Now the LED doesn't work, it doesn't ring for a call (vibrate still works) and the camera says "Could not start the camera. Close other applictions and try opening the camera again."

I did some damage, didn't i? Any suggestions.. i battery pulled, i SIM pulled and none of it worked.. *sigh*.
    09-09-10 09:25 PM
    Don't know what to say except sorry.
    09-10-10 06:41 AM
    Don't know what to say except sorry.
    Sounds like hardware failure. Sorry bud but it looks like your gonna have to replace your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 07:28 AM
    i honestly think it's a hardware problem..
    can you get it fixed through the warranty? how long did you have the phone?
    09-10-10 08:07 AM
    I would back-up the device while you can, so you have info to transfer, and then use either "BBSAK" or "JLC" to wipe the device and reload its software. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesnt. I work with problems like this all the time and you can never tell what can be brought back and what is just spare parts.
    09-10-10 08:12 AM
    If you have nothing to lose, dropping it on the opposite side may jangle stuff back into place. Saw a post from someone else that cured their bb this way.

09-10-10 03:08 PM
    It sounds like its a hardware problem, but it wouldn't hurt to maybe reload the OS and wipe the phone completely using BBSAK. Its worth a shot.
    09-10-10 03:35 PM
    Good suggestions.. i'll give those a shot.. thanks everyone..
    09-10-10 04:51 PM
    Okay, i thought i'd come back for an update.. mostly because of how funny this is..

No software manipulation was helping me.. and i was running out of hope.. so i started to look up used models on ebay.. and then it happened.. i dropped it again (i mean really now.. again?) and damn if almost all of the lost features didn't start working again.. BUT.. not only that.. i got a mysterious new one!

I'm not kidding.. for some reason.. whenever i put the bb in the charging pod, it "bloops". It bloops when i take it out, and happily chimes when done rebooting.

It has NEVER done this before.. caught me off guard the first time.. weird, right?

Oh, the camera still doesn't work.. but I'm getting a work 9700 (and a case!) in a month, so i can wait until then to get my camera back.. now i just have to resign myself to not being able to update things myself since IT will have that thing locked down like crazy.. no OS6 for me!

Anyway.. thanks everyone.. i've got a working phone and blinky lights.. i'm happy =)
    09-19-10 12:09 AM
    Okay, i thought i'd come back for an update.. mostly because of how funny this is..

No software manipulation was helping me.. and i was running out of hope.. so i started to look up used models on ebay.. and then it happened.. i dropped it again (i mean really now.. again?) and damn if almost all of the lost features didn't start working again.. BUT.. not only that.. i got a mysterious new one!

I'm not kidding.. for some reason.. whenever i put the bb in the charging pod, it "bloops". It bloops when i take it out, and happily chimes when done rebooting.

It has NEVER done this before.. caught me off guard the first time.. weird, right?

Oh, the camera still doesn't work.. but I'm getting a work 9700 (and a case!) in a month, so i can wait until then to get my camera back.. now i just have to resign myself to not being able to update things myself since IT will have that thing locked down like crazy.. no OS6 for me!

Anyway.. thanks everyone.. i've got a working phone and blinky lights.. i'm happy =)
    Hi kelli, I'm the one that told you to drop it again! If you push on the camera lens with a Q-tip it may click and re seat itself and cure your last problem.

Last edited by albee 1; 09-19-10 at 09:44 AM.
    09-19-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD