I have google sync and I have managed to get gmail working fine on my black berry.

I also have a pop account that I use with outlook express , how Can I sync that account information to check on my black berry? Or do I have to enter in all the pop settings manually into the phone?

I have the software installed, but can't figure out how to get the pop settings synced to the phone, so it will check that account

thanks
    05-23-10 07:36 PM
    What BlackBerry device?
    What carrier?
    05-23-10 08:21 PM
    verizon blackberry storm2
    05-23-10 08:50 PM
    Just go to the Email Settings icon and Log In or Log in to your BIS from a computer.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

Click on "Add" in the Email Settings on the device or click on "Set Up Email" on the BIS.

Click "Other" in the Email Settings and type in your email address and password for the account you want to setup.

Then just follow the prompts. It should detect the POP settings. If it doesn't you will be prompted to enter them.

Just a note that POP email does not "sync". It is Pushed.
    05-23-10 09:05 PM
    Sorry im very lost

I use a pop3 account with my isp, I would like to connect my phone and import those settings and emails from my outlook email. I cant figure out how to get that above website, it just times out,

Do I need a blackberry email address? I just dont get it

Example if I get the phone, and go to other account, it cant figure out the settings and wants me to do it all manually, the pop, smtp, etc

But all the settings are in outlook already, I want to connect the phone, import the settings and be done. I could do with windows mobile no problem

"your account is not accessible via html browser" is what happens when I go to the link and hit create new account, on my cell or pc
    Last edited by SirGodLess; 05-23-10 at 10:19 PM.
    05-23-10 10:03 PM
    That's not how the BlackBerry works. Access to your e-mail accounts is done by the BIS server which then pushes any mail it retrieves to your phone. Because your phone never connects to your e-mail account it would be useless for your phone to have your e-mail account credentials, imported or otherwise.

Go into Outlook Express and pull up the account settings. Except for passwords, they should all be there. Jot them down, then follow Motorcycle Mama's instructions.

Also, BIS only sends new e-mails. Your old existing e-mails won't show up on your BlackBerry unless you forward them to yourself. If you want access to those, a 3rd party application will be needed. Logicmail can handle what you want. LogicMail for BlackBerry Bewere, though. 3rd party mail programs that poll mail servers will eat up battery power pretty quickly. One of the reason the BlackBerrys have the battery life they have is due to the architecture of RIM's push e-mail system.

Sorry im very lost

I use a pop3 account with my isp, I would like to connect my phone and import those settings and emails from my outlook email. I cant figure out how to get that above website, it just times out,

Do I need a blackberry email address? I just dont get it

Example if I get the phone, and go to other account, it cant figure out the settings and wants me to do it all manually, the pop, smtp, etc

But all the settings are in outlook already, I want to connect the phone, import the settings and be done. I could do with windows mobile no problem

"your account is not accessible via html browser" is what happens when I go to the link and hit create new account, on my cell or pc
    05-23-10 11:15 PM
    Ok so how do I get my Road Runner Pop email? , when I go to Email setup, other and enter the settings, it says they are wrong, or not valid.

Later I get an email from bb account to my road runner account telling me the settings, but they dont work?
    05-23-10 11:26 PM
    Read the Road Runner email help page.

Road Runner Help

You will need to log on to your Verizon BIS page as Motorcycle Mama
    previously advised you to add your RR email account using the POP3 settings.

There is also an Email help section on your BIS page that you can read more
    about your issue.

Once you enter the right settings, you will be able to sync new emails to your
    phone.
    05-24-10 01:07 PM
    On the BIS page, after you click to manually enter settings, everything is pretty self-explanatory except the mail server, which should be pop-server.your_area.rr.com, where your_area is whatever letters are in this spot in your email address.
    05-24-10 01:22 PM
    I finally got it to work !! thanks all
    05-24-10 02:55 PM
    I finally got it to work !! thanks all
    I'm very happy to help. Good luck with the blackberry.
    05-24-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD