Dear Blackberry,
    We had good times together. When I first laid eyes on the Curve 8310, I was in love. My current Blackberry, the Bold 9000 has done me well. I've sat patiently waiting for the 9780, to come out on ATT, but it hasn't. In this time that I've been waiting, I've decided to make the switch. In the past, I have been able to look past all your short comings, because we have BBM. I was able to look past the platform being one of the last platforms for devs to make apps for. I was able to look past going into the App World, and seeing really expensive bad apps. I was able to look past my 9000 experiencing memory issues because I know it is time to upgrade to a device with more memory. I really love the simplicity of the email and contacts. I really love the keyboard on my blackberry. I really don't like touchscreens.

I was ecstatic when Kik messenger came out, because I was now able to communicate with my non Blackberry friends in a BBM type environment. But we all know what happened there. This thing with Kik, where you are punishing your blackberry users, is the last draw. I have the app installed on my phone still, but I get a message stating that messages may be delayed up to an hour, which renders it useless. I might as well jump to a platform that has it. This app is one of the best out there.

So I'll enjoy you for the next six months until a new version of my phone of choice comes out this summer.

We had good times together.
    01-08-11 08:11 AM
    WOW get a life and do what you gotta do..Way to many threads on this already....
    01-08-11 08:15 AM
    To the OP, ever use gtalk? Yahoo messenger?
    The only reason you have a smartphone is for KIK.
    Yeah Buh bye!

You certainly don't need a secure platform, kick *** email and messaging smartphone for keeping in touch with non-BB users! Someone needs to help you pick out a phone.

Enjoy the next few months and I hope you buy the best Android, or iToy out there! It will make sooooo much difference to me.

PS a 9000? Seriously? you expect a 9000 to compare to the new phones?
    And 9000 owners don't bother flaming me. You love your device. It serves you well. Good. I'm just making a point.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-08-11 at 08:26 AM.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-08-11 08:21 AM
    WOW get a life and do what you gotta do..Way to many threads on this already....
    Here Here...
    01-08-11 08:23 AM
    Yeah Buh bye!

You certainly don't need a secure platform, kick *** email and messaging smartphone for keeping in touch with non-BB users! Someone needs to help you pick out a phone.
    Sounds like the OP has a smartphone for communicating with friends. If all of your friends have adopted Kik messenger service and abandoned the other ones, good luck getting them to switch back to the one you want.

I like Yahoo for cross platform work btw since it does computers and phones, and allows large file transfers cross platform.

Enjoy the next few months and I hope you buy the best Android, or iToy out there! It will make sooooo much difference to me.

And 9000 owners don't bother flaming me. You love your device. It serves you well. Good. I'm just making a point.
    Well I agree that its silly expecting a 9000 to compare to the new devices, the 9800 won't even do that. . *flame protection suit on*
    01-08-11 08:40 AM
    Yeah Buh bye!
    How is that any different than Blackberry owners claiming the only reason that they stay with Blackberry is because of BBM?
    Last edited by 67Tucker; 01-08-11 at 08:47 AM.
    K Bear likes this.
    01-08-11 08:45 AM
    How is that any different than Blackberry owners claiming the only reason that they stay with Blackberry is because of BBM?
    It's not. And what does it matter? The OP is the one I'm responding to.
    People choose what they want for their own reasons. WHY do we all need to hear about it?
    01-08-11 08:53 AM
    People choose what they want for their own reasons. WHY do we all need to hear about it?
    Yes, but you don't blast the BB owners for making basically the same comment. BTW, you didn't actually NEED to hear about it, you could have skipped this thread altogether.
    01-08-11 08:56 AM
    Yes, but you don't blast the BB owners for making basically the same comment. BTW, you didn't actually NEED to hear about it, you could have skipped this thread altogether.
    I didn't blast the OP.
    And why would I blast the BB owners? I happen to AGREE with them!!!
    As for skipping the thread...so could you since you haven't added anything helpful here either.
    01-08-11 09:00 AM
    It's always great to see RIM fanbois and fangurls bash a CB member for switching platforms for valid reasons. It's just as great seeing these "my Blackberry can't do the basic smartphone functions that I need" threads that ruffle feathers here of the fanbois and fangurls.
    01-08-11 09:10 AM
    Bye bye. Enjoy your new phone.
    01-08-11 09:11 AM
    *giga-resistive flame-protection suit on*

You're making each other look as bad as each other Jaydee and Tucker. Seriously. Now to the OP, I can't remember why RIM dropped Kik Messenger, I think they had a fall-out so RIM decided to throttle its BIS access. And as Jaydee says, there's plenty of other platforms out there that can handle Kik. May I recommend Symbian, if they handle Kik? I find them to be a really good solid OS powered by Nokia (although I hear nothing of their phones these days)
    01-08-11 09:13 AM
    01-08-11 09:13 AM
    If the OP misses blackberry that much they will probably end up coming back anyway.
    01-08-11 09:22 AM
    *giga-resistive flame-protection suit on*

You're making each other look as bad as each other Jaydee and Tucker. Seriously. Now to the OP, I can't remember why RIM dropped Kik Messenger, I think they had a fall-out so RIM decided to throttle its BIS access. And as Jaydee says, there's plenty of other platforms out there that can handle Kik. May I recommend Symbian, if they handle Kik? I find them to be a really good solid OS powered by Nokia (although I hear nothing of their phones these days)
    Actually RIM is suing Kick.
    01-08-11 09:38 AM
    Dear Blackberry,
    We had good times together. When I first laid eyes on the Curve 8310, I was in love. My current Blackberry, the Bold 9000 has done me well. I've sat patiently waiting for the 9780, to come out on ATT, but it hasn't. In this time that I've been waiting, I've decided to make the switch. In the past, I have been able to look past all your short comings, because we have BBM. I was able to look past the platform being one of the last platforms for devs to make apps for. I was able to look past going into the App World, and seeing really expensive bad apps. I was able to look past my 9000 experiencing memory issues because I know it is time to upgrade to a device with more memory. I really love the simplicity of the email and contacts. I really love the keyboard on my blackberry. I really don't like touchscreens.

I was ecstatic when Kik messenger came out, because I was now able to communicate with my non Blackberry friends in a BBM type environment. But we all know what happened there. This thing with Kik, where you are punishing your blackberry users, is the last draw. I have the app installed on my phone still, but I get a message stating that messages may be delayed up to an hour, which renders it useless. I might as well jump to a platform that has it. This app is one of the best out there.

So I'll enjoy you for the next six months until a new version of my phone of choice comes out this summer.

We had good times together.
    Well said. He is just speaking the truth. I'm a loyal blackberry customer and I've just had it. I can't wait around anylonger for them to get thier act together. Their phones are a joke. The BB fanboys and girls shouldn't get so angry. If you are happy with sencond rate phones, go start a new thread about how great your blackberry is. "It so simple and it just works". Other platforms just work too. I"m going to android. Now that Iphone is coming to VZ, I really don't see RIM having a strong partnership with Verizon any longer. RIP RIM on Verizon. I'll miss BBM for a little while but the million other benifits will help me get over it pretty quickly.
    K Bear and howarmat like this.
    01-08-11 09:56 AM
    WHY do we all need to hear about it?
    Instead of asking "why do we all need to hear about it", as yourself "Why did I just waste my time reading this thread when I knew it was going to be just another thread with someone saying they are leaving BlackBerry".

Seriously, this is common sense. Every day people get worked up over these threads. DON'T READ THEM. Save yourself the trouble and the wondering.

Ignoring these type of threads is almost impossible to comprehend for some people.
    01-08-11 10:08 AM
    Instead of asking "why do we all need to hear about it", as yourself "Why did I just waste my time reading this thread when I knew it was going to be just another thread with someone saying they are leaving BlackBerry".

Seriously, this is common sense. Every day people get worked up over these threads. DON'T READ THEM. Save yourself the trouble and the wondering.

Ignoring these type of threads is almost impossible to comprehend for some people.
    Considering there is a thread solely dedicated to people leaving/coming to BB at the top of this forum, one would think that these stupid ******* threads wouldn't come up all the time, and that they might be a unique story for once rather than "RIM is so behind!".
    01-08-11 10:12 AM
    Well said. He is just speaking the truth. I'm a loyal blackberry customer and I've just had it. I can't wait around anylonger for them to get thier act together. Their phones are a joke. The BB fanboys and girls shouldn't get so angry. If you are happy with sencond rate phones, go start a new thread about how great your blackberry is. "It so simple and it just works". Other platforms just work too. I"m going to android. Now that Iphone is coming to VZ, I really don't see RIM having a strong partnership with Verizon any longer. RIP RIM on Verizon. I'll miss BBM for a little while but the million other benifits will help me get over it pretty quickly.
    Funny how you decided to join Crackberry just when you don't like Blackberry anymore?
    I smell the biggest troll ever on this site.
    01-08-11 10:13 AM
    What's wrong with a 9000? I hands down prefer the 9000 to the 9800 for example - and that is a 'new phone'. The 9700 is my fave though...
    Because people like OP, have never 'really' used a forum properly [missing the BB migration thread link above in this subforum]
    Or, a twitter account won't suffice?!
    It's always great to see RIM fanbois and fangurls bash a CB member for switching platforms for valid reasons. It's just as great seeing these "my Blackberry can't do the basic smartphone functions that I need" threads that ruffle feathers here of the fanbois and fangurls.
    So true... it makes for a funny read all the time.
    Agreed! Not too familiar with the USA cell provider markets, but that is a shame if VZ drops RIM altogether, well they probably won't, but the RIM stock won't be selling!
    01-08-11 10:17 AM
    Considering there is a thread solely dedicated to people leaving/coming to BB at the top of this forum, one would think that these stupid ******* threads wouldn't come up all the time, and that they might be a unique story for once rather than "RIM is so behind!".
    Yes, it is annoying, but you (generalization) should know most people do not search or look for ANY similar types of threads where they can post. This is an open forum, expect useless crap and people that do not pay attention.

The people complaining are just pissing themselves off. Actually taking the time to read and type in these posts are worthless if you are just going to ***** out the OP and ask "why did I have to hear about this". People reading these threads knowing what they are going to be about, and then asking that question have less common sense than the people creating these threads.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-08-11 at 10:23 AM.
    01-08-11 10:19 AM
    Okay. Glad to to know. Bye!
    01-08-11 10:20 AM
    Funny how you decided to join Crackberry just when you don't like Blackberry anymore?
    Look at my profile. I've been a member since October of 2009. I'm no troll. I still have blackberry storm and a bold for work. If you are offended by my disappointment with blackberry I'm sorry. It is what is.
    01-08-11 12:30 PM
    No kidding. I could care less though, everyday more and more CB members are coming to the Darkside of Android. I receive PM's everyday asking me what devices people should get, what features it has to offer, etc. It's just like Google said; "Dear carriers, you cannot stop evolution. Love Google."
    01-08-11 12:44 PM
    He's been a member for almost 2 years lol obviously someone wasn't paying attention to the post
    01-08-11 01:16 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD