Now I know this has been discussed over and over, but I'm wondering if JT is being chosen because it's cheaper.

Anyone use the IM+ for BB yet?

It's now 24.95 in CB store and was wondering why a lot of people chose it besides $$$.

I am thinking of getting this app for the translator, but wanted to know if it's a functional and "always on" like JT?

I've used it on winSLOW (windows mobile) devices and didn't really like it, but that was way back when. The new look from the pictures look nice.
    04-10-08 11:32 PM
    I have the same dilemma my 30 day trial ran out today of all days hah. I only use aim really and it just looks like a better app and a better deal to have jivetalk for me. I like the blue/green bubble scheme and frankly the im+ interface looks... "Usable" at best not very aesthetically pleasing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-08 11:42 PM
    I eventually took a deep breath and bought Jive.

Oh, you can try googling a -$5 coupon for it too. $14.95. That's how much I paid for it.
    04-11-08 12:07 AM
    Will they both work over wifi?
    I will be travelling and want to get one I can use over wifi conection.

04-11-08 12:54 AM
    Will they both work over wifi?
    I will be travelling and want to get one I can use over wifi conection.

Yes. Basically, applications don't care "how" you connect, just that you have an Internet connection. When I'm home (at my wifi) my BB uses my wifi, when I'm out, it uses EDGE.

Patrick
    04-11-08 01:06 AM
    But yahoo won't, right?

04-11-08 01:53 AM
    Anyone have insights on IM+?

I really am this close to purchasing it. Wondering why not if they are the same price for today?

IM+
    04-11-08 03:12 PM
    There was a thread about IM+. People were talking about it bricking their berries....

Here it is:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/im-...-8130-a-27592/
    Last edited by Flurrycat; 04-11-08 at 05:16 PM.
    04-11-08 04:53 PM
    now thats scary
    i try to keep third party apps to a minimum, esp since im a little technologically impaired
    04-11-08 05:53 PM
    I have both and can honestly say that JT is wayyyy better than IM+ IMO.
    04-11-08 07:34 PM
    I have used both, i found JiveTalk alot better to use. And also alot cosmetically better..
    04-11-08 07:41 PM
    Same here nothing to do with price, Bee Jive is a lot better. And it has been updated to work with WiFi.
    04-11-08 07:42 PM
    jivetalk FTW
    04-11-08 11:07 PM
    I've also tried both and found JiveTalk to be better (for me).
    04-12-08 07:50 AM
    I, too, prefer JiveTalk for the interface and the price. IM+ is a great chat client, too. I think more people would be inclined to purchase it if it were closer to JiveTalk's price.

04-12-08 08:28 AM
    Re: the Friday 11th, April 2008 IM+ Promotion, read this post.

Seems IM+ and the 8130 don't get along just yet.
    04-12-08 09:10 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have the 8310 and 8100, no worries there.

I downloaded the trial and realize I prefer JT.
    04-12-08 09:28 AM
    jivetalk is waaaaaay better than im+...i had purchased im+ when i first got my blackberry because i hadnt heard of jivetalk, but then i came across jivetalk while it was in beta for free and ended up purchasing it once it came out of beta because it was way better than im+...

im+ disconnects so easily and is horrible at automatically reconnecting...sometimes i cant even tell im disconnected or if my messages are going through. jivetalk disconnects at times but will immediately reconnect with no problem and you can tell when your messages go through because they turn from a grey to black font. the interface just looks better on jivetalk as well. the layout and interface on im+ kinda looks cheesy to me. i really dont know why im+ cost so much...its not that great a program.
    04-12-08 11:08 AM
    Definitely a jivetalk fan. I spent forever refusing to buy any apps. I wanted it free. Jivetalk is the one exception. It's the only app I've purchased.

04-12-08 11:21 AM
    could someone please help me with the jive talk I am new to bb and I tryed to download it but i must be doing something wrong.
    04-12-08 11:36 AM
    Wow, no IM+ fans at all...
    04-12-08 01:35 PM
    Ok. I have IM+ and I do like it. I will admit that I do not IM all the time but they do upgrade IM+ for free (at least thus far), in fact when I used it this morning it prompted me that there was an update available for download. They have changed the user interface with it and I do like it better than I did before. Plus it accesses all the IM services that I use. I find it a very stable application on my BB.
    04-12-08 02:03 PM
    bricking phones??? ouchee..no thanks!
    04-13-08 10:11 PM
    Not on the curves though. It was an issue with 8130s
    04-13-08 10:21 PM
    I actually like them both. JT's interface is more aesthetically pleasing, but IM+ really isn't that bad. The only negative I've encountered is the fact that it loses the connection more frequently than JT did. When IM+'s trial expires, I'll probably go with JT, for the price.
    04-14-08 06:33 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD