I have found that T-mobile doesn't have browser service books for 8110. If you are taking an unlocked 8110 to them you will not have a browser. If you are a SunCom convert DO NOT switch your SIM card to a T-Mo card. Now there are fixes. 1. Opera Mini. I've never been a fan but it's getting me by. Then there is a way to get working service books installed. It's not easy. I haven't figured it out yet but it's working for others.
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...o-browser.html
    Enable BlackBerry Browser without BIS/BES (BlackBerry Without BIS/BES)
    09-28-08 08:30 PM
    Seems like T-mobile has really dropped the ball on this one. Its one thing for them to not have Bold service books, totally different to be refusing to write the service books for a legit phone from a carrier they bought! I wonder if there is a way for RIM to just make the service books and post then......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 11:28 PM
    Very odd indeed. Seems they got more than they bargained for on that one. I've generally been quite happy with TMO. I really think they should have swapped you the 8120, especially with the 8220 coming out. Bummed to hear that one. If and when I get a Jav, I can maybe pass you my TMO 8100. Dunno that I'll need it then. Course, by then you may have a new carrier and phone!
    09-29-08 12:12 AM
    I have found that T-mobile doesn't have browser service books for 8110. If you are taking an unlocked 8110 to them you will not have a browser. If you are a SunCom convert DO NOT switch your SIM card to a T-Mo card. Now there are fixes. 1. Opera Mini. I've never been a fan but it's getting me by. Then there is a way to get working service books installed. It's not easy. I haven't figured it out yet but it's working for others.
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...o-browser.html
    Enable BlackBerry Browser without BIS/BES (BlackBerry Without BIS/BES)

Taylor,

just realized I could probably use Opera Mini, too. having same service book issues with my 8310, which happened coincidentally when I tried to upgrade the OS to .81 I have spent something in the neighborhood of 5-6 hours on the phone with tech support from T-Mo, and from RIM. I am thinking about having T-Mo transfer me to the BB/PDA support guys in the old Suncom call center in Richmond. perhaps they can effect the necessary switch?
    09-29-08 02:07 AM
    They can't. The problem is the service book simply doesn't exist. I have located the e-mail address to the upper echelons of T-mo customer care. Feel free to bombard them with request to right this problem. [email protected]
    09-29-08 06:52 AM
    Hence the thread title. So is that all the insight you have to offer?
    I agree... that comment was uncalled for
    09-29-08 05:49 PM
    Haha... Looks like Pltaylor has a B R O W S E R...
    09-29-08 08:27 PM
    YES I DO! You are the man Crucial! Four days of tmo and RIM tech support and crucial hooks me up in like five minutes. I'll post the how to for others in a bit. Thank you so much Crucial!

09-29-08 09:12 PM
    Awesome news!! You can always count on Crucial in a pinch
    09-29-08 09:25 PM
    YES I DO! You are the man Crucial! Four days of tmo and RIM tech support and crucial hooks me up in like five minutes. I'll post the how to for others in a bit. Thank you so much Crucial!

Your welcome bro. I'm just glad you got everything working now. A berry with no browser isn't a good thing.
    09-29-08 09:26 PM
    crucial saves the day again!
    09-29-08 09:30 PM
    I always look at Crucial's posts every time I see his name on a thread. Gotta keep up to date, if ya know what I mean...
    09-29-08 09:33 PM
    I always look at Crucial's posts every time I see his name on a thread. Gotta keep up to date, if ya know what I mean...
    oh def! he has the info hook-up!
    09-29-08 09:36 PM
    O.k. I finally got wifey off the laptop! So, yeah I did a lot of searching and found quite a few people are having this problem taking unlocked phones (Bolds included)to T-mo that they don't sell. I found a very difficult aledged fix that involved javaloader and downloading removal tools and I just couldn't make it happen. Again Thank you for bailing me out here Crucial. So here's what we did.
    First you need a copy of working service books. The ones I used were from an 8100. I'm not sure how far off your model you can stray. By the way Thank you also to SLVR6 who worked on this with me for two days sending me copies of his service books before we figured out the method.

Then go to C:\program files\common files\RIM\shared\loader files\{your OS here}\java. Create a new folder called removed. Locate the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod and move this module to the folder you created. Now run app loader and the browser will be removed. Next go to back up/restore>advanced drop the service books into the left box to restore them to device. Go back to the removed folder take the module back out and delete the folder. Run app loader again to reinstall the browser and POOF! Your back BABY! Resend your service books to restore your email.

Man that was a rough four and half days!
    09-29-08 10:09 PM
    O.k. I finally got wifey off the laptop! So, yeah I did a lot of searching and found quite a few people are having this problem taking unlocked phones (Bolds included)to T-mo that they don't sell. I found a very difficult aledged fix that involved javaloader and downloading removal tools and I just couldn't make it happen. Again Thank you for bailing me out here Crucial. So here's what we did.
    First you need a copy of working service books. The ones I used were from an 8100. I'm not sure how far off your model you can stray. By the way Thank you also to SLVR6 who worked on this with me for two days sending me copies of his service books before we figured out the method.

Then go to C:\program files\common files\RIM\shared\loader files\{your OS here}\java. Create a new folder called removed. Locate the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod and move this module to the folder you created. Now run app loader and the browser will be removed. Next go to back up/restore>advanced drop the service books into the left box to restore them to device. Go back to the removed folder take the module back out and delete the folder. Run app loader again to reinstall the browser and POOF! Your back BABY! Resend your service books to restore your email.

Man that was a rough four and half days!
    Awesome Pltaylor. I'm sure this will help many members. Good job bro.
    09-29-08 10:11 PM
    I am just glad you got it to work again! Congrats! Crucial, you did it again, good job also.

09-29-08 10:20 PM
    Cheers!
    09-29-08 10:21 PM
    Oh Crap CX I can't believe I forgot to mention, after we did this for the first time ever I can STREAM! Youtube, Moodio, XM !!!
    Sweet I'm as excited as I was the first day I got it!
    09-29-08 10:28 PM
    Hows that browser working Pltaylor??
    09-30-08 06:09 PM
    Good as new. Better actually. The T-Mobile browser is much faster and more stable.
    09-30-08 06:20 PM
    Glad you're browsing again. I just have one question and not sure if I missed this or not. Was it not possible to just go back to the SunCom sim? It seems from what I read that you were doing just fine until you switched the sim to TMo.
    09-30-08 06:23 PM
    Glad you're browsing again. I just have one question and not sure if I missed this or not. Was it not possible to just go back to the SunCom sim? It seems from what I read that you were doing just fine until you switched the sim to TMo.
    That was my first question and although I don't know why, the answer is no. I guess you can only activate a SIM once?
    09-30-08 06:25 PM
    That was my first question and although I don't know why, the answer is no. I guess you can only activate a SIM once?
    You should be able to switch sim as often as you wish, provided they are on active accounts. In your case I suspect T-Mo blocked the Suncom as soon as the new sim was detected in use on the *same* account. Probably to prevent you running 2 phones on a single account, and it seems fair if they offered an exchange SIM.
    09-30-08 07:39 PM
    Just an update. Yesterday I got a call from T-Mobile Executive Care. They had reviewed my account and for all the trouble I had had out of this situation the credited me the $100 I spent for the new phone AND 2 months of FREE service! I was shocked and thrilled! Good Customer Service just may not be dead after all.
    Go
    T-Mobile!
    10-23-08 08:59 AM
    LOL.. in the OP's PIN line..it says "Ask for the last."

There's only 35 possible characters. A through Z and 1 through 9.

If someone wanted it bad enough, they could just try all 35 combo's until they found it.
    10-23-08 12:15 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD