I saw the last meetup (recorded).
    The introduction text included "we promise this one will be way more upbeat".
    I went in and watched, listened.
    Can't discuss any points in particular, I know how much knowledgeable "our" gal & guys are.
    So I won't. (But I won't watch previous episode either )

I'm glad I hear Kevin giving some explanations about what may be qualified as pessimistic writing, witch turns out to be a "coach-champion" balanced reporting.
    I'm glad I hear Kris and Bla1ze raving about mobile communication (file sync in particular).
    I'm glad I hear Chris questioning about "what is BB10" (even with no answer), witch is what the committee works out to promote.

But hey, CB Nation, our guys are exhausted (body talk never lies) and there's a psychological thing here we can must balance.
    I'm not ashamed of being a BlackBerry fanboy, because - ! Thanks Alicia ! - it's not only a device or a brand I support here. It's a lifestyle.
    As much as I can, I try to focus on BlackBerry and avoid comparison with the two leaders of the market, but these two (software) giants are to me nothing but the gray monsters Job's described in his famous campaign. I want my team to succeed. I want to think by myself.
    I'm a fan, and there's nothing you can do against that.

My team is BlackBerry.
    And the stadium I go to watch the game is CrackBerry.
    I'm right here, sitting in the bleatchers, watching a football game I'm not that familiar to (we play soccer here).
    But on the field I see guys, "our" guys, those from CrackBerry and of course those from BlackBerry.
    They're scored, weather is bad & cold, ground is slippy, sweaters are wet and they all blow out breathless smoke.

What-you-gonna-DO-now ?
    Support.
    Because support can do magic.
    Because support gives strength.
    Because support breaks mind walls.

There's nothing we can do besides that (and buy, promote BB10, sure !).
    So, let's do it ! And while Kevin may wonder on what type of tune he could dance ... I got it for you, Champ'

Sing it loud, write it in caps, in image, in video : make some noise and show your style with a simple answer shout to this OP.
    We need some out of topic, out of control crazyness.

C'mon !!!!

I'm no Champ, I'm no expert: I'm a fan-makeitfunky.png
    09-05-13 11:48 AM
    I'm too old for this ****!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 11:54 AM
    09-05-13 12:03 PM
    It was much easier to be a fan before I found out about Thor's 55 million reasons to sell the company.
    09-05-13 12:44 PM
    Here is my contribution to your thread, Antoine. I'll gather to you.

09-05-13 08:08 PM
    I think a lot of people in here need to get out more.
    TgeekB, Thunderbuck and scorpiodsu like this.
    09-05-13 09:42 PM
    I think a lot of people in here need to get out more.
    Or.....we know we're facing some difficult times, have been in it, we know it's there, but we want to shake ourselves up, breathe in, square our shoulders, and continue living...
    09-06-13 04:16 AM
    Or.....we know we're facing some difficult times, have been in it, we know it's there, but we want to shake ourselves up, breathe in, square our shoulders, and continue living...
    With all due respect if this is what is classified as a difficult time (i.e. our phone manufacturer of choice going out of business) then times are pretty good.

Unless you have a job on the line with Blackberry then it's hard to say that this is a difficult time. It's a phone, nothing more, nothing less. And while I support Blackberry at times people act like a member of their family is dying when referring to BB.
    CeeXTwo, codehut, TgeekB and 2 others like this.
    09-06-13 04:38 AM
    With all due respect if this is what is classified as a difficult time (i.e. our phone manufacturer of choice going out of business) then times are pretty good.

Unless you have a job on the line with Blackberry then it's hard to say that this is a difficult time. It's a phone, nothing more, nothing less. And while I support Blackberry at times people act like a member of their family is dying when referring to BB.
    Of course I know the difference between my life, my job, my health, my loved ones, my animals, my friends, my house, my car, and my phone. Of course this is not a personal loss similar to a personal life event. But it is a difficult time for a company whose products I have been buying and using since 2004. Of course it's a loss. Why would it not?

And why is it needed for posters to come into this thread to offer their ridicule and sarcasm when Antoine simply set out a thread to help us along?

There are loads of ugly and tragic things in the world, does that mean that we should not seek personal happiness? BlackBerry struggles do not affect me personally, does that mean I should not feel sadness for the end of a personal choice and for the problems many families will face?

Of course not. This does not affect me. But it does not stop me from supporting a virtual friend's idea to at least take a moment and breathe in and out. There are times when cynicism can be given a rest.

Peace. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 05:05 AM
    Of course I know the difference between my life, my job, my health, my loved ones, my animals, my friends, my house, my car, and my phone. Of course this is not a personal loss similar to a personal life event. But it is a difficult time for a company whose products I have been buying and using since 2004. Of course it's a loss. Why would it not?

And why is it needed for posters to come into this thread to offer their ridicule and sarcasm when Antoine simply set out a thread to help us along?

There are loads of ugly and tragic things in the world, does that mean that we should not seek personal happiness? BlackBerry struggles do not affect me personally, does that mean I should not feel sadness for the end of a personal choice and for the problems many families will face?

Of course not. This does not affect me. But it does not stop me from supporting a virtual friend's idea to at least take a moment and breathe in and out. There are times when cynicism can be given a rest.

Peace. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    No and I never said you couldn't. I said to say that we are facing difficult times, living it, shake ourselves up, breathe in, etc. seems a little dramatic to me. If that is your way of expressing sadness for a company then by all means you have that right.

I have also used Blackberry since 2004 and have been a member of this site since 2007 and I think I've earned the right to mix it up in a thread if I want to. And imo sarcasm is needed in threads like these and others or we would have nothing but "Tis a sad day", "I'm devastated over the BB news", "My life is over without BB" threads where people are acting like they've found out a loved one has cancer. Sometimes a little levity is needed to put things in perspective. Just my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
    TgeekB and scorpiodsu like this.
    09-06-13 05:29 AM
    Yes, you have a right to express your opinion and you have done do marvelously well.

I will now stand by my friend and support his thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 05:56 AM

For my BlackBerry haters
    09-06-13 07:48 AM

If I may present another perspective; to some it's far more than "just a phone." How is this? Some people are very passionate about technology. It is very possible if you are someone capable of that to form a real emotional attachment to something that has extremely wide and positive impact on your life as a whole. My BlackBerry's have enriched my life in so many ways, being my connection to the world around me, and how my various uses for it keep a lot of elements in my personal, adult life organized / in order, not to mention just how much easier it makes a lot of things for me, and believe me, my life has enough stresses and aggravations that anything to take even the slightest weight off of life is very welcome.

This explains why I personally am feeling this sorrow over the possible loss of this company. I don't know a better way to explain emotional attachment to a piece of technology, but where you see "just a phone" I see a best friend. At any rate, cheers my good man
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-06-13 07:56 AM
    We wanted noise, we wanted music.

Let's make enough noise to drown out the criticism and the sarcasm. Let that be done other time, some other place. I would not be here on Crackberry, would not have learned what I've learned and would not have made the friends I've made on here without Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-06-13 08:48 AM
    People are behind this whole story. People with jobs, family... real people.
    That's those people I wanted to shout support at. Machines and brands don't play on the field. But I'm pretty sure you didn't read the OP.

Should have this thread existed? Well, maybe yes, maybe not. It was not intended to be a rant host, just a friendly thing towards the guys and gals.

Probably, if no exotic ranters had injected their personal anger, it'll be 2 or 3 pages away, ready for archives and far from community's eyes.

So if you believe it's a [whatever reason you think it's stupid] thread, just let it dive.

In fact, due to party poos, I wonder if mods shouldn't simply close it. I've no intent to comment any cons and unfortunately what those who will read it will find is venon where we wanted some fun and positive vibes.

Let it be; mods, can you close this, please? (and sorry for the extra-work).

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy and Thunderbuck like this.
    09-06-13 08:56 AM
    A little positively is always a good thing.. Thanks for a great thread @Superfly !
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-06-13 09:01 AM
    People are behind this whole story. People with jobs, family... real people.
    That's those people I wanted to shout support at. Machines and brands don't play on the field. But I'm pretty sure you didn't read the OP.

Should have this thread existed? Well, maybe yes, maybe not. It was not intended to be a rant host, just a friendly thing towards the guys and gals.

Probably, if no exotic ranters had injected their personal anger, it'll be 2 or 3 pages away, ready for archives and far from community's eyes.

So if you believe it's a [whatever reason you think it's stupid] thread, just let it dive.

In fact, due to party poos, I wonder if mods shouldn't simply close it. I've no intent to comment any cons and unfortunately what those who will read it will find is venon where we wanted some fun and positive vibes.

Let it be; mods, can you close this, please? (and sorry for the ewtra-work).

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    NO!!!!! No! Your idea SHOULD stand! It was a great idea. Cynicism and sarcasm should NOT be the only thing that ever wins.

NO!!!!! Let it stand!
    09-06-13 09:03 AM

Oh, so we should ignore all the people that work there, all the investors (not the big sharks, the small fish that need to work to live and thought that stock was a good way to actually save), all old people whose pension funds are largely BlackBerry stock, and last but not least the user base that depends of these devices on a daily basis?

Yeah, compassion is overrated.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-06-13 at 09:17 AM.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and bb624 like this.
    09-06-13 09:05 AM
    Oh, so we should ignore all the people that work there, all the investors (not the big sharks, the small fish that need to work to live and thought that stock was a good way to actually save), all old people whose pension funds are largely BlackBerry stock, and last but not least the user base that depends of these devices on a daily basis?

Yeah, compassion is overrated.

��
    Diego!!!!! What samba will you contribute to the thread!?!

Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    09-06-13 09:12 AM
    You know Frenchman, after listening to the last late night podcast, I found myself evaluating the scenario of being forced out of BlackBerry.

I'm sure all other platforms out there would do. I have a Galaxy S3 Mini here. It can do all I need. I just can't feel compelled to use it. BlackBerry, as you stated, isn't a brand. It's an experience, it's a lifestyle.

I have played with all other platforms out there but... this is the one I feel compelled to. I am always in "round robin" mode. I don't badmouth iOS and Android. I just don't want to use them. People can't say this is a fanboy's attitude because I acknowledge when other platforms have an edge. It's the UI, lack of gestures, multitasking or whatever. I just can't feel like moving. Sure, Android 4.x looks far better than when I was introduced to it back on Froyo. iOS has the apps (even some I'd personally want to get). WP is cool and interesting. I miss Palm ( ).

But I can't let go of my Z10. And do you know what? My closest friends now have my old devices. They are starting to understand why.

EDIT: I can't samba Lil... And I'm very bad at soccer too! lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-06-13 at 09:41 AM.
    09-06-13 09:15 AM
    In reply to "it's just a phoneguy"
    My Z10 is NOT just a phone- it is many tools I rely on daily.
    To me it is
    1. a PHONE
    2. my camera
    3. my video camera
    4. the appointment book for my business
    5. my daily reminders that keep me on track- since I can tend to be forgetful when busy
    6. my internet at my fingertips
    7. my grocery list (yeah-the forgetful thing again)
    8. my watch
    9. my alarm clock
    10. my email delivery
    and those are just a few of the things I use many times EVERYDAY..and I am probably leaving some out---the forgetful thing rears it's head once again.

So MY Z10 is NOT just a phone-thank you very much.
    09-06-13 09:18 AM
    Good good Maddie but where's your noisy contribution??????

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:26 AM
    This was me back when the Z10 was announced.

This was me after getting the Z10.

Actually, that's still me.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:27 AM
    Here's mine...We certainly are and can be the champions of BlackBerry!

Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    09-06-13 09:39 AM
    In reply to "it's just a phoneguy"
    My Z10 is NOT just a phone- it is many tools I rely on daily.
    To me it is
    1. a PHONE
    2. my camera
    3. my video camera
    4. the appointment book for my business
    5. my daily reminders that keep me on track- since I can tend to be forgetful when busy
    6. my internet at my fingertips
    7. my grocery list (yeah-the forgetful thing again)
    8. my watch
    9. my alarm clock
    10. my email delivery
    and those are just a few of the things I use many times EVERYDAY..and I am probably leaving some out---the forgetful thing rears it's head once again.

So MY Z10 is NOT just a phone-thank you very much.
    This is it for me as well........It may be just a phone, and yes life will go on with or without BlackBerry, but I have become pretty attached to the little bugger I call my Zed, and well it does all of the above for me quite nicely....so yea, let's make some noise for our favorite TOOL! LOL
    09-06-13 09:41 AM
130 123 ...