okay so i just bought this used bb 8703e off the internet and i've been trying to update my browser and add some apps, but i'm not doing something right.

in the info it says the browser is v4.1.0.377. a few apps i wanted to add require 4.2 or higher. how can i update my browser?
    would downloading opera do anything for me?

also, while searching through the forums, what does it mean to have your blackberry unlocked?

sorry. new kid on the block.
    please show me around
    09-09-08 04:18 AM
    I'm not sure where you could find 4.2 browser but I'm sure someone could help you, I'm sure there's a site out there where it can be downloaded.

An "unlocked" phone simply means it's free to be used on any carrier. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what it means.
    09-09-08 04:36 AM
    To update the browser, I believe you need to update the Operating System (OS). Not sure what the latest OS for the 8703e.

Unlocked only refers to SIM Unlocked, which allows you to use the SIM cards of other carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 06:04 AM
    According to the sticky in the 87xx forum, the latest OS for the 8703 is v4.2.1.110. Crackberry's Memory Optimization Procedure will show you where to find it; BMcClure937's Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure will tell you how to install it. Those procedures are linked in various sigs, including mine when not posting from wap. You can easily find them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD