So I've managed to access the hidden engineering screen, but now I'm stuck on it. Stuck as in: everytime I do ALT + CAP + H it goes directly into eScreen. Tried restarting, battery pull, still there. Can't get into the "Help me!" menu anymore.

Know a way out of this ?
    10-27-10 04:14 PM
    The minimum that eScreen will show up is 1 day. The algorithms on the net are in 1 day minimum.
    10-27-10 04:18 PM
    So I've managed to access the hidden engineering screen, but now I'm stuck on it. Stuck as in: everytime I do ALT + CAP + H it goes directly into eScreen. Tried restarting, battery pull, still there. Can't get into the "Help me!" menu anymore.

Know a way out of this ?
    what was the time delay entered into the escreen code generator? (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc.) that time delay controls how long the escreen stays active. once the time delay reaches its end, the escreen deactivates.
    10-27-10 04:18 PM
    If you set it to 30 days when you generated the key, it will be there for 30 days. No biggie, how often do you need to alt caps H anyway. Forget about it, it will go away eventually.

Confusious say man who fart in church,
    Must sit in pew! Haha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 04:57 PM
    If you set it to 30 days when you generated the key, it will be there for 30 days. No biggie, how often do you need to alt caps H anyway. Forget about it, it will go away eventually.

I do alt caps h every time I reboot to shut down linkedin when I'm not using it.
    10-27-10 05:03 PM
    Sorry SCrid, I don't think anyone has figured out how to deactivate the escreen since it took so long to figure out how to get it. How do you shut down an app from the help screen? Do you mean alt caps delete to reboot? Have you tried pressing and holding the bb key? That should bring up app switcher, then you can maximize Linked in and close it using Menu/Close.

10-27-10 05:14 PM
    Sorry SCrid, I don't think anyone has figured out how to deactivate the escreen since it took so long to figure out how to get it. How do you shut down an app from the help screen? Do you mean alt caps delete to reboot? Have you tried pressing and holding the bb key? That should bring up app switcher, then you can maximize Linked in and close it using Menu/Close.

Lol, reread the first post, I thought he was having the opposite of the problem he's having.
    I read somewhere that reentering the same code will relock it... not that that's any help to anyone, I doubt people remember their code. Next time I unlock mine I'll try it and report back.
    LinkedIn doesn't let you completely close it down, you can only send it to the background. I have a few other apps that I close in this way when I reboot, but not everything will close that way :/
    To shut down an app from the advances help screen, go to jvm engineering screens, processes, highlight a process, blackberry key, kill process. Works like a charm.
    10-27-10 05:32 PM
    OMG it computed it DAYS ?
    Pfff I'm used to Linux and everything running in seconds...
    I've made a simpe hash script (inspired myself from the net).
    You can read it here on my blog on how to generate your own escreen code really easy and quick, but only if ur running linux.

sapindale | Just another WordPress.com site

So I entered 30 days. Awesome.
    10-27-10 06:04 PM
    Yeah I saw the Kill Process option. Now I know what to use it for! Thanks Scrid!
    That would make sense that the key would shut it back down. What would happen if you generated a new key and typed it in? Never mind, you need the info from the help screen to do that , Duh!

10-27-10 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD