I just bought a Blackberry curve 8330 - Verizon - and they told me I could not download ringtones to it; that I had to use the choices which were already there... and yet, when I click on Downloads and tools here, it appears as tho I can download ringtones - help..... is this a problem with Verizon being my carrier or ??? and if anyone has any specific helpful suggestions I sure would appreciate it.... there is a steep learning curve for me here... Thanks...
    05-26-08 03:46 PM
    Most carriers don't supply ring tones that are BB compatible. Yes, you can use the ring tones here. I have quite a few on my Curve, for the alarm feature I use "loud office alarm," this will wake the dead.
    05-26-08 03:48 PM
    Welcome to CB...yes you can download the ringtones from here. I have the same BB you do and the ringtones work great.
    05-26-08 03:51 PM
    05-26-08 03:55 PM
    Ok thanks everyone... more stupid questions.... I found ringtones I'd like; now what..... do I download or email.... and either way, then what do I do (I warned you I was very new.....) thanks.....
    05-26-08 04:03 PM
    email the ringtone to yourself from crackberry...

then open the email and click on the link provided that says here is your crackberry ringtone...

then save it...

go to profiles and set up each profile using the new tones or any others you have and voila....

-db
    05-26-08 04:05 PM
    they told me ...
    Thanks...
    It must be quite a challenge, keeping up with all the different phones the salespeople are dealing with every day. Now you know, if They tell you something, check it out here before you sign on the dotted line.

Ringtones are a sub-industry, of course you can use custom ringtones.
    05-26-08 04:06 PM
    05-26-08 04:13 PM
    welcome to crackberry!
    05-26-08 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD