I've had it with Android!

I took my dad's Casio Gz'One for a while now and if it wasn't for Wireless tether, the device being waterproof, and a slight speed increase, I would have switched back way sooner.

I miss the integration and overall awesomeness of Blackberry. I'm a tech geek so I should probably like Android way better but honestly I don't. I used to envy all the Apps that Android has but once I received and Android I eventually realized there isn't really any Apps for android that I don't already use. The notification light on my Android sucks. It has two colors, Red or green. Red if it's Charging, Green if it has a message. What's worse is it is on the side and you can't see it. Granted, Android doesn't have to be reset every week like BB does but I found it generally would do it itself when it felt like resetting at the weirdest times. I couldn't even install Google Maps on my Device because Maps ran a Service ALL THE TIME that would slow my phone down and cause it to reset like every other day.

When I wanted to type I had to use a sliding keyboard because the 1mm thick gorilla glass prevented me from typing accurately by tapping the keys (My preferred method) When I needed to charge my blackberry, it took an hour to bring it from almost dead to 100%, for my android, it takes an hour to take it from 60% to full Charge.

I should be back to my Blackberry by the end of the day. I can't wait. I know there will be some things I miss but I predict I will enjoy the blackberry much much better.
    03-10-12 01:47 PM
    ...Granted, Android doesn't have to be reset every week like BB does...
    I never have to reset my BB. Oh and, welcome home.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-10-12 01:57 PM
    Cool, which Blackberry did you choose or have you got ?
    03-10-12 01:59 PM
    Which BB are you going for?
    Hopefully everything you need switching over goes well, welcome back!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    Welcome back to the Rimpire.
    I never have to reset my BB. Oh and, welcome home.
    I agree OS7 has made things better. I used to have to reset my old OS6 9800 all the time.
    03-10-12 02:02 PM
    Are you kidding? I'm back to BB with a 9930 after leaving a few years back and I miss my Android every single day. This phone is crippled compared to my Moto Droid and all the other Androids I've owned.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-10-12 03:51 PM
    Well, you chose a terrible android device that you feel for some reason represents all Android powered devices.
    03-10-12 03:57 PM
    Well welcome back! I came back from Android too! Though I did like it. I just didn't like the size, battery and LED.

Good to have you back here.
    Guatiao likes this.
    03-10-12 04:01 PM
    And you're right! My Android took forever to charge! I forgot about that. Though I did have the humongous extended battery.

BlackBerry charges at the speed of light.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-10-12 04:02 PM
    Well, you chose a terrible android device that you feel for some reason represents all Android powered devices.

I agree. Best vs. Best, I think Android wins in all aspects.

03-10-12 04:29 PM
    CurvePXL, stop trolling, if you hate BB, go back to Android, and stop posting hate messages and move on. To the OP welcome back!
    Jake Storm, Alt-F4 and Hawkeberry like this.
    03-10-12 04:54 PM
    Really dood, Android Central is right next door. Or did you get lost?
    03-10-12 05:00 PM
    No different than people trashing the entire BB line because of the Storm, or dare I even touch on those who think BB7 is just BB6 with newer icons which was just BB5 with a newer theme. That's their opinion, and most times no amount of arguing is going to change it. Bottom line, Android left a bad taste in his mouth, where apparently the BB didn't.

@CurvePXL, what's best for you isn't necessarily best for everybody else.

@OP, as others have already asked, let us know what model you end up with. I'd also strongly suggest jumping directly to the Leaks forum and grab the latest OS for your phone. Newer OS's have been very stable with improved battery life, but BB7 in general is more stable than its predecessors (read: doesn't require frequent reboots!).

Welcome back, best of luck, and come back and report often.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-10-12 05:03 PM
    While I admit the things I said were against the Device itself, I have used other Android Devices (they are popular among my friends) and I just feel that Android is not my platform. I enjoy blackberry. I'm beginning to discover I like my UIs with much less looks and more function. I enjoy what Blackberry gave me in terms of software. I find the stock calender is much better then Android's and while I know that "there is an app for that", by having good stock apps, I can reduce the amount of apps I put in memory.

To Chrisy, I didn't even have that, I have the stock battery.

I have the Curve 9330 and while I know that is not the best out there it is what I can get until October (upgrade ) One thing that sucks though is the Commando will not Factory reset so I have to wait until a new one ships to me by Wednesday so that I can switch over. As for the 9900 owners out there, how much lag is present in the devices? If I can get a 9900 I will but I would like to know how much lag there is. If that is not an option I will probably go with the 9370.
    03-10-12 09:41 PM
    As for the 9900 owners out there, how much lag is present in the devices? If I can get a 9900 I will but I would like to know how much lag there is. If that is not an option I will probably go with the 9370.
    First, welcome back!

Well I am not sure what you qualify as lag, but I rarely find lag in launching most applications. There is a 1-2 sec pause in launching of an application, but it's not noticeable.

Using the application switcher (or whatever it's called when you hold down the menu key) the change is quick. Overall, I am quite happy with the 9900.

The only recommendation I will make is you need to check the applications you install. Some applications drain the 9900 battery if your not careful, and you will have to wait for an app update. For example foursquare when OS7 came out would kill my battery in several hours. After they released an update that problem disappeared.

Just install, test and if ok, install the next application.
    03-10-12 10:03 PM
    First, welcome back!

Well I am not sure what you qualify as lag, but I rarely find lag in launching most applications. There is a 1-2 sec pause in launching of an application, but it's not noticeable.

Using the application switcher (or whatever it's called when you hold down the menu key) the change is quick. Overall, I am quite happy with the 9900.

The only recommendation I will make is you need to check the applications you install. Some applications drain the 9900 battery if your not careful, and you will have to wait for an app update. For example foursquare when OS7 came out would kill my battery in several hours. After they released an update that problem disappeared.

Just install, test and if ok, install the next application.
    Mainly I mean when you switch between menus and apps.
    03-10-12 10:17 PM
    Mainly I mean when you switch between menus and apps.
    It's very quick. Near instantaneous. The only time it really hangs up is while downloading/installing apps, and once in awhile BBM Groups gets piggy.
    03-10-12 10:41 PM
    I'm not a fan of Android myself, but very true, I wouldn't judge the Android platform if the only Android you used was one of those crappy free on contract ones or a huge HTC with one hour battery life.

Are you kidding? I'm back to BB with a 9930 after leaving a few years back and I miss my Android every single day. This phone is crippled compared to my Moto Droid and all the other Androids I've owned.
    Probably not the right place to be saying that... People around here tend to be offended by things like that...
    03-10-12 11:20 PM
    It's very quick. Near instantaneous. The only time it really hangs up is while downloading/installing apps, and once in awhile BBM Groups gets piggy.
    That seems to be a fact for all Blackberrys, it's sorta their Achilles heel to me. As for the other poster, While I talked about the device specifically. I've used other Android devices and I just don't like it. I found that Blackberry just works better for me. It's easy to use, Easy to fix, and does almost everything I want with ease.

As for the device I have, although I got it for free, it is reguarly $179.99 on Contract

Here is the Link
    03-10-12 11:34 PM
    Welcome back! enjoy your Blackberry
    03-11-12 12:05 AM
    I'm not a fan of Android myself, but very true, I wouldn't judge the Android platform if the only Android you used was one of those crappy free on contract ones or a huge HTC with one hour battery life.

Probably not the right place to be saying that... People around here tend to be offended by things like that...
    Strangely enough, this is the THIRD Thread I've seen that someone is coming back from Android. Three different Android devices and posters said "well of course you didn't like Android, that phone sucks."

People said it about my Android Thunderbolt too.

So which Android makes people stay? I almost wish I went with the DROID Incredible instead of the Bolt.
    03-11-12 07:06 AM
    Strangely enough, this is the THIRD Thread I've seen that someone is coming back from Android. Three different Android devices and posters said "well of course you didn't like Android, that phone sucks."

People said it about my Android Thunderbolt too.

So which Android makes people stay? I almost wish I went with the DROID Incredible instead of the Bolt.
    There's a reverse revolution happening, people are going from trying to do everything on one mobile phone to just using the mobile phone for communications. The explosion of cheap tablets and long battery laptops is helping this.

I'm even considering going back to a 9700-9780 or even 9000 at the moment.

I've been using an old 8800 for the past week waiting for my 9900 replacement and it's been an eye opener, two solid days of battery life with very hard use brings one less worry in life. I found myself constantly looking at the battery indicator only to see it down 10% after 5 hours.

Are we all suffering from battery anxiety now?
    Morty2264 and Chrisy like this.
    03-11-12 08:47 AM
    I should be back to my Blackberry by the end of the day. I can't wait. I know there will be some things I miss but I predict I will enjoy the blackberry much much better.
    Welcome back Jon! Hope you got an OS7 device and checked out the free apps. I also came back to BB from Android and don't regret it at all. I had a Droid 2 Global which was a pretty high end one. I don't knock the Android platform, it is pretty slick and is great for those who choose it. I even considered the Nexus, D3 and Razr but ultimately settled on the 9850.

The bottom line is that for many folks, BB still delivers a better platform for communications and productivity. We need tools not toys...
    03-11-12 09:05 AM
    Both devices have their pros and cons but only one is right for you. Personally I don't get the 4G thing these days for me 3G and my current battery life is fine. If you want a power house get Android but if you want a production work horse then IMO get a blackberry.

Morty2264 likes this.
    03-11-12 09:11 AM
135 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD