My co-workers are awesome and we play jokes on each other all the time. We have frosted-glass doors on our offices, so when we're going to be out-of-office we often write a message on the door in dry-erase and include our mobile number. When I do this I always make sure to prefix my mobile number with "BlackBerry:" instead of "Mobile:" or "Cell:".

I've been away for a few days and when I came back someone had put an arrow beside "BlackBerry:" with the comment: "Really?"

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for a clever meme or comeback that I could respond with? I'm okay with it being self-deprecating too...

Possibly relevant: I'm currently enjoying using the KeyOne.

I'm getting heckled at work for having a BlackBerry. How should I respond?-blackberry_heckle.jpg
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-10-18 11:22 AM
    I would respond with a dry, yes really. And if they persisted would ask if they knew anything about current Blackberrys that informed their opinion, or were they just letting others think for them.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-18 11:24 AM
    Really? Yes, really. SOME of us have WORK to do! Lol. Depends on rapport with your coworkers, tho. Lol. Blackberries still dominate my workplace. More likely to get a "really?" for using a Samsung, around here. Lol.
    qwerty4ever, Carjackd and grimlin like this.
    04-10-18 12:46 PM
    put ' PKB > VKB Yes Really! '
    or 'Keyboard Shortcut God.. Yes Really!'
    04-10-18 01:56 PM
    "Yeah, well, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"
    04-10-18 02:01 PM
    Hmmmmm ... I vote for some sort of remark indicating that only geniuses have BBs, since both you and I have one. Not sure how you would word that, exactly.

It's either that or bear traps in front of the door, but that sort of thing has become politically inappropriate ...
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    04-10-18 02:09 PM
    "Yeah, well, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"
    Wow.
    Just "wow".
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-10-18 02:21 PM
    Best way to respond is to buy a Google Pixel 1 or 2 XL, the best and most secure Android smartphones.
    dp34rman and jope28 like this.
    04-10-18 05:36 PM
    You can always keep it simple and write "Google: KEYone"
    04-10-18 05:42 PM
    Just tell them that while they move their cell phones between outlets, you can actually be mobile while you work with a BlackBerry
    dp34rman and ppeters914 like this.
    04-10-18 06:03 PM
    erase the ?! and add: really to read : really really. Or add secure : really secure , or really awesome etc.
    04-10-18 10:28 PM
    erase the ?! and add: really to read : really really. Or add secure : really secure , or really awesome etc.
    Love this!
    skinnymike1 and dp34rman like this.
    04-10-18 11:39 PM
    Was & still is better than Crapples...Berries FTW!

Sign off with your BBM Custom Pin lol
    dp34rman likes this.
    04-11-18 02:51 AM
    Or, you could just get over being a shill and write “cell” or “mobile.” Does anybody else write the brand of their phone?
    04-11-18 06:23 AM
    Or, you could just get over being a shill and write “cell” or “mobile.” Does anybody else write the brand of their phone?
    Lol yes. Almost asking for it.
    jaydee5799, dp34rman and Bbnivende like this.
    04-11-18 07:29 AM
    i get heckled all the time by friends and family. most people hear blackberry and still think of bbos days. once i show them 1. its android and 2. the keyboard shortcuts and gestures, they understand why i have it.
    dp34rman likes this.
    04-11-18 07:44 AM
    say "I BBM'd you an amazing comeback"
    dp34rman, ppeters914, Nels and 1 others like this.
    04-11-18 07:48 AM
    However you do respond, at least you can do so @50WPM on your PKB...
    dp34rman and qwerty4ever like this.
    04-11-18 08:20 AM
    Throwing your chair through the door would get their attention.
    04-11-18 08:44 AM
    Always amuses me that people who type more slowly and less accurately than me berate the phone that allows me to do it. Their loss, not mine.
    skinnymike1 and dp34rman like this.
    04-11-18 09:19 AM
    All: Thanks for your replies. Gave me some good ideas...

@Elephant_Canyon, @Emaderton3, etc...

I'm not trying to start a war, but definitely looking to provoke some banter with the co-workers, which is admittedly juvenile of me... I guess heckle wasn't the right word; it's friendlier than that.

Also, I realize now from your post, that without the proper context, I could come across as being abnoxious with my "BlackBerry:". Might be some others in my office that might look at it that way, so I may have to rethink this.

Finally, as for being a shill, I don't know if that's the right word either... Being a shill implies a fake enthusiasm for the purposes of promoting something. I'm not looking to convert anyone, I just genuinely like my phone.
    04-11-18 09:44 AM
    Burn the building down. Only option I see.

/s
    04-11-18 09:56 AM
    My co-workers are awesome and we play jokes on each other all the time. We have frosted-glass doors on our offices, so when we're going to be out-of-office we often write a message on the door in dry-erase and include our mobile number. When I do this I always make sure to prefix my mobile number with "BlackBerry:" instead of "Mobile:" or "Cell:".

I've been away for a few days and when I came back someone had put an arrow beside "BlackBerry:" with the comment: "Really?"

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for a clever meme or comeback that I could respond with? I'm okay with it being self-deprecating too...

Possibly relevant: I'm currently enjoying using the KeyOne.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry_heckle.jpg 
Views:	1079 
Size:	425.7 KB 
ID:	435504
    If I saw someone put "iPhone" in place of cell or mobile on their signature, I would think it a little silly too. Wouldn't you?
    DenverRalphy and dp34rman like this.
    04-11-18 10:04 AM
    @cribble2k My wife has a Google Pixel 2 and it's an awesome phone. Not having a physical keyboard is a deal breaker for me.
    04-11-18 10:08 AM
    If I saw someone put "iPhone" in place of cell or mobile on their signature, I would think it a little silly too. Wouldn't you?
    I get it. See my reply to this above (post 21)
    Last edited by dp34rman; 04-11-18 at 10:20 AM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-11-18 10:10 AM
131 123 ...