First I am sorry your RMA experience has been less than smooth. I have only needed to engage the RMA process on one occasion for my 2-year old, at the time, BlackBerry Bold 9700. I took the device to my wireless carrier, they confirmed the device was under warranty, they contacted Research In Motion and obtained an RMA tracking number immediately. Approximately 2 weeks later I received a call fro my wireless carrier advising that my BlackBerry Bold 9700 was repaired and awaiting my pick-up. Apparently the system board was at fault so Research In Motion provided a brand new, non-refurbished BlackBerry Bold 9700. To be honest, I was shocked the entire process went smoothly and the turnaround time was within the stated 2-week period that I had been promised.

Once Research In Motion approves the RMA request the actual service is provided by an outsourced partner as best as I could determine. In other words, there is no RIM RMA team per se. When you contact RIM for a status update they have to check with the outsourced partner whom may not have updated the service record.
    You're absolutely right that the RMA request is outsourced, as I looked up the location that my device was being sent to and it was listed under "Quanta Computer Services" or something like that. I'm not necessarily blaming RIM, but I think that the customer service department could have done more to address my initial concerns instead of trying to dismiss me or shift the blame to FedEx (I had actually suggested that their center may not have updated the record and the rep said that's not possible).
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-06-13 03:37 PM
    RIM should have blackberry stores....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 04:11 PM
    Holy cow, you have a P9981?! Now I'm officially jealous, lol.

But yeah, it's very frustrating. I bought my PlayBook from Staples so the manufacturer warranty was the only one available by this time, but I think that going through a carrier has its benefits as they can provide a replacement device almost immediately. I definitely believe you when you say that you're careful with your devices as my PlayBook rarely stayed out of its OEM convertible case and I didn't keep it plugged up indefinitely or let the charge completely diminish. But either way, I hope we both see a resolution to our situations soon.
    I'm about to get the bb10 hopefully it'll be a better one this time hey
    00stryder likes this.
    01-06-13 07:44 PM
    RIM should have blackberry stores....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    This is true, this will help RIM interact with customers in a more effective way. No more hassle....there are some but only in few countries, I think expanding this stores worldwide will be a big help, other companies have done it already
    01-06-13 07:47 PM
    No with Apple it's replaced at an apple store anywhere, you don't have to send it in and wait
    You have the option to send it in though. If you live far from a store, it's the more suitable option. If you supply them with a credit card, Apple will ship your replacement before you send your phone in.
    01-06-13 09:22 PM
55 123