everything was instant again. They both seem to be able to do two-way reconcile from the device itself, but not from the Gmail app to the BB.
    11-11-07 09:31 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/bla...map-fix-26986/

Fixed it on my phone last night i now have PUSH (instant) email with Gmail IMAP
    03-31-08 07:18 AM
    I know I can research this myself, but why not hijack the thread... What's the difference between IMAP and POP?
    03-31-08 08:16 AM
    IMAP is two way, POP is one way.

With pop the mail program pulls your messages off the server and downloads them in there entirety.

IMAP only downloads the message headers and when you open the message up it then downloads the rest of the email. Furthermore IMAP will sync things like deleted messages and whether or not a message was read with the server. So if you get an email and your using IMAP. Then you view the message on your BB then you click Reconcile Now it will mark the message as read in gmail so when you log into gmail it will show the message as read.

IMAP is also good for syncing email between multiple computers
    03-31-08 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD