If BB is supposed to be a niche player... and all they have are the business folk...
    Didn't BES 10 just get updated so it could actually be used? Wouldn't that mean, phones would get shipped AFTER this?
    Wouldn't any relevant sales figures to anyone suggesting that BB is a niche company come from the current quarter, and not the quarter that just posted?

1 million phones per month for a brand new system is good. Not awful. Especially, when it was almost all consumers buying the phone. What happens when BES gets going, and BB adds corporate users to the totals?

I remember reading all the articles about what BB needed to do to survive. All the minimum numbers were just a hair over 1 million phones per month. According to my math, they shipped 3.7 million phones in 4 months. Everyone has to remember the first million didn't really count, as it was going to stock, not sell through.

Its going to be a rough 3 months for the stock.... but when the next quarter comes, and they are selling more than 1 million phones per month... Somebody, somewhere will have to remember they only needed to hit 15 million in 12 months to be considered successful. They are well on their way.

All that being said.... Lock Boulben out of the US, and hire someone new just for this market. Its apparently obvious they can't handle the US media...

The stock has them at a market cap of $5 billion... and with $3 billion in cash... that's funny. Its an obvious buy right now. Anyone who says otherwise is just dumb.
    07-02-13 01:33 PM
    If BB is supposed to be a niche player... and all they have are the business folk...
    Didn't BES 10 just get updated so it could actually be used? Wouldn't that mean, phones would get shipped AFTER this?
    Wouldn't any relevant sales figures to anyone suggesting that BB is a niche company come from the current quarter, and not the quarter that just posted?

1 million phones per month for a brand new system is good. Not awful. Especially, when it was almost all consumers buying the phone. What happens when BES gets going, and BB adds corporate users to the totals?

I remember reading all the articles about what BB needed to do to survive. All the minimum numbers were just a hair over 1 million phones per month. According to my math, they shipped 3.7 million phones in 4 months. Everyone has to remember the first million didn't really count, as it was going to stock, not sell through.

Its going to be a rough 3 months for the stock.... but when the next quarter comes, and they are selling more than 1 million phones per month... Somebody, somewhere will have to remember they only needed to hit 15 million in 12 months to be considered successful. They are well on their way.

All that being said.... Lock Boulben out of the US, and hire someone new just for this market. Its apparently obvious they can't handle the US media...

The stock has them at a market cap of $5 billion... and with $3 billion in cash... that's funny. Its an obvious buy right now. Anyone who says otherwise is just dumb.
    Good points. I guess the biggest issue right now is perception, which just took another hit from Black Friday. I don't know how they address the perception that they're finished, that's a big hurdle. Not insurmountable.

Someone posted about Sony TimeShift feature on another thread. Makes me think Sony would be a good partner. Good synergies there.

Sony has a line of tablets and phones running Android, and I don't think it's a huge seller (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe partnering with BlackBerry (or buying) and using BB10 as the core microkernel OS for all their electronics? TVs, Tablets, Phones...

From WikiPedia:

The Sony Group (ソニー・グループ Sonī Gurūpu?) is a Japan-based corporate group primarily focused on the Electronics (such as AV/IT products and components), Game (such as PlayStation), Entertainment (such as motion pictures and music), and Financial Services (such as insurance and banking) sectors. The group consists of Sony Corporation (holding and electronics), Sony Computer Entertainment (games), Sony Pictures Entertainment (motion pictures), Sony Music Entertainment (music), Sony/ATV Music Publishing (music publishing), Sony Financial Holdings (financial services) and others.

I dunno, seems like a good fit to me.
    07-02-13 01:52 PM
    I believe they should engage in multiple partnerships.... BB should maintain its Q10 device, and possible or Torch version.
    Let Sony make a high end version of the phone for multimedia focus, and possibly try to convince nokia to dump windows phone and make ultra cheap BBs for the rest of the world. What customers am I missing?
    07-03-13 09:00 AM
    The problem is, if you are doing so bad in consumer market, I mean, not because you are so good that nobody can afford it, but because you are just bad in the offerings, your share in enterprise world will get squeezed.

So, it is a wishful thinking to say that I am only going to succeed in enterprise market and let other people have the consumer market... no, you will not succeed in enterprise market in long run if you are not relevant in consumer market.

You might exist in enterprise market for a while but you will not stay successful for long.
    07-03-13 09:33 AM
    Where do you read that it was intended to "let" anyone have anything? If you are licensing your OS to another vendor, you are leveraging a position by using superior hardware already in the wild.

And I would contest that BB is "doing so bad" in the consumer market. They are far outpacing the startup of Windows phone. They are on par with the first Android releases, and the first generation iphone. Its short sighted, and just ignorant to compare well developed industrial leaders, with a company that completely started from scratch. (BB10) Look at Tesla in the car industry... What chance did they have against Toyota, Ford, GM...

Every entity will have problems... its all about the response to the problems. If you respond well, you win. BB recognized its short comings, changed, and reinvented itself.... Hopefully they continue to see their own flaws, and make the adjustments on the fly.... It certainly isn't perfect or polished... but a failure? or "so bad"? I don't think so. They are on the brink of making tons of money... We would all take that. Who cares what "place" you are...

The problem is, if you are doing so bad in consumer market, I mean, not because you are so good that nobody can afford it, but because you are just bad in the offerings, your share in enterprise world will get squeezed.

So, it is a wishful thinking to say that I am only going to succeed in enterprise market and let other people have the consumer market... no, you will not succeed in enterprise market in long run if you are not relevant in consumer market.

You might exist in enterprise market for a while but you will not stay successful for long.
    07-03-13 02:31 PM

Agree with u,i can say that the US market are probably pissed because wasn't the opening market, it was England, so u know what US get used to it, it won't be the first or last company who will do that ,US market are very weak, so companies will try Europe before ,stronger market, such as Germany, England Netherland to name a few will be first.....

Golf=passion
    07-03-13 02:43 PM