My boss is away handling some personal matters for a couple weeks. He has to constantly forward me the business text messages he receives. So I went into a Verizon store to ask if there was a way to forward text messages automatically. Three different "tech and sales people" were talking it over trying to help me. There response was "it can't be done. Oh, you have a BB? We try not to sell them to much since the Iphone and Droids came on the market. If the Iphone or Droid don't have an app surely the BB wont."
    I am not sure why i didn't think of it before walking in, but I opened my playbook, went to google, type "blackberry forward sms" in a search and up comes "Advance Forwarder" sold in App world. I sent the link to my boss who downloaded it and now the sms messages come to me and he can handle his personal business without being distracted. It took all of 5 min.
    All three people could not believe it was possible or that there precious Iphones and droids couldn't do it. Also that I was able to use the PB to see the contents of my BB phone and send an email from an account that was on the BB phone.
    Please don't get me wrong. All phones and tablets offer advantages that the others don't have. But if you are a sales person selling phones and tablets you ought to know what they can do.
    12-02-11 03:52 PM
    Not sure why you are surprised about this. More than likely you know more about your phone than they do, especially if you are into tech. Some associates past their testing and what not to get hired in and believe they had have training on all phones, but when asked about something they don't know, then it would be hard for them to help you. Not saying all reps are like that, but there are quite a few.

With that said reps are pushed to sell more iPhones/Androids, so they may have more knowledge on them as their training focus's on that. Seems BB's are being pushed on the back burner.

Hopeful BBX changes that as competition is good.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    12-02-11 04:42 PM
    why would you need an app to forward a text message?

there is already an option forward a text message when you click the BB key
    12-02-11 05:07 PM

The operative word is 'automatically' in the post. Forwarding a text manually is a given.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-11 05:53 PM

I wanted my bosses to not have to take the time away from his family to deal with forwarding business text messages. Now the texts are being forwarded automatically to me
    12-02-11 06:13 PM
    It is true that sales people can be a little unhelpful, but you can't expect them to know about every application in existance...
    12-03-11 06:18 PM
    I work in a Cell store and its so true some are clueless. the sales people that work with me have no idea about anything as do the the guys in our other stores. Most own Iphones and I have to help
    them with stuff on their iphones all the time.
    Customers come in a ask Technical
    questions about iphone or blackberry and they immediately
    Tell them to buy an Android cause they are easy to sell lol.
    In a Day we sell about 1-2 BB, 1-2 iphones, 12-18 Androids. its amazing
    how many old customers come in asking for Androids.
    12-03-11 08:04 PM
    I work in a Cell store and its so true some are clueless. the sales people that work with me have no idea about anything as do the the guys in our other stores. Most own Iphones and I have to help
    them with stuff on their iphones all the time.
    Customers come in a ask Technical
    questions about iphone or blackberry and they immediately
    Tell them to buy an Android cause they are easy to sell lol.
    In a Day we sell about 1-2 BB, 1-2 iphones, 12-18 Androids. its amazing
    how many old customers come in asking for Androids.

"old customers" ,you mean older people right? They must like the big screens
    12-03-11 08:55 PM
    Rim has diffidently dropped the ball when it comes to PR and marketing. It is "way cooler" in todays market place to own a Droid or Iphone. IMO most people if asked why you want a Droid or Iphone would answer "cause my friends have one" or "i can listen to music on it".
    12-03-11 10:06 PM
    "old customers" ,you mean older people right? They must like the big screens
    Yeah, my class mate's father bought an Iphone only to text and make calls because it has big screen. That's it period.
    12-04-11 12:10 AM
    People buy things that others say they like...
    It's not the first time i hear those things about Verizon sellers.. i think RIM should sue them for what they are saying to their customers..
    12-04-11 05:35 AM
    I have used that app too! It rules. Anyway. Consider Verizon support over confident about Android and iPhone capabilities ****. That's all I got to say!
    12-04-11 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD