i really don't understand how a global company can make so many mistakes in one year.

i really love BlackBerry (since 2008/9). i went from an 8520 to a 9700 to a 9900 and now lovely Z10.

it's been such a sour weekend: bad financial news, awful BBM multi/cross launch.

can't the main shareholders call an emergency meeting and ask the heads to answer questions?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:44 PM
    I feel the same way. But I have given them the benefit of th doubt so many times now. At some point they have to start helping themselves out. I mean it's a comedy of errors at this point.

Posted via SEGA master system
    09-21-13 07:46 PM
    i really don't understand how a global company can make so many mistakes in one year.

i really love BlackBerry (since 2008/9). i went from an 8520 to a 9700 to a 9900 and now lovely Z10.

it's been such a sour weekend: bad financial news, awful BBM multi/cross launch.

can't the main shareholders call an emergency meeting and ask the heads to answer questions?

Posted via CB10
    well the leaked filed caused the problems, so idk..
    09-21-13 07:46 PM
    i still have love for the company but not it's heads.

it's like a certain artist music but the artist as a person.

i was pitching this weekend on my Facebook so hard, makes me feel like i've been lying.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:48 PM
    Relax it's not the end of the world.

I do agree, there should be a meeting of shareholders to get answers why $1 billion in inventory has been written down after just eight months

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:49 PM
    i still have love for the company but not it's heads.

it's like a certain artist music but the artist as a person.

i was pitching this weekend on my Facebook so hard, makes me feel like i've been lying.

Posted via CB10
    Understand that it still wasn't fully their fault a leak can not be anticipated, servers wasn't ready for it

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-21-13 07:50 PM
    They were going to roll it out bits by bits and due too those leaks, the servers got a lot more traffic than BlackBerry has expected and the servers could actually handle.

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    09-21-13 07:52 PM
    Over a million installs of the leak.

That's not bad news..
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-21-13 07:54 PM
    i'm relaxed. i'm just a big fan. i feel bad for the BlackBerry employees. so much work and effort.

but I'm optimistic and a realist.

it's like we say: hay buscarle algo bueno a todo lo malo. debemos aprender de nuestros errores para triunfar.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:55 PM
    Over a million installs of the leak.

That's not bad news..
    No, I don't think it was a million leak installs, but a little over a million installs total including the leak and all of the countries the IOS version was rolled out to before they stopped the roll outs, they said within 8 hours.

The release of BBM for Android was suppose to be 7am this morning, so I don't know how the leaks could affect the roll-out so early in the process. 1 million is not a lot for a server to handle and they said that was thee total within 8 hours, therefore at 7am, there was significantly less traffic.

I'm not sure what to think about that total number, given that India and a few other countries in Asia got the IOS download and those areas, along with Africa and the Middle East are BB's strongest BBM markets. They still have a long way to go to be successful as far as NEW ACTIVE accounts, vs old users who are just switching platforms or devices. Maybe the numbers in those areas will be bigger when the Android version is released.
    09-21-13 08:10 PM
    Understand that it still wasn't fully their fault a leak can not be anticipated, servers wasn't ready for it

Posted via CB10
    It's never their fault, is it?
    09-21-13 08:14 PM
    Welcome to the club.
    09-21-13 08:22 PM
    good thing is that the launch was ser for two days. It's Saturday 7:28pm, still time to get things done.

and hopefully i don't come out like a liar on monday.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 08:28 PM
    meh im chatting to some iphone friends right now on bbm. at least the service works for those who got it.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-21-13 08:29 PM
    They were going to roll it out bits by bits and due too those leaks, the servers got a lot more traffic than BlackBerry has expected and the servers could actually handle.

Posted via CB10
    You have to wonder if they are able to catch up with whatsapp and have 200 million users all messaging at once, what's that gonna do to the servers? I am not buying the bs about the leak causing problems. I think it's something more so on their end, that they missed. How convenient to blame it on the leaked apk.

Why pull it from the app store if it was just an Andriod issue? Why take away from iOS users?

Blackberry dropped the ball again and for them to blame this leak is ridiculous smh.

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    09-21-13 08:36 PM
    Never is! It's only a 1 billion loss in 3 months. Thorsten totally has this!
    09-21-13 08:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    An emergency meeting? What good will that do? Ask Thorsten and them what went wrong? They will be answering a lot of questions during their earnings call from the media, where they will no doubt be asked what went wrong. I'll bet right now, they're crafting an answer for that question, which they probably were not expecting.

A better use of time would to be working all night and into tomorrow to get BBM up and running. There is clearly a lot of interest in BBM. Its twitter account has over 121,000 followers, many of which followed in the last few days. WhatsApp's has 825,000, and they have been active since May 2009.

I'm disappointed that everything didn't go smoothly, but if anyone is feeling the pressure right now, it's the BBM team. I don't think it's an understatement to say that they've got people all over the world waiting for them to get it together. BlackBerry needs this to be successful.
    09-21-13 08:39 PM
    No, I don't think it was a million leak installs, but a little over a million installs total including the leak and all of the countries the IOS version was rolled out to before they stopped the roll outs, they said within 8 hours. ..
    Here's what the article says..

"Prior to launching BBM for Android, an unreleased version of the BBM for Android app was posted online. The interest and enthusiasm we have seen already ? more than 1.1 million active users in the first 8 hours without even launching the official Android app"

I think that means over a million installs of the leak, no?
    09-21-13 09:14 PM
    No, I don't think it was a million leak installs, but a little over a million installs total including the leak and all of the countries the IOS version was rolled out to before they stopped the roll outs, they said within 8 hours. ..
    Here's what the article says..

"Prior to launching BBM for Android, an unreleased version of the BBM for Android app was posted online. The interest and enthusiasm we have seen already ? more than 1.1 million active users in the first 8 hours without even launching the official Android app"

I think that means over a million installs of the leak, no?
    09-21-13 09:36 PM
    I could turn that around and say "it's always their fault, isn't it?"

What's the difference we all have our ways of seeing things.

As for the servers not being able to handle millions of users chatting that's a different story and remains to be seen. The server that handles BBIDs may have been the problem. Some BlackBerry users were complaining of Authentication issues with BlackBerry World downloads. Same server. Out of the 1M users who loaded the leak how many were making a new BBID? I think that was the real issue there. Besides they rolled it out by region to keep a handle on the number of people downloading (Apple + Google servers) and signing up (BlackBerry servers) at the same time.
    09-21-13 09:52 PM
    Me too. And it's not just bbm so you can't make excuses for the release it's everything leading up to this point. I just want them to pull their head out their *** and start doing better. I love BlackBerry and won't give up my Q10 but it's frustrating for everyone because we all want them to succeed and shove it up the doubters asses

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-21-13 09:57 PM
    Worst managed company ever
    chern likes this.
    09-21-13 09:58 PM

Posted via CB10

Stop crying.
    09-21-13 10:02 PM
    Worst managed company ever
    I'd say Chrysler, Enron, Washington Mutual, Polaroid, Pan-Am, GM, Kodak, Fanny, Freddy, etc... are ALL WORSE!
    Blinders on much?
    09-21-13 10:36 PM