12-14-10 03:16 PM
76 123 ...
tools
    Since there are a lot of threads bashing RIM and others wishing their BB was like other devices, I thought I'd make one for those of us who are simply content and happy with their BB, and maybe why that is the case. No arguments here, just stating our opinions on our own experiences.

I'm content with my BB because it simply does what I need it to do. I can get email right away, I can check the web when I need to, I can update my Twitter from my BB, I can back up all of my Word Docs on to it and even edit them, I can read Scripture with my YouVersion app, it holds the charge for the entire day most of the time, I can use GPS to find things/places around me when on the road, I can play my music, take pics, I can stay on top of the weather, play the radio, etc, etc, etc.

I know, blah, blah, blah right? But honestly, I have no reason to move away from BB. Sure there are flashier devices out there with more apps, functions, and eye appeeal, but my teen days are over. I simply like efficiency and reliability and BB takes care of that. I don't watch movies, play games, or play around on Facebook, although I know those are a big deal to some.

But, if/when Verizon comes out with another BB and my Storm starts acting up, I will upgrade and be very happy.
    12-12-10 06:55 PM
    Don't quote me, but I believe there is already a thread like this. I'll try to find it.
    12-12-10 07:11 PM
    I prefer a stable phone with an exceptional battery life to a multimedia phone that freezes on a regular basis and is at the brink of death every night.

I switched from an iPhone to a BlackBerry, and I'm very happy with my decision.
    12-12-10 07:29 PM
    Not just content but I love my Torch! For the same reasons listed above..it does what I want and need it to do.
    12-12-10 07:36 PM
    I'm content with my BB Bold because as stated above, I didn't buy an MP3 / Portable TV / GameBoy

I bought a smart phone to make calls, receive email and browse the mobile web.

Add the fact that I've never had a phone with form factor which I enjoyed more and you have all the reasons I'm still on BlackBerry.

Only phone I might consider parting my Blacked out Bold for is a 9800 when the 9000 finally gives up.

BlackBerry FTW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 07:41 PM
    I'm trying to figure out all the hype. I have an itouch and I've spent several hours with an Evo, a Samsung Transform and the Incredible. I've used the browsers and every website I visit is just as good on the Blackberry as it was on any of those. I guess I visit the wrong websites? But what I love about my Blackberry is I can visit all those sites and still have a battery left over to make calls, because ya know, it IS a phone.

12-12-10 07:44 PM
    Loved/love every one of my BB's, for the simple fact they do what I need it them to do and are super reliable. I don't need all the flash of some of the other devices on the market.
    12-12-10 07:50 PM
    Like the thread idea, I'm also more than content with BB. Don't want a phone with only a touch keyboard, and since a couple of my other buddies recently got BB's we can group BBM chat which is sweet.
    12-12-10 08:01 PM
    My Torch does its job and does it well. Bells and whistles do not move me the way steady functionality does. Messaging, surfing, and calling are accomplished easily with BB. What more should one ask?

12-12-10 08:06 PM
    The BB is basically a handheld computer,while the idrone and other"smart"phones are phones with apps.

pkcable likes this.
    12-12-10 08:10 PM
    The BB is basically a handheld computer,while the idrone and other"smart"phones are phones with apps.

^^^you couldn't be more wrong
    howarmat likes this.
    12-12-10 10:19 PM
    I love my phone and I really like the simplistic games on the phone too, unlike most others. It sounds great as an mp3 player, and although it is only a 3.2 mp camera it still snaps some good pics.

Give me Copter and FallDown and I can jam on those for hours.

Call quality is the best I've had of any phone. Second to my Bold, was my 3GS I've had. Both great, but my Bold sounds a bit crisper.

12-12-10 10:45 PM
    ^^^you couldn't be more wrong
    XD I agree, but I think I understand what stack was trying to say.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were trying to sat that iOS and Android devices need 3rd party apps to do things, while BlackBerry devices do (some) of those things out of the box?

If so, I kind of agree but mostly disagree.
    Last edited by CASH; 12-12-10 at 10:48 PM.
    12-12-10 10:45 PM
    Good post! I have no urge to jump ship and move away from BBs....my Torch is all I need...well @ least until the Torch2(or next big BB on at&t) comes out lol
    12-12-10 11:45 PM
    BTW, you shouldnt be CONTENT with your device. You should be much more than that. if you are always content then nothing will ever get better
    12-12-10 11:49 PM
    BTW, you shouldnt be CONTENT with your device. You should be much more than that. if you are always content then nothing will ever get better
    That's a very general, and completely incorrect statement.
    There are many reasons things get better. BB owners being content with their devices will not halt improvement.
    12-13-10 12:27 AM
    BTW, I've been content with my BB devices.
    I tried iphone 3GS, didn't care for it all that much.
    The thing I like best about the BB is the call quality. (especially compared to the iphone) and that's a good feature to have in smartphone
    12-13-10 12:33 AM
    I am happy with my 9650, I like it a lot better since puting OS6 on it.

12-13-10 12:48 AM
    This is actually my first smart phone, Im content with recieving emails... and the new housing i got for it. Other than that i find my curve really slow.
    12-13-10 01:57 AM
    Am content about the 9700 I have, as it does exactly what I want it to do.

12-13-10 04:37 AM
    i am contented on my 9700 running with latest OS6 leaked version.. and with apps that helping/guiding me on my work and daily life.
    12-13-10 04:42 AM
    Happy happy happy

12-13-10 05:21 AM
    I'm perfectly happy to be on a BB. Reception in the low signal area where I live is as good or better than the Motorola I had previously.

I use my 8530 for calls, internet, email & texting (love the spell check), and watching videos. Does it all quite nicely as far as I'm concerned.

I really like the fact that I don't have to rotate the phone all the time to do different tasks. I can quickly switch from watching a movie to replying to a text and back to the movie all with one hand.

If the Curve is considered slow than I would really like to try out a Bold because I have no complaints where speed is concerned.

12-13-10 07:30 AM
    I've had my 9330 for two weeks and absolutely love it. Its nice being able to do so much on such a compact device that doesn't look like a cartoon.

12-13-10 07:55 AM
    9330 is a good model
    12-13-10 09:47 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD