ok, i never thought a berry is so different from normal smartphones...

1) i got a used 8707 and the guy set a keylock, well the password is correct, but now i wana disable the keylock but i cant seem to find an option to do so...when i go to security option, there's no option to change the 'enabled' to 'disabled', and i noticed there's a padlock sign next to it...shd i be un-locking it frm desktop instead?

2) i click on 'address book' and it shows 'no addresses' but when i click further under options it shows there are 400 entries...which i cant see.....am'i missing something here, how do i retrieve those 40 entries?

3) lastly a small matter...but still irks me, when i type an sms ..say 3 lines long, then i decided to add something in between, how do i do that? when i scroll back the cursor goes to the beginning n when i scroll forward, it goes to the end of the sms....so if i wana add a word in between do i have to erase the last part of the sms, type in my missing word...then repeat what i had typed earlier?

any kind souls can help?
    09-09-08 09:41 AM
    i can only answer #3. u just have to scroll slower and then when u get the part where u want to insert the new text click the trackball or the wheel(i think thats what the 87xxs have right?) and begin typing. u don't have to delete the last part of the SMS.
    09-09-08 10:13 AM
    wow...kind sexy lady? haha...ok i got answer to #1....so 2 down 1 to go....i still cant disable the keylock.....oh and i've a new query:

4) as i got my set used, it didnt come with any software or manual...so i need to download the desktop manager frm berry's website...question is...there are so many version...which 1 shd i download? latest 4.6? or smthing meant for the 8700 series? and can i d/l the OS4.5 or shd am'i limited to the 4.2.2? thanks in advance guys!
    09-09-08 10:36 AM
    1) i got a used 8707 and the guy set a keylock, well the password is correct, but now i wana disable the keylock but i cant seem to find an option to do so...when i go to security option, there's no option to change the 'enabled' to 'disabled', and i noticed there's a padlock sign next to it...shd i be un-locking it frm desktop instead?
    any kind souls can help?
    The padlock means you have a BES installed policy on the phone.

That makes sense, that is not a consumer model and is only used on corporate BES hosted sites.

Check the How To forum for advise on removing an IT policy.
    09-09-08 11:06 AM
    ....tahnks a million....u even knew wat the padlock means....haha....ok im set to gooo...oh...another thing, im still awaiting activation of my BIS, so what do i need to do? just wait? will i received any sort of sms setting etc ? do i need to switch off n on again once activated?
    09-09-08 11:39 AM
    I got my BIS account activation almost instantly, but that may have just been good timing.

For confirmation, have you used the setup wizard and followed the setup prompts?
    09-09-08 02:15 PM
    ok, settled the earlier concern....now i've new problems...i've been missing alottt of calls for the past 2 days, seems that data is getting priority over calls & sms, whenever there are data coming in or when im using data (msn/browser), calls are not coming through, is there an option for me to select calls as priority over data? becos my calls are far more important than my emails/other data usage.

2ndly, lately i've had difficulty sending out sms, receiving no problem so i doubt its the memory issue? i've checked my memory status and its hovering ard 18,000k +...is that ok? the sms sending status (2 opposing arrows on the top right hand corner of the display) is stuck without any movement. So far 4/5 outbound sms did nto go thru....whats wrong???!!
    09-11-08 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD