We need a LOL button!! hahahahahha
    06-07-12 06:08 PM
    I think some do it when they find threads that cover their issue.. but are older. Instead of trying to bump it, they think a new thread will get more views. No? Maybe? Idk
    06-08-12 11:14 AM
    I think some do it when they find threads that cover their issue.. but are older. Instead of trying to bump it, they think a new thread will get more views. No? Maybe? Idk
    Another good point and if they do then they get the business for bringing up an old thread.
    06-08-12 11:55 AM
    So is search that broken? Do we just like to have our own thread? Does it make us feel special? On certain subjects does crackberry need popups when we visit like "no OS7 phones will not get BB10" "Yes the playbook will get BB10" as much as I dislike popups?

What's up around here?
    I know i'm late but the thread title made me laugh! I had to hit the like button!!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-12 12:40 PM
    Is it ironic that this thread is now at six pages?????
    06-08-12 01:21 PM
    Lol. I guess searching is too much work for people to do nowadays.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 01:50 PM
    So is search that broken?
    Just for reference, I've never liked the CB search function and actually think it's sort of hard to use and not particularly helpful. I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but previously I found it frustrating enough that I started the following thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/site-qu...rectly-557893/

Since then I've gotten slightly more adept at finding meaningful results with the search box, but I still don't know why Searching yields different results than starting a new thread title to see what other thread title suggestions pop up as options (which for me is the best way to see if similar thread topics already exist, then I just delete my new thread title if there's something already posted).

Just my 2c, and sorry for trying to bring the thread back toward anything meaningful. Now it can get back to its multi-page meandering .
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-12 04:40 PM
    This stuff is FUNNY!!! if I can get past the purple haze, and the sp cops, and vicious mods, not to mention the rockers.....and anyways...what's love got to do with it? Middle aged pre senile (I hope) rambling
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-12 03:37 AM
    i always use Advanced Search and select to show posts. This way, I get to see if the search terms show up in any individual posts.

This is very useful since the answer to my question offten appears deep in a thread that change topic mid-thread.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 01:29 PM
    ^^^^^^ great tip.
    06-09-12 01:32 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD