Who wants to make this as clear as mud?

On your BlackBerry, if you install IM (MSN / Yahoo / AOL) how is one charged? I know, I know, this has been discussed a million times on other forums, but, I need a definitive answer. Some say it's a text, some say it's data. I called T-Mobile, and guess what? They have no idea -

So, what say you?
    03-30-07 11:24 AM
    Who wants to make this as clear as mud?

I called T-Mobile, and guess what? They have no idea -

So, what say you?
    I say - "Was it a two hour call?"

Sorry couldnt resist.
    03-30-07 02:13 PM
    If you use the built-in OZ Messenger that comes on the T-Mobile BB's, then that uses your SMS package. If you use other 3rd party applications like JiveTalk or IM+, that uses your data package. For all 3rd party apps, double check before using that they use actually use your data package.

I'd highly suggest staying away from the OZ Messenger.
    03-30-07 05:16 PM
    ...before I do so which one is better: JiveTalk or IM+?
    03-30-07 05:43 PM
    I really like JiveTalk. It's still in the beta test phase, but they have a great program and are very responsive to answering emails when you have a problem and need support.
    03-30-07 05:49 PM
    So far from what I have seen I have to vote with Kasper. Jivetalk it would be!
    03-30-07 06:10 PM
    JiveTalk is a great free app, and they just recently added a bunch of stuff (got their email today). They made a great IM program even better.
    03-30-07 08:47 PM
    I've already emailed them, and I'm now awaiting a reply.
    03-30-07 08:53 PM
    Definately JiveTalk....Great App, although had issues OTA but the Desktop Loader worked seemlessly and now and a great freebie...
    03-31-07 02:40 PM
    It's nice and was used everyday while my BB was alive.
    03-31-07 03:30 PM
    It's nice and was used everyday while my BB was alive.
    Don't tell me you're 'BB-less' right now
    03-31-07 03:39 PM
    It's alive but since I had another mini-stroke on Thursday and landed on the side of my blackberry, it doesn't respond much anymore to keystrokes. The trackwheel still works so it's being kept around so my wife can answer my calls on it since the last min-stroke left me unable to speak right now.
    03-31-07 06:26 PM
    It's alive but since I had another mini-stroke on Thursday and landed on the side of my blackberry, it doesn't respond much anymore to keystrokes. The trackwheel still works so it's being kept around so my wife can answer my calls on it since the last min-stroke left me unable to speak right now.
    As if being without a BB was the least of your problems. I apologize, audit, for being so trivial about things during this difficult time for you.

I truly do hope you get better soon
    03-31-07 08:56 PM
    No apoligy needed. My Blackberry is the only thing that puts a smile on my face during these low times.
    04-01-07 08:23 AM
    Audit... I truly hope you get to feeling and doing better. We all wish you a speedy recovery!
    04-01-07 02:24 PM
    This is audit's brother. He's going to be off and on over the next week while he recovers from this last attack. It really took him for a major loop this time around. He told me to take his laptop and pawn it so he could afford to get another BB this week but since he needs it for work, that's obviously not going to happen. I'm monitoring all the forums that he belongs to and taking over some moderator positions for him this week as I've done in the past and also monitoring his e-mails and printing off what's important so he can see them and responding to what he wants me to.

If anyone wishes to get ahold of him, let me know.
    04-01-07 04:28 PM
    Wish him well! I hope he gets well very quickly and is back on the forums very soon!
    04-01-07 09:18 PM
    Yeah, baby! I received my email today, installed it, and bam, am up and running...

For my regular chatters, if you use msn IM, send me a PM and I can add you. If you want me too that is - LOL.

Long live unlimited DATA!
    04-02-07 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD