Hello everyone. Story time...

So I was bored one day and walked myself over to circuit city to see if there were any good deals going on for a TV. Not the case. It takes me four minutes to walk from my house to the circuit city that literally opened nine months ago. After wandering around the ransacked store I see the light...

I take that back...it was more like an aura... And in front of this aura read a sign that said "Verizon." I whipped out my green enV and looked back up at the sign. Now, I liked my enV. Since I saved cash by not buying a TV i figured i'd (and I stress) have a LOOK.

I walk over to the kiosk inside the store and start playing with random phones. I was sort of an LG fanboy at the time. Today I look at their new line of touch screen devices and want to cry.

My phone, the green enV, served me long and well for an entire year. If I had to count how many times I dropped that sucker i'd get a chart that looked like this.

Times I've dropped it...
    -when I stood up out of my car and forgot it was on my lap: 20-30 times
    -when I fumbled getting it out my pocket: 10-20 times
    -by accidentally kicking it off the mini table at starbucks: 20 times.
    -onto the coffee table in my living when I get off work: unknown (100-150 times)

I told myself right there and then that I didn't deserve a new phone. And then I saw one that looked different from the rest. Is that a cruel joke? did a random iphone find a new home at a verizon kiosk? No, its not the same shape...it has more buttons...wait what does that say? Blackberry? Ohhh the STORM. Yeah I had heard about that. It's beautiful.... I played with it for 3 minutes then took one home.

I recently saw some video about this "CrackBerry" movement. I'm only a twenty year old student. Now I may not get the use that a corporate exec gets out of a blackberry, utilizing every feature. But at the same time i'm not the 15 year old brat that made my mother buy me one so I could walk into ninth grade and make a fashion statement...

Bottom line, i've been up for twenty six hours and i'm losing coherency...I bought my first blackberry this week. The BlackBerry Storm is my sixth phone yet my first BB. I feel I have been missing out for years... I am so hooked I almost want to drop it from third story apartment balcony and watch it shatter just so I can go pick up another one from the store. I am officially addicted to crack. Except this crack hangs out in my pocket and I don't need to pay twenty bucks when I need a fix. To the gadget god, who has always been there for me through the thick and thin. Thank you.

See you guys around..
    Last edited by Nickreich; 01-30-09 at 02:51 AM.
    01-30-09 02:49 AM
    WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION !! CB is where you will find all you need to know about your Storm. Don't be afraid, download apps, OS updates (.90 makes it a new phone), Go crazy - it's all good fun with a bunch of new friends and fellow addits. Enjoy
    01-30-09 03:36 AM
    WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION !! CB is where you will find all you need to know about your Storm. Don't be afraid, download apps, OS updates (.90 makes it a new phone), Go crazy - it's all good fun with a bunch of new friends and fellow addicts. Enjoy
    01-30-09 03:38 AM
    Except this crack hangs out in my pocket and I don't need to pay twenty bucks when I need a fix.
    Except the dealer (Verizon) makes you pay $29.99 a month to be a crackberry addict.

Welcome to Crackberry, and enjoy the experience!
    01-30-09 03:55 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!! It's about time you caught the fever!!! Explore the boards, ask questions, and most of all-HAVE FUN!!!
    01-30-09 05:34 AM
    Welcome to crackberry..we've been expecting you!
    01-30-09 06:20 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry Nickreich! Blackberry will always suck you in and hold you hostage. There are a lot of nice folks here with a lot of information to provide. So grab your BB, and enjoy the ride!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 06:23 AM
    Say goodbye to regular sleeping habits my friend. Welcome to CB!

01-30-09 06:25 AM
    It's a divine addiction.
    01-30-09 06:29 AM
    Say goodbye to regular sleeping habits my friend. Welcome to CB!

Agreed... I used to watch TV when I went to bed... now I'm surfing around this site!
    01-30-09 08:35 AM
    Welcome and kiss your love ones good bye because until they experience a BB phone they will not understand you any longer. But don't fear, plenty of people on this site to be your new family.
    01-30-09 08:47 AM
    Agreed... I used to watch TV when I went to bed... now I'm surfing around this site!
    TV rots the brain anyway. Especially with some of the drivel that can be found on it today.

01-30-09 08:50 AM
    What took you so long to get here! welcome home.
    01-30-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD