Why has Blackberry still not got around to offering the Angry Birds game? Today December 12, 2010 the New York Times says the game is "flocking to cellphones everywhere" yet there is no sign that Blackberry is making any effort to get it to us! Are we being punished for being smart enough to prefer a Blackberry to that other smart phone? WHEN DO WE GET ANGRY BIRDS? This angry Tour 9630 owner wants to know!
    12-12-10 06:29 PM
    So if everyone jumped off a bridge you would too? Kinda of the same mentality(everyone else has it why don't we?). Besides it's not up to rim to make the game. I for one have never played it or will probably ever play it even if it became available.
    12-12-10 06:52 PM
    Angry Birds is a touch screen game, and not really meant for 480x360 screen non touch devices. Once you play it, you will understand this.
    12-12-10 07:01 PM
    I've got it on my ipod - for the life of me I can't understand the mass appeal. It's cool, but imo, it's not near as cool as everyone makes it out to be. It's a catapult game. That's it. Cool, but not worth the fuss people make over it.
    12-12-10 07:03 PM
    I've got it on my ipod - for the life of me I can't understand the mass appeal. It's cool, but imo, it's not near as cool as everyone makes it out to be. It's a catapult game. That's it. Cool, but not worth the fuss people make over it.
    Oh its awesome! I love playing it when I get a chance! I probably get a little to into it though. Lol. I don't ever play games on my phone but I do play this one.
    12-12-10 07:11 PM
    Oh its awesome! I love playing it when I get a chance! I probably get a little to into it though. Lol. I don't ever play games on my phone but I do play this one.
    How do you fit Angry Birds in with all the cheesecake making you do?
    I do kinda like the Christmas edition - got 3 stars every day so far!
    12-12-10 07:16 PM
    How is this Blackberry's fault?
    12-12-10 07:20 PM
    It's a big memory hog from what I've read. So not only is it more fit to be a touch
    screen game, but the BB also lacks the specs.
    12-12-10 07:32 PM
    I would love this..I had it on my iphone and droid and now nothing...
    12-12-10 07:33 PM
    blackberries are much harder to program for and also the selection for BBs to put this game on is slim. torch and the storm series are really only options. it would be harder to program for trackpad/trackball use and really small screens dont help.

it is a wonderful game. simplistic but yet hours of fun and you do have to use your brain to get 3 stars for every level.
    12-12-10 07:35 PM
    If it can run fine on the 2G I doubt it would have an issue running on a bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 07:45 PM
    It is an addicting game, I like the Christmas edition too, but its not RIM's fault its not available, gotta talk to Rovio games.
    12-12-10 07:55 PM
    hilarious. what if Angry Birds provides the reason for hard core BB lovers to finally leave bbm behind....software companies go where the "money" is.. that's android and iphone.
    12-12-10 08:01 PM
    Oh, you're an Angry Bird? I R A BAMF!

It's not up to RIM. The developers of the game have to develop a BlackBerry version in the language that the BlackBerry OS understands (Java, I believe); optimized for the screen size, input methods (touch screen/trackpad/trackball), and not be a battery/memory hog.
    Last edited by CASH; 12-12-10 at 08:13 PM.
    12-12-10 08:10 PM
    hilarious. what if Angry Birds provides the reason for hard core BB lovers to finally leave bbm behind....software companies go where the "money" is.. that's android and iphone.
    I don't think that you will find many hardcore BB lovers leaving BB for a game.
    12-12-10 08:23 PM
    I really doubt that anyone will leave BB over a game. It might be a factor but THE reason?
    Seems like people who want lots of mobile games lean towards iPhone in the first place.
    12-12-10 08:34 PM
    crazy penguin is something close to angry birds :x
    12-12-10 08:39 PM
    AB IS addictive and I'm not much of a portable-devices gaming guy. I whiled away a few hours on several cross-country flights last week, playing AB.
    12-12-10 08:47 PM
    I have a Tour that I use but i went out and brought a I Pod touch 4G and love it i play the devil out of Angry Birds love that game.I have to admit i'm on my pod more then my black berry love the browser but still love my berry tho
    12-12-10 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD