Are the apple and android users on this site ashamed of their devices? A lot of these posters never list what they use. Must be shame?

You all tell me, is it? Or you are just secretive?
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-24-12 08:36 AM
    On a public forum like this however, you'll need to respect that people come from widely different places.
    This is not a public forum. In any sense of the word. Not a public domain name - not a public server - not public owned software.
    02-24-12 09:18 AM
    Really. What was the last criticism I leveled at RIM?
    LOL! You do realize people can view your post history right? I didnt make it off your first page of post history before finding posts to the contrary.
    02-24-12 09:21 AM
    LOL! You do realize people can view your post history right? I didnt make it off your first page of post history before finding posts to the contrary.
    As usual, you don't provide a link. Please provide it so we can see just how "critical" I am of RIM.
    brucep1 likes this.
    02-24-12 09:28 AM
    This is not a public forum. In any sense of the word. Not a public domain name - not a public server - not public owned software.
    The public is free to browse and join, so in the sense that there is no specific membership criteria, it is a public forum.
    02-24-12 09:30 AM
    The public is free to browse and join, so in the sense that there is no specific membership criteria, it is a public forum.
    Really? Tell that to palmless.

And this is exactly the kind of bs nit-picking to which I previously referred. You get people so wrapped up picking the fly sh!t out of the pepper, it diverts attention from the underlying renovation of the rest of the kitchen.
    02-24-12 09:41 AM
    Sleepngbear for CB Vice Prez!!!! (Seeing as the top job's already taken!).

Edited to add:

I am always amused by the usual suspects' response to BB fans' defense of the platform we have chosen. Seemingly, they feel they are empowered to come into this site and go into three specific areas, General Discussion (which on the site description clearly states it's BB General BB Discussion), News and Rumours (also geared towards BB) and the Playbook (clearly BB), and proceed to down every possible thread with their vitriol. Then they are perturbed when we come back, as we have done here, to post our reactions to their hate filled propaganda.

Haters, trolls, etc., deal with it.

If you feel empowered to belittle, cajole, harrass, ridicule those of us who prefer BBerries and who post on a site created for us to discuss and, as in KM's words, profess our love for all things CB, be ready when we come back and offer up a dissenting opinion to your hateful diatribes.

Don't like it? Don't read it. Put us on Ignore. You often state this as the solution to having us deal with your posts.../oes both ways. If you don't like to hear us posting positive comments about BBerries and tearing down your assertions and propaganda, use the Ignore button.

I would lose no sleep over it.

For myself, as long as I don't insult someone personally, I am permitted to post.

What's that word I used? Permitted? Yes...posting here is not a right. It is something we are allowed to do if we don't insult, belittle, cajole,harrass other posters. Imagine that....we are allowed to speak well of our brand choice on a site initially created for that brand so long as we don't engage in the behaviours that the usual suspects exhibit....the audacity....
    Can we please stay on topic? The derailing of threads about the derailing of threads is just as bad as the derailing of threads.

Now, everyone should realize that RIM going out of business would be a terrible thing, not only for the city of Waterloo, but for competition in the marketplace. No one likes higher prices, failures to innovate, etc.

For the better of the marketplace, rooting for a company to fail is simply pointless. No good comes from it.
    02-24-12 09:54 AM
    And this is exactly the kind of bs nit-picking to which I previously referred. You get people so wrapped up picking the fly sh!t out of the pepper, it diverts attention from the underlying renovation of the rest of the kitchen.
    I think General Motors made the same argument once about vehicle reliability. It wasn't persuasive for them, either. Details matter. Maybe they don't matter to you, but they do matter.
    02-24-12 09:58 AM
    For the better of the marketplace, rooting for a company to fail is simply pointless. No good comes from it.
    Exactly. And at the same time, having an opinion about a company is not the same as rooting for something to happen. I know that Exxon is going to be successful for a long time, and my opinion of their business would be just that. But that doesn't mean I'm rooting for or against that success, in the same way that when a defense lawyer tells a client that the prosecution has enough evidence to convict him, this doesn't per se mean the lawyer is "rooting" for conviction.
    02-24-12 10:06 AM
    Can we please stay on topic? The derailing of threads about the derailing of threads is just as bad as the derailing of threads.

Now, everyone should realize that RIM going out of business would be a terrible thing, not only for the city of Waterloo, but for competition in the marketplace. No one likes higher prices, failures to innovate, etc.

Kindly point out to me where I complained about the derailing of threads. I was posting about the usual suspects' reaction to our support for the platform we prefer.

For me, that is BB and Android.

I happen to be underwhelmed by iOS.

See? That last sentence was in fact off topic. The rest of it stayed in sync with the discussion.

And you always have the option to not read what I write. It's not compulsory.
    02-24-12 10:59 AM
    Wow Qbnkelt, your patience is running thin today. Can't say I blame you though.
    brucep1 likes this.
    02-24-12 11:16 AM
    Careful Sam. You're off topic!!!
    sam_b77 likes this.
    02-24-12 11:18 AM
    I was posting about the usual suspects' reaction to our support for the platform we prefer.
    The problem is that my opinion on whether the OP's Facebook feed story has nothing to do with your support of a particular platform. No one ever suggested the OP shouldn't assert a preference or should be ashamed of it. I merely noted that I didn't find the Facebook portion of the story believable. If you did, that's fine, but don't confuse my lack of faith in the story for some attempt to deny the OP the right to think and behave as they choose.
    Last edited by Economist101; 02-24-12 at 11:22 AM.
    02-24-12 11:20 AM
    Actually there is a criteria. You have to pervide a working email address and agree to the rules. That's just to join. Once you get here you have actually abid by them.
    02-24-12 11:27 AM
    Unfortunately common forum discussion is lacking in most of us today. Get a grip and move on. Leave the attitude at the door....
    02-24-12 11:37 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD