in less than a year using my blackberry 9700, i have to say i am thoroughly pleased with it. it is the best phone i have ever used.
    12-13-10 09:05 AM
    BTW, you shouldnt be CONTENT with your device. You should be much more than that. if you are always content then nothing will ever get better
    I'm going to quote this when I break up with my girl after Christmas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 09:35 AM
    Definitely more than just content with my Torch. My 3rd BB and easily the best.
    12-13-10 09:35 AM
    I'm going to quote this when I break up with my girl after Christmas.

It'd be much cheaper for you if you break up before.
    12-13-10 09:37 AM
    It'd be much cheaper for you if you break up before.
    Considered that. It was the original plan. But turns out she is a little shallow. So ill just buy her some cheap gifts. She will flip out. I will use that quote. Contract terminated. Ill be a free agent for New Years Eve.

12-13-10 09:49 AM
    I love my BB Bold 9650.

And let's go a step further.....I like my 5.x.975 OS!
    12-13-10 09:50 AM
    I like the concept of the new Windoze phone ads. My face does not need to be in my phone all day long. I like that I can get done what I need to get done efficiently and quickly with my Bold. It just does what I need it to do.
    12-13-10 10:42 AM
    My bold 9650 is the best thing since sliced bread!
    12-13-10 10:46 AM
    Having come from a phone that was a phone and barely anything else (including texting) paired with an iPod Touch for games, I must say that my Torch is a definite improvement. While there aren't as many games, I have found that I like all of the ones I've gotten on the Torch more than any of the ones I've gotten on the iPod, and I can do everything else I could on the iPod, plus a bunch more! to me there's no way that I can use a standard qwerty virtual keyboard. If it's a virtual keyboard I need it to be SureType (I need bigger buttons, but I can't stand how far away they are in landscape qwerty [call me spoiled!]), but I can only type properly on the physical keyboard. Also, as a gamer, the Torch has better support for games. For one thing devs can use pretty much any language they want, and for another you've got 3 buttons, a trackpad, and a keyboard that you can consistently use as well as the touchscreen, so you can have 50 or so buttons without either making them impossible to touch or using 2/3 of the screen... All in all the Torch is the best device for my needs, but I do think they could use a tiny bit more work on the media player (just enough to remember where I am when I listen to a lecture, but not have it so that if I accidentally press the mute button it starts playing...)

Sorry for the long post...
    12-13-10 11:05 AM
    I agree with everything, I dont understand the hype with all the other phones where people say they can watch movies, play wicked games, etc.

If you like watching movies than watch it on your tv, if you like to play video games than get a console.

My BB is reliable and has all the things for a phone that needs to be there.

I am happy with my BB, my fouth one and cant be any happier.
    12-13-10 11:46 AM
    I agree with everything, I dont understand the hype with all the other phones where people say they can watch movies, play wicked games, etc.

If you like watching movies than watch it on your tv, if you like to play video games than get a console.

My BB is reliable and has all the things for a phone that needs to be there.

I am happy with my BB, my fouth one and cant be any happier.
    except for when i am at work i for 12 hours on a slow night shift i cant do that. Or how bout a 8 hour plane trip across the pond. There are many situations where having a multimedia phones with great games and movie watching capabilities comes in handy. Ooh and it can send receive email instantly, sms make calls all just fine too
    12-13-10 12:19 PM
    It's simple, if I didn't love my phone I'd switch, I love my blackberry and it does everything I need/want it to do so why change?
    12-13-10 01:25 PM
    I like the concept of the new Windoze phone ads. My face does not need to be in my phone all day long. I like that I can get done what I need to get done efficiently and quickly with my Bold. It just does what I need it to do.
    Exactly. Coming from android to my 1st BB, I love it. It does what I need it to do and has the features that I need in a phone. If I want to watch movies, I go to the theater or watch them on tv. I have a busy schedule. No time to glue my face to my phone. I love my battery life on my BB. My android sucked at battery life. I work in the medical field. Within a few hours of my shift, my battery would be half way depleted using android. My BB can go a day and a half without charging. It's small, handy and has the apps that I need. Love the Medscape app! I also love the Google Sync app which allows me to sync my calendar and contacts to my Google account. Vlingo is cool. Can listen to my emails and text messages while on the run. Not trying to ramble about apps, I just love my phone.
    12-13-10 06:57 PM
    I have had a lot of phones from over the years, from dumbphones to smartphones, of all brands, almost all carriers and hands down the 9700 is the best phone I have ever used, even over my iPhone 3G, Cliq, mytouch and Nexus...some new Andriods do catch my attention, but honestly those phones don't do anything my phone can't...

It really can't...

12-13-10 11:14 PM
    can your 9700

recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    send an email attachment with 15 mb of hi res pictures
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot
    voice guidance with google maps
    fm radio
    plot the stars in the sly at night
    play games like need for speed shift with graphics better than a PSP

Until it does, then i dont think your 9700 "anything my phone cant"

thanks for playing though
    12-13-10 11:55 PM
    can your 9700

recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot
    fm radio

Oh yeah, cuz that's what people that ever bought a blackberry were looking for in their device, need for speed games. Can your android get you 10 email accounts instantly pushed to your device and last you more then 48hrs on a charge? Don't think so, it's all about where your priorities are.
    Enjoy doing all you do with your android at the end of that power cord.

12-14-10 01:52 AM
    Oh yeah, cuz that's what people that ever bought a blackberry were looking for in their device, need for speed games. Can your android get you 10 email accounts instantly pushed to your device and last you more then 48hrs on a charge? Don't think so, it's all about where your priorities are.
    Enjoy doing all you do with your android at the end of that power cord.

i have all 3 of my emails instantly pushed to my device. I can add more too. I can get 30-35 on one charge but never need to, you dont really need more than 24 hours charge anyway.
    12-14-10 01:58 AM
    i have all 3 of my emails instantly pushed to my device. I can add more too. I can get 30-35 on one charge but never need to, you dont really need more than 24 hours charge anyway.
    No you don't, you have them pulled not pushed except gmail. The difference about battery life is this, I can go camping or do anything for 2-3 days without a charger, you can't.

12-14-10 02:06 AM
    No you don't, you have them pulled not pushed except gmail. The difference about battery life is this, I can go camping or do anything for 2-3 days without a charger, you can't.

my exchange, gmail and hotmail are push, they are not pulled. And if i needed to get 2-3 days out in BFE i can easily do that too im sure.
    12-14-10 02:14 AM
    my exchange, gmail and hotmail are push, they are not pulled. And if i needed to get 2-3 days out in BFE i can easily do that too im sure.
    Exchange is not out of the box or free. Anyway, you're kind of intruding don't you think? This thread is for blackberry people to share their love for their devices.

12-14-10 02:19 AM
    what are you talking about? Exchange is not out of the box or free? and you think BES for a company? lmao

my exchange is with work, its free to me. hotmail and gmail are free too obviously but none of that matter at all. I never stated anything about money. I dont know why you even brought that up other than the fact you dont actually have anything good to disprove what I said above.
    12-14-10 02:25 AM
    Brickbreaker > Angry Birds

12-14-10 03:29 AM
    what are you talking about? Exchange is not out of the box or free? and you think BES for a company? lmao

my exchange is with work, its free to me. hotmail and gmail are free too obviously but none of that matter at all. I never stated anything about money. I dont know why you even brought that up other than the fact you dont actually have anything good to disprove what I said above.
    My point is without is without the exchange provided by your company your work email would not be push or instant. With BIS or BES(which you can now have for free for a limited no of users) that same work email and 9 others would be push and instant. Get it now?

12-14-10 03:30 AM
    can your 9700

recrod in 720p
    use flash on the web
    run widgets
    youtube in hd
    work as a wifi hotspot
    fm radio
    *PIC*

I personally don't like having a flat battery... thankfully android based phones are able to swap batteries out.

I don't mind to waste time on my phone especially during those moments where you're waiting for someone or for your plane to depart. When it comes down to it, I'd rather another device to do those things on than on my phone because to me, it's imperative to have enough battery to get that urgent message/email/phone call then waste that last bit on A need for speed game.

But hey I can definitely see RIM improving on that situation and convergence is okay with me as long as it's not ripping me off or ruining the experience of its original purpose.

I'm happy with blackberry and my preference doesn't lean towards apps in general but more so productivity and a better camera is one thing to me but to someone else its not a big factor. But thankfully when I do have it around, My DSLR does the job.
    Last edited by zensen; 12-14-10 at 03:42 AM.
    12-14-10 03:38 AM
    I personally don't like having a flat battery... thankfully android based phones are able to swap batteries out.

I don't mind to waste time on my phone especially during those moments where you're waiting for someone or for your plane to depart. When it comes down to it, I'd rather another device to do those things on than on my phone because to me, it's imperative to have enough battery to get that urgent message/email/phone call then waste that last bit on A need for speed game.

But hey I can definitely see RIM improving on that situation and convergence is okay with me as long as it's not ripping me off or ruining the experience of its original purpose.

I'm happy with blackberry and my preference doesn't lean towards apps in general but more so productivity and a better camera is one thing to me but to someone else its not a big factor. But thankfully when I do have it around, My DSLR does the job.
    Exactly, that's what some people don't get, blackberry is very good at a few things and that's that. Trying to get a device to do everything is wrong, it's better to have a dedicated camera/satnav/netbook/laptop for other things. No matter how good an android device will be it still doesn't replace a laptop, optic zoom camera or a good satnav on the dashboard not to mention a game console. So what's the point?

12-14-10 04:51 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD