This is purely opinion, because for me there is NO better device, BlackBerry's have by far the best inbox design and navigation to manage 100's of emails a day, the short cut keys on the keyboard are a life saver meaning one can actually manage and maintain all of the action required emails quickly and effectively.

Add to that data compression which allows one to keep their same phone number while traveling outside of their home country and affordably maintain contact,

The devices are compact, and a delight to hold for extended periods of time.
    YES RIM could do better, and yes RIM failed to address the change in the market, they kept playing their game, when the game changed, They Kept growing and are the best at their game, but people want new rules, and I hope RIM will be able to play by the new rules without fundamentally changing and removing all of their advantages.
    I really like what he wrote here. All of these are great reasons to own a BB. Some of the most important features for me are the keyboard shortcuts, auto on/off, LED light, battery life, and the messaging system. I have defected to other platforms numerous times. But always find myself coming back.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-12-12 03:22 PM
    The devices are compact, and a delight to hold for extended periods of time.
    YES RIM could do better, and yes RIM failed to address the change in the market, they kept playing their game, when the game changed, They Kept growing and are the best at their game, but people want new rules, and I hope RIM will be able to play by the new rules without fundamentally changing and removing all of their advantages.
    Yes, blackberries are compact and that is one of the things I like about them. When I am doing an outdoor activity or going out for the evening with friends, where I don't need the large screen of my Nexus, and only need a cell phone and occasional email access, then I have my Blackberry. It is small, durable and cheaply replaceable should I break it, lose it or damage it.

I like certain aspects of the OS and plan on always having a Blackberry.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 03-12-12 at 05:53 PM.
    03-12-12 05:47 PM
    Not sure what the relevancy of the number of blackberrys owned is. I'm on my first one (or two if you count my PB).
    My point is I am an enthusiastic and avid Blackberry fan but appreciate the other features available on competing platforms.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 03-12-12 at 05:53 PM.
    03-12-12 05:48 PM
    I have defected to other platforms numerous times. But always find myself coming back.
    Why defect? Why can't you have more than one arrow in your quiver? Phones are not like girlfriends. They are cheap enough that you can have more than one.
    03-12-12 05:52 PM
    Welcome back OP
    03-12-12 08:10 PM
    Why defect? Why can't you have more than one arrow in your quiver? Phones are not like girlfriends. They are cheap enough that you can have more than one.
    I'm a one phone at a time kinda guy.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-12-12 08:49 PM
    Same here one phone at a time > don't need a spare one because this one gets all my job done.
    03-12-12 08:56 PM
    I had more than one phone in the past and I was always switching back and forth, driving myself crazy. Now I just stick with my BB 9810 which does everything for me.
    hondateg91 likes this.
    03-13-12 07:52 AM
    I had more than one phone in the past and I was always switching back and forth, driving myself crazy. Now I just stick with my BB 9810 which does everything for me.
    I really like that device but it isn't offered through Verizon. Is it as awesome as I think it is?
    03-14-12 02:55 PM
    I really like that device but it isn't offered through Verizon. Is it as awesome as I think it is?
    Your 8330 is Fred Flintstone ancient. You need to ugrade ASAP to A) Help RIM survive and B) Enter the 21st century.

Yes, the 9810 compared to your 8330 is 1 million times better.
    03-14-12 02:58 PM
    Your 8330 is Fred Flintstone ancient. You need to ugrade ASAP to A) Help RIM survive and B) Enter the 21st century.

Yes, the 9810 compared to your 8330 is 1 million times better.
    The beauty of BB is that the 8330 is as good a communication device as a 9810 and an iPhone. The thing that made BB great is that even a 5 yrs old device handles modern communication with aplomb. Even the 7 series BB can handle email and basic browsing better than most other platforms.
    03-14-12 05:08 PM
    CurvePXL, stop trolling, if you hate BB, go back to Android, and stop posting hate messages and move on.
    How is expressing an opinion trolling?

Especially if he has a 9930? Just because this is Crackberry, it doesn't mean a person can't prefer another OS to BB. It's trolling when a person tries to provoke an argument by writing inflammatory statements. Otherwise it's debate or conversation, a dying art in this part of the world I might add.

OP, glad you're returning to what you feel better with. CurvePXL, as long as you continue being respectful, I will defend to the death your right to express your opinions.
    03-14-12 07:28 PM
    People will not pay the price of a Mercedes for a Kia.
    Though I get where you're coming from, you might want to choose your analogy better, since the new Kia Optima is about the same price as a C-class Mercedes.

I get that you feel BlackBerry is crippled. I get that you don't hate it, but Android is better for you. What I don't get is your reasoning in this post. The BlackBerry's main function is communication. Hands down, I can do more email, text, phone calling and social networking at one time with my Storm 2 (considered one of the worst BlackBerry devices in existence) than all of my friends with their Android phones.

I have 5 email addresses coming to my phone, I email and text everyone I know (over 350 contacts) and I use Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, AIM and I even have a few games to play. And I still make it through most of the day on one battery (but due to the nature of my job I always keeps a spare).

Preference is preference, though. Your needs aren't my needs and vice versa. I personally do not like Android because their are aspects to it that are retardedly complicated that shouldn't be, but that might make some think I'm a troll if I posted it on Android Central. The needs of the user are the key to choosing the right device. Period. I, too, think BlackBerry's a touch pricey, but they're worth the money. I wouldn't spend cent one on an Android phone, and the only way I'd get an iPhone is if RIM goes out of business, but that's because BlackBerry has met my needs and kept me communicating since 2009 without so much as a hiccough.
    03-14-12 08:06 PM
    Seems like trolling to me. Usually a big giveaway that someone is trolling is them tell you they're not trolling.
    This is what I'm talking about. Just because a person has an opinion doesn't make them a troll. I could care less about Porsche, for example, because I think they appeal to people whose personalities I don't like. However, I won't tell a person whose needs are met by it not to buy one. I will speak my mind about it, but I won't try to argue with them based on the sole choice of vehicle.

So it goes with this. OPINION. Everyone has one, and just because someone's is different from yours on a forum such as this doesn't automatically make that person a troll.

Can we be grown-ups here, please? Save the ire for those whose whole argument is held up by "BlackBerry sucks! Android rules!"

That way, we can have a productive dialogue.
    03-14-12 08:12 PM
    What has been stated is verifiable. At least 75% of the stock price has gone the way of the dodo in the last year. That isn't troll worthy, that's fact. There were and are issues RIM needs to address in order to return to their former glory. Also fact.

Once again, NOT TROLLING. Period. You're being immature about this.
    03-14-12 08:35 PM
    The beauty of BB is that the 8330 is as good a communication device as a 9810 and an iPhone. The thing that made BB great is that even a 5 yrs old device handles modern communication with aplomb. Even the 7 series BB can handle email and basic browsing better than most other platforms.
    And that is why Blackberry is going out of business at the speed of light. Many posters on this forum claim to be loyal Blackberry customers, yet have 7 year old Blackberries and see no need to upgrade. Why? Because the new Blackberries don't offer any features they find worthwhile.

Apple on the other hand brings out a new iphone every year and their customers line up for days over night. The phone sells out and you feel lucky if you get one 6 months after the launch date.
    03-14-12 08:36 PM
    Though I get where you're coming from, you might want to choose your analogy better, since the new Kia Optima is about the same price as a C-class Mercedes.

I get that you feel BlackBerry is crippled. I get that you don't hate it, but Android is better for you. What I don't get is your reasoning in this post. The BlackBerry's main function is communication. Hands down, I can do more email, text, phone calling and social networking at one time with my Storm 2 (considered one of the worst BlackBerry devices in existence) than all of my friends with their Android phones.

I have 5 email addresses coming to my phone, I email and text everyone I know (over 350 contacts) and I use Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, AIM and I even have a few games to play. And I still make it through most of the day on one battery (but due to the nature of my job I always keeps a spare).

Preference is preference, though. Your needs aren't my needs and vice versa. I personally do not like Android because their are aspects to it that are retardedly complicated that shouldn't be, but that might make some think I'm a troll if I posted it on Android Central. The needs of the user are the key to choosing the right device. Period. I, too, think BlackBerry's a touch pricey, but they're worth the money. I wouldn't spend cent one on an Android phone, and the only way I'd get an iPhone is if RIM goes out of business, but that's because BlackBerry has met my needs and kept me communicating since 2009 without so much as a hiccough.
    Berry, do you have a Gmail account? If you do, you wound enjoy it much more on an android.

What do you find complicated about the Android?

I am a heavy email user. One thing that drives me crazy on a Blackberry is not being able to edit a message that you are forwarding. For instance, I might get an email on my Android and want to forward most of the message. I can edit out what I don't want and add what I want to the message. You can't do this with a Blackberry. When you forward, the original message is locked. Why is this??? Why does this have to be that way??
    03-14-12 08:42 PM
    Darn, I leave for a few days and this thread takes off!! I am currently re-united with my Old Curve (9330) and although I'm adjusting to it begin slower then my android, it is liek falling back in love, the physical keyboard, the top media buttons, the INSTANT email, and best of all, A GOOD NOTIFICATION LIGHT!
    03-14-12 08:48 PM
    It seems your judgement to jump ship is really questioned by some of the "non-troll" members here. Did you ask for a discussion/criticism or some enthusiasm? Well you can't win them all here. In this crackberry.
    03-14-12 09:07 PM
    There's a reverse revolution happening, people are going from trying to do everything on one mobile phone to just using the mobile phone for communications. The explosion of cheap tablets and long battery laptops is helping this.
    You are so right about this. I'm looking for a 9810 on eBay or CL right now for that reason. I gave up my 9810 in the past and went back to my iPhone because of the lack of apps. Now I tote my Kindle Fire around with me everywhere so if there aren't a million apps available for the 9810, who cares?! Although I probably won't part with my iPhone on a permanent basis (I have FPSS-- frequent phone switching syndrome), I'm looking forward to using a phone with a real keyboard and a blinky LED!
    03-14-12 09:09 PM
    It seems your judgement to jump ship is really questioned by some of the "non-troll" members here. Did you ask for a discussion/criticism or some enthusiasm? Well you can't win them all here. In this crackberry.
    I suppose I was looking for a bit of Enthusiasm and give Crackberry members someone else who has came from Android and Likes Blackberry Better.

I know the major critique of my post is about the actual device itself but that is mainly because it is the main Android I have used. I've played around with other devices so I know there are some out there that have better screens, faster processors, and etc. but honestly I'm starting to feel I don't need all that. I just need a good phone that handles communication well. Despite what people say, I feel that Blackberry does handle communications better then Android. My email comes in way faster and so does my Facebook notifications. All this better communication, and the same apps that I used on Android but much better battery life means I'm much happier with the device. I mean sure I lose some games, but heck I never kept one game on my Android longer then a week, I may not have a big high-res screen, but what do I need that for? I rarely watch a movie on my phone. I learned I don't care much for reading books on my phone. All I really done was surfed the web and listened to music. All this works just fine in Blackberry. In fact, I actually love the Blackberry Stock Media Player better then the Stock Android one.

..of course as an Ameture photographer, I do wish my curve had a slightly better camera, but hey you can't get everything. :P
    03-14-12 09:31 PM
    I've had it with Android!

I took my dad's Casio Gz'One for a while now and if it wasn't for Wireless tether, the device being waterproof, and a slight speed increase, I would have switched back way sooner.

I miss the integration and overall awesomeness of Blackberry. I'm a tech geek so I should probably like Android way better but honestly I don't. I used to envy all the Apps that Android has but once I received and Android I eventually realized there isn't really any Apps for android that I don't already use. The notification light on my Android sucks. It has two colors, Red or green. Red if it's Charging, Green if it has a message. What's worse is it is on the side and you can't see it. Granted, Android doesn't have to be reset every week like BB does but I found it generally would do it itself when it felt like resetting at the weirdest times. I couldn't even install Google Maps on my Device because Maps ran a Service ALL THE TIME that would slow my phone down and cause it to reset like every other day.

When I wanted to type I had to use a sliding keyboard because the 1mm thick gorilla glass prevented me from typing accurately by tapping the keys (My preferred method) When I needed to charge my blackberry, it took an hour to bring it from almost dead to 100%, for my android, it takes an hour to take it from 60% to full Charge.

I should be back to my Blackberry by the end of the day. I can't wait. I know there will be some things I miss but I predict I will enjoy the blackberry much much better.
    Try Galaxy Note because the one you pick is worst than even the RIM's very first Pager... LOL
    03-14-12 09:52 PM
    Welcome back to BB. I came back to BB after trying the Evo4g and the Iphone4. I have never looked back. I hope you enjoy your new BB as much as I have mine.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-14-12 10:13 PM
    And that is why Blackberry is going out of business at the speed of light. Many posters on this forum claim to be loyal Blackberry customers, yet have 7 year old Blackberries and see no need to upgrade. Why? Because the new Blackberries don't offer any features they find worthwhile.

Apple on the other hand brings out a new iphone every year and their customers line up for days over night. The phone sells out and you feel lucky if you get one 6 months after the launch date.
    Going out of business? With a record user base and solid profits EVERY quarter?
    Just because the BB isn't the cool "toy" in the US anymore doesnt mean there are not 6.7 billion other people in the world that feel the same way.

BB is picking up steam in Europe, Dominates UK, Canada, Very popular in SE asia and absolutely owns latin America.

Going out of business is quite a ridiculous statement. The USA Market is like a high school popularity contest. Everything changes almost every year and the US market is not the "end all be all" market in the world with many goods, despite how most of us think it is.

Watch the earnings report for RIM, even if they narrowly miss targets they will still make hundreds of millions of dollars in PROFIT.
    03-15-12 08:09 AM
    Berry, do you have a Gmail account? If you do, you wound enjoy it much more on an android.

What do you find complicated about the Android?

I am a heavy email user. One thing that drives me crazy on a Blackberry is not being able to edit a message that you are forwarding. For instance, I might get an email on my Android and want to forward most of the message. I can edit out what I don't want and add what I want to the message. You can't do this with a Blackberry. When you forward, the original message is locked. Why is this??? Why does this have to be that way??
    Uh, it make sure the messages integrity is preserved through the forwarding process. It's important when you are dealing with important emails. If you want to edit and add things, simply take the 2 seconds it takes to copy the message body with the wonderful trackpad and paste it, edit and send it.
    03-15-12 08:14 AM
135 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD