Is anyone having issues with BlackBerry Messenger lately?

It will not display the avatars of my contacts, nor will it allow me to do a remote bakcup. When I try to do a remote backup or restore it takes me to a screen that displays "Checking email status..." It sits there and does absolutely nothing. I've had this problem for a few days now.

I did some searching here on CrackBerry. I found where others were having the same issue, but all of the posts and comments were all dated back to November of 2009. I couldn't find anyone experiencing such issues as of late.

Are You Having Problems With Your BlackBerry Messenger Remote Back Up And Avatars?!? | CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=367780

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=357911
    Last edited by cdf3; 07-27-10 at 11:26 PM.
    07-27-10 11:12 PM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled BBM. Trying to register my Email so that I can backup and restore contacts. It's stuck on "Requesting User Profile".
    07-27-10 11:49 PM
    mine failed today, having to redo my contact list. I haven't tried again yet, figured I would try again tomorrow...prob. verizon crap, or BB server issue.. just wanted to let ya know u are not alone buddy..
    07-28-10 12:08 AM
    mine failed today, having to redo my contact list. I haven't tried again yet, figured I would try again tomorrow...prob. verizon crap, or BB server issue.. just wanted to let ya know u are not alone buddy..
    For a minute there I was thinking I was the only one since no one else was reporting the issue it seemed. I wiped my device and reloaded the OS. Still the same issue with BBM. Now I have to go through the process of restoring all of my 3rd party apps. I don't have to download them again because I did a backup, but I do have to go through the process of registering them and going through the options and settings of each app.
    Hope they get this issue with BBM resolved soon.
    07-28-10 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD