Darn, I leave for a few days and this thread takes off!! I am currently re-united with my Old Curve (9330) and although I'm adjusting to it begin slower then my android, it is liek falling back in love, the physical keyboard, the top media buttons, the INSTANT email, and best of all, A GOOD NOTIFICATION LIGHT!
    As I've discovered to my horror, the email is no longer instant for me. When I have both 9900 and my iPhone side by side, my gmail (only email I use on my mobile devices) gets sent to my iPhone faster. Regardless of which phone is on wifi and which is sim card. When I put my sim back in my iPhone last night, the first time the iPhone had been on in days, I got pushed about 9 emails. Now, of those 9 email, 2 of them were sent through to my BB throughout the day. Why didn't my BB get those other emails? This isn't the first time it happened but these missed emails only seem to happen when sim swapping back to my iPhone, so the failure is on the BB side.

Not too impressed. I'm lucky they weren't particularly important email, but what if they were?
    03-15-12 09:27 AM
    Going out of business? With a record user base and solid profits EVERY quarter?
    Just because the BB isn't the cool "toy" in the US anymore doesnt mean there are not 6.7 billion other people in the world that feel the same way.

BB is picking up steam in Europe, Dominates UK, Canada, Very popular in SE asia and absolutely owns latin America.

Going out of business is quite a ridiculous statement. The USA Market is like a high school popularity contest. Everything changes almost every year and the US market is not the "end all be all" market in the world with many goods, despite how most of us think it is.

Watch the earnings report for RIM, even if they narrowly miss targets they will still make hundreds of millions of dollars in PROFIT.
    Don't know where you get your News from but from what I read, it is pretty dire for RIM. Stock price is approaching break up value fast.

RIM results will continue to disappoint: BMO - The Globe and Mail

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2355064/

Let's not let the facts get in the way of the truth.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 03-15-12 at 12:41 PM.
    03-15-12 11:03 AM
    Uh, it make sure the messages integrity is preserved through the forwarding process. It's important when you are dealing with important emails. If you want to edit and add things, simply take the 2 seconds it takes to copy the message body with the wonderful trackpad and paste it, edit and send it.
    And what if the email I want to forward has an attachment. The steps are terribly inefficient for a device that is suppose to be an efficient device for business. Ah, not thanks. I will just continue to use my Android for business and my Blackberry for outdoor activities when I don't need efficient email, multimedia, or care if I lose or damage my phone while hiking, biking, or skiing.

Preserving email integrity is none of RIM's business and not the reason you can't forward emails. The OS is archaic.
    03-15-12 11:06 AM
    There's also an app called Foward, Edit and Reply. Works well. Don't say you shouldn't need an app for to do basic things because Android and iPhone lack stuff too. Like a native file manager on Android, at least when I had one.
    Elite1 and E92Vancouver like this.
    03-15-12 12:40 PM
    Email++ also has forward w edit and lets you manually pick which attachments to include, as well as a bunch of other functionality (converting emails to memos, tasks, etc).
    Chrisy and E92Vancouver like this.
    03-15-12 12:45 PM
    Fixmo Tools also adds the reply with edit function, along with several other useful tools.

It's free for os7 users right now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    03-15-12 02:17 PM
    As I've discovered to my horror, the email is no longer instant for me. When I have both 9900 and my iPhone side by side, my gmail (only email I use on my mobile devices) gets sent to my iPhone faster. Regardless of which phone is on wifi and which is sim card. When I put my sim back in my iPhone last night, the first time the iPhone had been on in days, I got pushed about 9 emails. Now, of those 9 email, 2 of them were sent through to my BB throughout the day. Why didn't my BB get those other emails? This isn't the first time it happened but these missed emails only seem to happen when sim swapping back to my iPhone, so the failure is on the BB side.

Not too impressed. I'm lucky they weren't particularly important email, but what if they were?
    Were they marked as spam on the server? Once it's it's marked as spam or suspected to be spam it doesn't get forwarded to the Blackberry.
    03-15-12 06:48 PM
    And what if the email I want to forward has an attachment. The steps are terribly inefficient for a device that is suppose to be an efficient device for business. Ah, not thanks. I will just continue to use my Android for business and my Blackberry for outdoor activities when I don't need efficient email, multimedia, or care if I lose or damage my phone while hiking, biking, or skiing.

Preserving email integrity is none of RIM's business and not the reason you can't forward emails. The OS is archaic.
    You can forward an email that has an attachment as long as you forward it using the email account you received it to.
    03-15-12 06:59 PM
    You can forward an email that has an attachment as long as you forward it using the email account you received it to.
    My point is you can only forward a message if you don't plan on editing it which is a huge limitation that sucks.
    03-15-12 07:43 PM
    My point is you can only forward a message if you don't plan on editing it which is a huge limitation that sucks.
    Well, as they say, there's an app(or two) for that so where's the limitation?
    03-15-12 07:53 PM
    Well, as they say, there's an app(or two) for that so where's the limitation?
    It is ridiculous to spend $800 on a supposed business device that is crippled and can not do email properly and then have to PAY money for an app to make your device functional at a basic level. That's the limitation. Not acceptable.

Also, I don't like putting apps on my Blackberry. The Blackberry OS is archaic and highly fragile and as a result, easily corruptible by 3rd party apps that are not properly coded.

As you can see here, the free forward and edit apps don't work to good:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst.../2813/?lang=en
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 03-15-12 at 08:19 PM.
    03-15-12 08:17 PM
    It is ridiculous to spend $800 on a supposed business device that is crippled and can not do email properly and then have to PAY money for an app to make your device functional at a basic level. That's the limitation. Not acceptable.

Also, I don't like putting apps on my Blackberry. The Blackberry OS is archaic and highly fragile and as a result, easily corruptible by 3rd party apps that are not properly coded.

As you can see here, the free forward and edit apps don't work to good:

Free Forward Reply and Edit - Download Forward Reply and Edit - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    $800? You got ripped off mate, my 9900 was free with my contract. And by the way, Blackberry comes with far more functions out of the box then any other platform, iphone is spartan in comparison, you need a lot of apps just to bring it on par with a BB. Email++ works perfectly well.

Does Android or Iphone have an app to delete emails only from the phone yet? Does iphone have an app to let you attach a file to a reply email yet? Etc
    03-15-12 08:32 PM
    All platforms have their flaws. For example, Android has no native file manager. You cannot delete all mail you have to check each one. There's no way to customize sound profiles. Those things require an app. Even the lack of a convenience key on my Android frustrated me a little. But there's an app for camera widget on lock screen.

Not a big deal on either platform, in my opinion, if a solution is available.
    03-15-12 08:36 PM
    All platforms have their flaws. For example, Android has no native file manager. You cannot delete all mail you have to check each one. There's no way to customize sound profiles. Those things require an app. Even the lack of a convenience key on my Android frustrated me a little. But there's an app for camera widget on lock screen.

Not a big deal on either platform, in my opinion, if a solution is available.
    Exactly but BB solutions seem to be disregarded for not coming out of the box. We either want apps or we don't, which is it?

"There's an app for that" only applies to iphone or android, in BB's case it's "should've been out of the box not an app"
    03-15-12 08:44 PM
    What the *#?!@+ does the perceived inefficiency of handling email attachments or the imagined antiquity of BBOS have to do with the OP returning to BB, can someone please tell me that?
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-15-12 08:49 PM
    $800? You got ripped off mate, my 9900 was free with my contract. And by the way, Blackberry comes with far more functions out of the box then any other platform, iphone is spartan in comparison, you need a lot of apps just to bring it on par with a BB. Email++ works perfectly well.

Does Android or Iphone have an app to delete emails only from the phone yet? Does iphone have an app to let you attach a file to a reply email yet? Etc
    I beg to differ. I think the non functionality of Blackberries, with or without apps to fix inherent deficiencies is the reason they are losing dramatic market share to Android an Apple.

One of the big reasons that consumers are avoiding blackberries is because they do not handle email as well as other platforms. For instance, while Android and iphone offer 2 way email syncing, Blackberry has either not figured this out or feels that consumers don't need to sync their mobile email inbox with their PC on a wireless basis.

Belfast, have you seen this article:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2355064/
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 03-15-12 at 08:55 PM.
    03-15-12 08:52 PM
    I beg to differ. I think the non functionality of Blackberries, with or without apps to fix inherent deficiencies is the reason they are losing dramatic market share to Android an Apple.

One of the big reasons that consumers are avoiding blackberries is because they do not handle email as well as other platforms. For instance, while Android and iphone offer 2 way email syncing, Blackberry has either not figured this out or feels that consumers don't need to sync their mobile email inbox with their PC on a wireless basis.

Analyst cuts RIM price target on earnings, sales worries - The Globe and Mail
    Did i read that right? You said Blackberries dont handle email as well as other platforms?
    03-15-12 08:58 PM

Analyst cuts RIM price target on earnings, sales worries - The Globe and Mail
    No and I'm not going to bother reading it, neither Android or Iphone give me push email for my own hosted account without paying extra for exchange but Blackberry does, instant push email, so no thank you, BB email is still the best and it does sync with my laptop, and as I always always look at my emails on my phone first I don't need two way sync. Two way sync robs you of the delete on phone only BB feature, or the save on phone delete on server feature.

If you use only Gmail fair enough, others are better(to a certain extent)
    03-15-12 09:03 PM
    Did i read that right? You said Blackberries dont handle email as well as other platforms?
    Yes. If you have a gmail account, your mobile inbox and PC inbox are in perfect sync, in real time if you have an Android or iphone.

Read a message on your PC and it is marked as read on your mobile.
    Delete a message on your PC and it is deleted on your mobile.
    Read a message on your mobile and it is marked as read on your PC.
    Delete a message on your mobile and it is deleted on your PC.
    Archive an email on your PC and it is archived on your mobile.
    Archive an email on your mobile and it is archived on your PC.

All of this happens in real time. It is incredibly efficient.

In addition, you have access to all of your folders and labels on the mobile.

Why can't a Blackberry do this? It tortures me.
    03-15-12 09:04 PM
    No and I'm not going to bother reading it, neither Android or Iphone give me push email for my own hosted account without paying extra for exchange but Blackberry does, instant push email, so no thank you, BB email is still the best and it does sync with my laptop, and as I always always look at my emails on my phone first I don't need two way sync. Two way sync robs you of the delete on phone only BB feature, or the save on phone delete on server feature.

If you use only Gmail fair enough, others are better(to a certain extent)
    Belfast, if you set up an IMAP account on an iphone or Android, you would have push.
    03-15-12 09:05 PM
    Yes. If you have a gmail account, your mobile inbox and PC inbox are in perfect sync, in real time if you have an Android or iphone.

Read a message on your PC and it is marked as read on your mobile.
    Delete a message on your PC and it is deleted on your mobile.
    Read a message on your mobile and it is marked as read on your PC.
    Delete a message on your mobile and it is deleted on your PC.
    Archive an email on your PC and it is archived on your mobile.
    Archive an email on your mobile and it is archived on your PC.

All of this happens in real time. It is incredibly efficient.

In addition, you have access to all of your folders and labels on the mobile.

Why can't a Blackberry do this? It tortures me.
    I'm going to have to agree with you here. Back when I had the BlackBerry I liked how emails were pushed to me, but I couldn't stand having to mark messages as read or delete them on both the BlackBerry and my laptop. It was just inefficient. And then I also hated the absence of folders.

I'd say that BlackBerries handle attachments better than most other platforms and the push email is nice, but I don't see how anyone can say that BlackBerries have superior email when they can't even view folders.
    moiselles likes this.
    03-15-12 09:16 PM
    I'm going to have to agree with you here. Back when I had the BlackBerry I liked how emails were pushed to me, but I couldn't stand having to mark messages as read or delete them on both the BlackBerry and my laptop. It was just inefficient. And then I also hated the absence of folders.

I'd say that BlackBerries handle attachments better than most other platforms and the push email is nice, but I don't see how anyone can say that BlackBerries have superior email when they can't even view folders.
    On an Android or iphone, email is pushed if you are setup as IMAP or if you are on a Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail account.
    03-15-12 09:21 PM
    On an Android or iphone, email is pushed if you are setup as IMAP or if you are on a Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail account.
    On my iPhone it lets me Push with my .me email, but it only gives me the option to fetch with my gmail account.
    03-15-12 10:06 PM
    Belfast, if you set up an IMAP account on an iphone or Android, you would have push.
    No you don't lol, you need exchange/active sync, just imap won't do it.
    03-16-12 01:04 AM
    Were they marked as spam on the server? Once it's it's marked as spam or suspected to be spam it doesn't get forwarded to the Blackberry.
    Nope. They just didn't get sent. One was from my boss, another from my father. It happened again today. I received about 10 emails throughout the day and when I came home and switched back to my iPhone, 8 emails from my husband that he sent while at work last night showed up.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    03-16-12 01:45 AM
135 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD