Have been a long time sprint customer and just had a blckberry for about a month and lost my 8530 bb last night. Have no insurance on it so must buy a new one. Loved my first blackberry 8530 but now that i need a new one which bb is the best? Tour-Storm-Curve help me out have to get one by tomorrow.
    03-07-10 01:21 PM
    Buy an unlocked phone from Amazon. They have some good deals going on.
    03-07-10 01:23 PM
    Buy an unlocked phone from Amazon. They have some good deals going on.
    An unlocked phone wont do him any good as he is on Sprint.
    03-07-10 01:25 PM
    You will pay full price for any of those if you go to the Sprint store.

You might be able to find a Sprint BlackBerry for sale on Craigslist. Then you should arrange to meet the seller at the Sprint store so they can check the MEID and make sure it is clean and can be activated.
    03-07-10 01:25 PM
    If you're asking which phone you should get, no one can answer that but you. Do you like the touchpad ? Or the trackball? Or do you like touch screens? Get the one that you like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 01:54 PM
    Well, if you're looking to switch carries, why don't you just cancel your service (around $175?). Then, you can probably get any blackberry you want for cheap with a new two year contract. I know Walmart.com's mobile site has amazing deals on cheap high end devices. If not, you could just get one on Craigslist or eBay and activate it on your Sprint line.
    03-07-10 02:08 PM
    Well, if you're looking to switch carries, why don't you just cancel your service (around $175?). Then, you can probably get any blackberry you want for cheap with a new two year contract. I know Walmart.com's mobile site has amazing deals on cheap high end devices. If not, you could just get one on Craigslist or eBay and activate it on your Sprint line.
    +1
    Sounds like a good plan if he does want to get away from Sprint.
    03-07-10 04:21 PM
    you wanting advice on the best bb or the best way to buy one to replace the lost one?

03-07-10 04:52 PM
    This is a great idea. Pay the fee to get away from sprint and go to Verizon and get whatever you want. It would cost less and he would be with a much better provider....that's a win, win right there.

03-07-10 06:43 PM
    Check RadioShack's online listings. They have some amazing deals listed like a new 9700 for existing ATT users. I cannot comment on exactly what they had for Sprint but they had some serious goodness for ATT.

03-07-10 07:15 PM
    This is a great idea. Pay the fee to get away from sprint and go to Verizon and get whatever you want. It would cost less and he would be with a much better provider....that's a win, win right there.

Cost less for what? Verizon is expensive in every sense of the word. He would spend less now, but in the long run he would have paid twice as much.

To the OP, just try to get another BB from Craigslist or similar. Your two options right now are the 8530 or the 9630.
    03-08-10 12:15 AM
    See if you can pay the ETF without losing your phone number because if you do that they may drop your phone number.
    03-08-10 12:56 AM
    Thanks everyone got another 8530 bb from sprint. because i was a 10yr customer they had some pitty and gave be a real deal another new 8530 for $100 way cool wont talk bad about sprint for a while lol.
    03-08-10 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD