I still don't like the idea of a fraudulent insurance claim but you seem to have set your mind on it. Remember if you get caught you could get a criminal record, and the way insurance fraud databases work it will flag anyone at your address, not only you.

If you can't find a repair shop try a google search on
    cellphone repair <your city>
    I tried this and it seems to get plenty of hits even for most US cities
    03-21-09 09:55 AM
    I still don't like the idea of a fraudulent insurance claim but you seem to have set your mind on it. Remember if you get caught you could get a criminal record, and the way insurance fraud databases work it will flag anyone at your address, not only you.

If you can't find a repair shop try a google search on
    cellphone repair <your city>
    I tried this and it seems to get plenty of hits even for most US cities
    But I don't know what else my choices are... I mean can't I just Say the screen is in terrible condition, scratch it up more, and than send it in? Because technically that is not fraud, because as of now, the screen is horendous.
    03-21-09 10:35 AM

One last question... you said you put your BB down and a bag was placed on top of it? WHY WOULD YOU LET YOUR BB OUT OF YOUR POSSESSION?!

Good luck! And RIP Tisha.
    It was right before track practice started, and I had it sitting on the stage at school right next to me, and someone just kinda plopped their bag down.
    03-21-09 10:38 AM
    Your mother is not helping you learn responsibility..
    She's making me pay for it. And just because I have a NICE mom doesn't mean she's not teaching me to be responsible.
    03-21-09 10:40 AM
    Readig your post(Ilovemiley) really made me sad! I think I want to cry for you.
    03-21-09 11:30 AM
    Thank you thinkamp! And now I'm getting bitched at for wanting to spend 50 dollars for an insurance phone, but they don't understand the Berry obbsession. Do you guys think ill get a red one again? Like can I tell them what color? I would cry if I got grey

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 11:34 AM
    get a new one its so worth it
    03-21-09 11:36 AM
    get a new one its so worth it
    Yeah, I'm going to at this point. What would you say to Asurion that would allow me to still use my phone while a wiat?

03-21-09 11:41 AM
    i thought sprint stopped selling the 8330?
    03-21-09 12:08 PM
    i thought sprint stopped selling the 8330?
    No, they still have them. If they didn't the obly choice would be the 8830

03-21-09 12:13 PM
    that would just suck.

but if you dont get the red one you can always order the housing for it.
    customize that baby!!
    03-21-09 12:14 PM
    Trust me you want the Curve over the 8830. The 8830 has VERY minimal multimedia features.
    03-21-09 12:16 PM
    that would just suck.

but if you dont get the red one you can always order the housing for it.
    customize that baby!!
    Never! With my new one I'm not taking ANYTHING apart. Lol. And I think I'm gonna say the screen is scratched beyond repair, than when it comes just demolish the old one. But when I got my Razr through insurance they asked what color. I hope they do for this

03-21-09 12:16 PM
    well then you go girl.
    i could not go without customizing mine! i love it!
    03-21-09 12:19 PM
    well then you go girl.
    i could not go without customizing mine! i love it!
    Boy, lol, but its not your fault. I'm just a very unlucky person in terms of repairs, finding concert tickets, and many other things. So NO MORE taking ANYTHING apart on the new one.

03-21-09 12:21 PM
    customize with skinz, and cases, and software, but NO more cnn parts! IMHO
    03-21-09 12:23 PM
    Boy, lol, but its not your fault. I'm just a very unlucky person in terms of repairs, finding concert tickets, and many other things. So NO MORE taking ANYTHING apart on the new one.

well i'm a girl, but i hope all goes well for you!!
    03-21-09 12:23 PM
    customize with skinz, and cases, and software, but NO more cnn parts! IMHO
    Agreed! And I hope if I send Phantom Skinz a copy of my insurance claim they will send me a new one

03-21-09 12:26 PM
    I would have taken it to get repaired proffesionally for the same fact that I spent so much on it I'm willing to do whatever it takes to fix it properly the first time. I would probably cry if I were you I'm sorry . Be extra careful with your replacement and don't try to fix anything yourself. Good luck!

03-21-09 12:32 PM
    how did you waste so much money? just with the phantom skins? because you said silicone cases and those can be used again or sell them on ebay. sorry to hear bout the misofortune that sucks. just report it to insurance i thought insurance usually issued a new model? hmmm maybe im confused o well lol. good luck! it would bug me i would spend the 50 for a new one!
    03-21-09 12:35 PM
    Trust me you want the Curve over the 8830. The 8830 has VERY minimal multimedia features.
    Not to mention the big difference in installed memory (8830 = 64MB, 8330 = 96MB).
    03-21-09 01:14 PM

Like, yeah!
    That was priceless.
    03-21-09 03:14 PM
    Tisha's dead, girl. Poor out some Kool-Aid� for your dead homie.
    ...and if she's not dead, she soon will be if you keep messin' with her.
    No words for this. Too funny.
    03-21-09 03:15 PM
    That was priceless.
    Yeah I cracked up at that too.

Ilikemileyy or whatever the heck, no one is being mean, people are telling you that you are committing insurance fraud. Between this thread and being okay with the stolen storm on verizon, I don't think your mom is being 'nice' by not instilling proper respect for the law with you. She is spoiling you rotten and setting you up for never having any sense of right, wrong or personal responsibility for the future.

I have voided my warranty. I am a perfectionist. I have done some damage to my replacement lens and to the lcd screen. Am I lying to Bell or RIM (since technically I am in my year warranty) by saying its normal wear and tear? No - I ordered replacement parts and am researching the repair. But, like you, I did it to myself. And I'm not lying to anyone or running to mommy. And if I did it to my phone that I have on my parents plan (which wouldn't happen anyway) my mom wouldn't have been fine with it. I'd be paying for a new handset or repairs out of my pocket and learning a lesson.

Its not mean to have someone tell you the legal ramifications, and if you think we were mean to you, your mother has done you no favours by handholding you like she has.

Honestly I hope asurion doesn't replace it.

03-22-09 11:30 AM
    Yeah I cracked up at that too.

Ilikemileyy or whatever the heck, no one is being mean, people are telling you that you are committing insurance fraud. Between this thread and being okay with the stolen storm on verizon, I don't think your mom is being 'nice' by not instilling proper respect for the law with you. She is spoiling you rotten and setting you up for never having any sense of right, wrong or personal responsibility for the future.

I have voided my warranty. I am a perfectionist. I have done some damage to my replacement lens and to the lcd screen. Am I lying to Bell or RIM (since technically I am in my year warranty) by saying its normal wear and tear? No - I ordered replacement parts and am researching the repair. But, like you, I did it to myself. And I'm not lying to anyone or running to mommy. And if I did it to my phone that I have on my parents plan (which wouldn't happen anyway) my mom wouldn't have been fine with it. I'd be paying for a new handset or repairs out of my pocket and learning a lesson.

Its not mean to have someone tell you the legal ramifications, and if you think we were mean to you, your mother has done you no favours by handholding you like she has.

Honestly I hope asurion doesn't replace it.

Well, I did pay for my original phone which was bought on February 8th, and I payed for the replacement parts when I tried to do it myself. Now I'm paying the 50 dollar insurance fee, and I don't see how its insurance fraud if I tell them the screen is scratched and blurred. Because it is.

03-22-09 11:41 AM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD