it's better to have a dedicated camera/satnav/netbook/laptop for other things. No matter how good an android device will be it still doesn't replace a laptop, optic zoom camera or a good satnav on the dashboard not to mention a game console. So what's the point?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You make an excellent point, except for the fact that I have trouble fitting all of those things in my pocket.
    12-14-10 05:39 AM
    How predictable....one thread from happy BB users commenting on their satisfaction with their devices and the 11th post comes from a BB hater. Just can't leave us be, can you?!? Same as it ever was...
    I'm extremely happy with my Bberry....I'm abroad, using it with no problem, no reception or battery issues....
    I don't buy another phone because I don't WANT another phone. If I'm stuck at an airport I either connect with friends and family or do something revolutionary like read a newspaper or book.
    Haters' need to waste their lives playing games does not apply to me. Here it goes - my phone DOES what I WANT, not what some immature wank3r wants to do.

OK - out for lunch and shoppies. And to show my kidlets my old school!!!

12-14-10 05:43 AM
    How predictable....one thread from happy BB users commenting on their satisfaction with their devices and the 11th post comes from a BB hater.
    Did you actually read post #10? The 11th post was a response to that nonsense.
    12-14-10 05:49 AM
    You make an excellent point, except for the fact that I have trouble fitting all of those things in my pocket.
    Well, you have a glove compartment for your satnav and a laptop bag for your laptop, your pockets are already full of spare batteries

12-14-10 05:53 AM
    Recently upgraded and lovin' my new Torch. After using a number of Windows Mobile, Andriod and Symbian based phone I decided to give a Blackberry 9000 try and I've never looked back. Some of the features that stand out for me is the push notifications, multi-tasking with ease and as previous posters have mentioned excellent battery life. Something that is often a major issue for other phone users.

I also like the ability to customise the phone to the way I like it, unlike the strangle hold that Apple has on iPhone users around the layout of the phone.

I find my berry a practical modern communication device that I use daily which isn't so much a toy for me but a tool.
    12-14-10 07:04 AM
    Nice to see so many content BB users. Not sure why you all upgrade your phones, though? My old 8703e does exactly what you all claim to be content with. Email. Internet. Music. Pictures. Almight Brickbreaker. Almighty Messenger. So why'd ya upgrade? Why didn't you stick with your 2006 BB? I must be missing something here. You're content, yet you upgrade for 'better' features? Huh? Like what?
    howarmat and ThaGeNeCySt like this.
    12-14-10 07:15 AM
    You're content, yet you upgrade for 'better' features? Huh? Like what?
    That's one of those questions that make you go, Hmmmmm......
    12-14-10 07:33 AM
    Nice to see so many content BB users. Not sure why you all upgrade your phones, though? My old 8703e does exactly what you all claim to be content with. Email. Internet. Music. Pictures. Almight Brickbreaker. Almighty Messenger. So why'd ya upgrade? Why didn't you stick with your 2006 BB? I must be missing something here. You're content, yet you upgrade for 'better' features? Huh? Like what?
    Lol, in your case 3G, camera, memory card, appworld but that's about it. Most people destroy a phone in 1-2 years tho, you must be a carefull owner Also most of the time it makes more financial sense to upgrade as you end up paying almost just as much monthly if you don't get a new phone. We upgrade, sell the new or old phone or simply give it to somebody else.

12-14-10 07:34 AM
    Is the post a joke?
    12-14-10 07:37 AM
    i have all 3 of my emails instantly pushed to my device. I can add more too. I can get 30-35 on one charge but never need to, you dont really need more than 24 hours charge anyway.
    With that kind of logic you don't need...

recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    send an email attachment with 15 mb of hi res pictures
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot
    voice guidance with google maps
    fm radio
    plot the stars in the sly at night
    play games like need for speed shift with graphics better than a PSP

Is the post a joke?
    I know, right?
    12-14-10 08:50 AM

recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot
    fm radio

I know, right?
    Looks and sounds like a joke lol

12-14-10 09:20 AM
    I feel ya there....i went back to the beloved BB after an iPhone curiosity and I'm in love all over again....
    12-14-10 09:26 AM

recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot
    fm radio
    You mean Blackberry doesn't do these things?
    12-14-10 09:35 AM
    can your 9700

recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot
    fm radio

Until it does, then i dont think your 9700 "anything my phone cant"

thanks for playing though
    Those are mostly media related features. I think most BB users want a phone for more business like features. I think BB and Android both have wonderful platforms in which there is a demand based on the user. We each have our individual needs in a phone so why knock them. I'm so sick of hearing "My Dad is bigger than your Dad or my toy is better than your toy." Good grief, boys. Come on! Technology is constantly changing. Soon, all of our phones will be old and then we will be moving unto the next BB, Android or whatever. ....and the cycle continues.
    Last edited by sweetblackberrymama; 12-14-10 at 09:38 AM.
    12-14-10 09:36 AM
    Im not just content i am happy, and when bb6 rolls out for the bold. I will be even happier.
    12-14-10 09:37 AM
    Im not just content i am happy, and when bb6 rolls out for the bold. I will be even happier.
    After testing OS6 you come to appreciate how efficient OS5 really is, I'm staying on 5

12-14-10 10:28 AM
    "... My Dad is bigger than your Dad..."
    That's what she said!XD
    12-14-10 10:32 AM

recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot
    fm radio

I know, right?
    you are correct we dont! we dont need 75% of what our BB and android and iphones can do. That was not my point.

It was stated that the 9700 can do everything that the 'other' phones could. I was pointing out a few things that the 9700 or pretty much any BB released CAN'T do. If my storm 2 did do all of that then i wouldnt have the need to get an android phone.

Those are mostly media related features. I think most BB users want a phone for more business like features. I think BB and Android both have wonderful platforms in which there is a demand based on the user. We each have our individual needs in a phone so why knock them. I'm so sick of hearing "My Dad is bigger than your Dad or my toy is better than your toy." Good grief, boys. Come on! Technology is constantly changing. Soon, all of our phones will be old and then we will be moving unto the next BB, Android or whatever. ....and the cycle continues.
    but wouldnt it be nice if you can get your business features and all of the listed above to Why cant RIM do that?
    12-14-10 12:27 PM
    you are correct we dont! we dont need 75% of what our BB and android and iphones can do. That was not my point.

It was stated that the 9700 can do everything that the 'other' phones could. I was pointing out a few things that the 9700 or pretty much any BB released CAN'T do. If my storm 2 did do all of that then i wouldnt have the need to get an android phone.
    I understand.

but wouldnt it be nice if you can get your business features and all of the listed above to Why cant RIM do that?
    Damn right!
    12-14-10 12:33 PM
    BTW, you shouldnt be CONTENT with your device. You should be much more than that. if you are always content then nothing will ever get better
    I know this is on the first page, but let me say, I completely disagree! Content means that you don't *want* anything better. I mean, sure, there may be better things, but it means that you're happy with what you've got and you don't care what else is out there. So you're right, nothing will ever get better, but to some, that's totally alright.
    12-14-10 01:09 PM
    recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot
    plot the stars in the sly at night???

These are not things android can do and blackberry can't, these are things android can do better, big difference.

12-14-10 01:17 PM
    I know this is on the first page, but let me say, I completely disagree! Content means that you don't *want* anything better. I mean, sure, there may be better things, but it means that you're happy with what you've got and you don't care what else is out there. So you're right, nothing will ever get better, but to some, that's totally alright.
    Otherwise we'd all drive Ferraris
    Then again, something can be better for some and worse for others, for example I like sms to be simple lines of black letters on white background, others might think it's better to have them in some yellow bubbles on either side of the screen.

12-14-10 01:23 PM
    recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot

These are not things android can do and blackberry can't, these are things android can do better, big difference.

There is no flash player for BlackBerry at this time. The emails are limited to 2.9MB on BIS, else they are truncated.
    12-14-10 01:26 PM
    Like a better screen, faster processor, more memory. I didn't even have a BB when that was out. I started on an 8300, then got an 8310 when my 8300 broke, then got an 8900 because I wanted the higher resolution screen, and then I got a 9300 on a warranty replacement. So I don't want my phone to do anything more than it does, I do (just like with a computer) want it to do what it does better. That's why you would upgrade from the 8703e, not because you want your phone to do more.
    12-14-10 01:31 PM
    recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot

im pretty sure most all of those a BB cant do. the poster above pointed out examples
    12-14-10 01:35 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD