Californian to be more exact, and I call the Z10 "Zed 10".

People think I'm weird, but I just think of it the same as when I say Porsche as "Porsh-eh" when Americans say "Porsh".

That is all.

leafnstion44 and Thunderbuck like this.
    04-28-13 04:24 PM
    I like referring to it as Zed 10 as well

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 04:27 PM
    Definitely Zed

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    04-28-13 04:30 PM
    I agree. I prefer Zed.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 04:32 PM
    I say Zee-10 because I'm American and also because that's what BlackBerry presented the U.S with...a Zee-10. Had they presented it as a Zed-10 then I'd call it a Zed-10.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    04-28-13 04:34 PM
    I'm a Canadian and I say Q
    04-28-13 04:36 PM
    Thorsten said Zee10 in his presentation in New York, so it's Zee10 for Americans.

Posted via CB10
    angieberry10 likes this.
    In Quebec we say Zed and Pasta

People think I'm weird, but I just think of it the same as when I say Porsche as "Porsh-eh" when Americans say "Porsh".

That is all.

I like the cut of your jib. Saying ZED will soon be as american as apple pie.
    JR A likes this.
    04-28-13 04:39 PM
    I still just call it the Z.

You say tomato, I say tomahto.

A rose by any name would smell as sweet.

Posted via CB10
    JR A likes this.
    04-28-13 04:45 PM
    Lol to this..

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    04-28-13 04:53 PM
    u are funny~~
    04-28-13 05:27 PM
    What would the British say?

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    04-28-13 05:59 PM
    That is a bit unusual for an American to say Zed instead of Zee. It's like finding a Canadian or an English/Austrailan/whoever-else who says Zee instead of Zed.

I do pronounce the "l" in "salmon." It's not cultural or location or anything. It's a minor pet peeve of mine that the English language has many words with silent letters, so sometimes I just prefer to pronounce words the way they look. But no, I don't say "kuh-nife" for "knife." Someone asked me that question and I thought that was the dumbest question I've ever heard.

I also say "mayo-naise" for "mayonnaise" and a friend laughed at me. She said it's pronounced "meh-nnaise."
    JR A likes this.
    04-28-13 06:22 PM
    Thorsten said Zee10 in his presentation in New York, so it's Zee10 for Americans.

Posted via CB10
    That is nice that he adjusted his pronunciation to suit us Americans.
    04-28-13 06:27 PM
    I say ZEE 10

JR A likes this.
    04-28-13 06:42 PM
    That is a bit unusual for an American to say Zed instead of Zee. It's like finding a Canadian or an English/Austrailan/whoever-else who says Zee instead of Zed.

I do pronounce the "l" in "salmon." It's not cultural or location or anything. It's a minor pet peeve of mine that the English language has many words with silent letters, so sometimes I just prefer to pronounce words the way they look. But no, I don't say "kuh-nife" for "knife." Someone asked me that question and I thought that was the dumbest question I've ever heard.

I also say "mayo-naise" for "mayonnaise" and a friend laughed at me. She said it's pronounced "meh-nnaise."
    I also think its kind of strange but its not the first time I've seen an American proudly boasting that they refer to the phone as a Zed-10. At first I chalked it up to extreme BlackBerry fanboiness, but then realized that maybe they just really like Canada and want to be Canadian. Whatever floats your boats I suppose.

Note: I am an American who loves BlackBerry devices for many reasons. I also think Canada is a beautiful country however,I remain proud to be an American....for the most part.
    04-28-13 06:51 PM
    Good one!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:53 PM
    I am Canadian and sometime would say Zee and sometime Zed

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:55 PM
    Be careful, the Provincial language police are Gunna come and arrest or fine you! Lol

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    04-28-13 06:57 PM

That is all.

I am actually quite curious as to why Canadians say 'Zed' and why Americans say 'Zee' - I think it may because Canadians are a French/English mix whereas Americans are more of an English/German mix. If you listen to the phonetic differences between the way Germans and French speak, you will realize this could make sense... of course this is only my theory! I welcome any linguistic experts to prove me wrong!

Peter
    JR A likes this.
    04-28-13 07:20 PM
    I am actually quite curious as to why Canadians say 'Zed' and why Americans say 'Zee' - I think it may because Canadians are a French/English mix whereas Americans are more of an English/German mix. If you listen to the phonetic differences between the way Germans and French speak, you will realize this could make sense... of course this is only my theory! I welcome any linguistic experts to prove me wrong!

Peter
    My understanding is that Canada's history is much more integrated and tied to England.. hence our pronunciations are akin to English.

Could be wrong though. I do know when I travel to the UK, they say "Zed" as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:47 PM
    My understanding is that Canada's history is much more integrated and tied to England.. hence our pronunciations and spelling are akin to English. For example 'honour' vs 'honor'.

Could be wrong though. I do know when I travel to the UK, they say "Zed" as well.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:01 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Double posted. Sorry

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:03 PM
    I'm a Canadian and I say Q
    Not line?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:28 PM
45 12