Well today someone stole my 9700 after it fell out of my pocket @ the salvage yard while i was picking up a transmission for my 2003 Dodge Neon>> i called my phone and someone called it back from my #! didn't speak tho.. the phone can be replaced but the memory cards has everything from my son's 16th birthday to pets long lost and funerals too!!! i have recently used device switch wizard to transfer everythimg from a different phone to this one but when i try to open it it says that the media type is not supported>> can anyone tell me how to open this?

PS please hurry with the Torch CB I'm phoneless until then
    08-16-10 07:30 PM
    That's no good. Did you contact T-Mobile and tell them your phone was stolen? Pretty sure they can disable the sim or something
    08-16-10 07:39 PM
    *sigh* should have smrtguard or buddyguard or something on it to track that bad boy
    08-16-10 07:55 PM
    Better yet, why leave stuff like that on a mobile device. Should have copied off onto your computer. Sorry that it happened but meh, life goes on.
    08-16-10 08:20 PM
    Sorry to hear this. It really is too bad there are so many sh*t people out there like the one who would keep your device.
    08-16-10 08:33 PM
    I'm sorry for your loss.

I'd rather have anything stolen from me but my phone.

Again, I'm sorry.
    08-16-10 08:40 PM
    Oh I just realized you're the Torch winner! Congratulations
    08-16-10 08:41 PM
    yeah i won the Torch but I'm a T-mo customer so imma have a lot of problems just trying to get it to work and still wont have 3G.. im not biting the hand that feeds me by any means I STILL LOVE YOU CRACKBERRY!!!! Bit until i recieve it i am phoneless and even tho i BACKED UP my computer for some reason says it's an unsupported media type and cant read the files. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    08-16-10 08:50 PM
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 08:56 PM
    I feel sorry that your phone was stolen. I hope that you will somehow be able to recover your media files.
    08-16-10 09:15 PM
    once you get the torch you should be able to reload your backed up data and retrieve it from the device
    08-16-10 09:19 PM
    The person who stole your phone will have bad karma follow him/her and the fact you reported it.......it can't be used. Too bad this happened. What a ****. I truly believe what goes around, comes around. That person will get their justice.
    Too bad we won't get to see it.
    08-16-10 09:37 PM
    The person who stole your phone will have bad karma follow him/her and the fact you reported it.......it can't be used. Too bad this happened. What a ****. I truly believe what goes around, comes around. That person will get their justice.
    Too bad we won't get to see it.
    The always catch up with people like this
    Last edited by Spiral_ouT; 08-16-10 at 09:49 PM.
    08-16-10 09:47 PM
    Man that sucks i would be mad, i would have been hunting someone down lol, or talking about doing it.
    08-16-10 10:02 PM
    Once you get the Torch, you can unlock it and put a T-Mo SIM in it.
    08-17-10 12:09 AM
    The always catch up with people like this
    You know I bn killlln myself because I miss my BERRY BAAAD! But once I found a itoy when I was still on ATT *currentley Tmo customer* in the bathroom @ a bar and I gave it back... So I PRAY the karma police catch up with me~

08-17-10 12:09 AM
    Well at least you have a sweet phone heading your way. Sorry about your 9700 though, make sure you always back your stuff up!

Waits to hook up to DM after this story, lol!

08-17-10 01:55 AM
    Sorry for your loss. Hope the thieve loses his thumbs, if only berries could bite back, oh man, he'd be screaming in pain wishing he never took it from it's owner.

08-17-10 05:31 AM
    yeah i won the Torch but I'm a T-mo customer so imma have a lot of problems just trying to get it to work and still wont have 3G.. im not biting the hand that feeds me by any means I STILL LOVE YOU CRACKBERRY!!!! Bit until i recieve it i am phoneless and even tho i BACKED UP my computer for some reason says it's an unsupported media type and cant read the files. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    how are you trying to open the backup file? you need to 'restore data' from within DM to your 9800 and you should be set. you won't be able to just open the backup file and browse what was backed up on your computer. when switching from my 9700 to 9800 I did a backup of the important files and reloaded it onto the 9800, works like a charm
    08-17-10 05:45 AM
    Once you get the Torch, you can unlock it and put a T-Mo SIM in it.
    it's going to be unlocked when i recieve it but i was under the impression that the Torch wont work properly on T-mo network as of yet..
    08-17-10 06:50 PM
    Bummers. All I can say is Karma will have the last laugh. I hope everything work out for you.
    08-17-10 08:03 PM
    The Torch should work on Tmo, it just won't be 3G. We might have to hack a few settings too, but the pro(s) at CB will help you with that. pltaylor, the guy who wrote the How to use the Storm on Tmo & ATT threads should be able to help you figure it out. Plus there are others. We'll get you hooked up. Edge is plenty fast, plus you still get wifi and UMA calling too.
    08-17-10 08:16 PM
    Thanks pk much appriciated I got my email from CB yesterday so hopefully the Torch will arrive soon!

08-17-10 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD