That's why we are here. Just like I told lnichols, I think the iPhone is overpriced. You don't. That's fine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This I agree with. I did not with the wordng of the post I originally quoted.
    04-29-15 11:50 AM
    Hi all

I am new to blackberry. I own iPhone before. And went on to HTC for android with two phones. Now I am using blackberry passport for few days now and I love it.

I went to watch all videos about blackberry, the passport launch and BB10 launch. I also get to know about QNX that first integrated to playbook and powers the latest phones. I think I can understand blackberry well.

There are many things that blackberry wins over other phones and most people do not know. Main reason is blackberry is not a consumer brand and marketing is not spent a lot on consumer versus the other companies.

Why I made the switch is because I want real serious phone and am tired of switching emails accounts, poor battery life and work narrow concept. The moment I saw Passport I fall in love with it. And I found out QNX is the main success of BB10 that make it a fast gesture OS. Impressed!

So here are some of the things that I like about my blackberry passport :

Physical keyboard to type faster each day
    Swipe to delete
    Blackberry hub
    Good battery life
    Bedside mode
    Blackberry peak
    Blackberry blend
    Swipe keyboard to scroll
    Search anything by typing on home screen
    Great call signal
    Security
    Volume quality pretty good
    Keyboard shortcut to launch apps
    Work wide concept using the screen
    Device manager and can restrict apps
    Double tab to edit text
    Set different led color
    Lift to wake phone

Blackberry Passport
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-15 07:09 AM
    Hi all

I am new to blackberry. I own iPhone before. And went on to HTC for android with two phones. Now I am using blackberry passport for few days now and I love it.

I went to watch all videos about blackberry, the passport launch and BB10 launch. I also get to know about QNX that first integrated to playbook and powers the latest phones. I think I can understand blackberry well.

There are many things that blackberry wins over other phones and most people do not know. Main reason is blackberry is not a consumer brand and marketing is not spent a lot on consumer versus the other companies.

Why I made the switch is because I want real serious phone and am tired of switching emails accounts, poor battery life and work narrow concept. The moment I saw Passport I fall in love with it. And I found out QNX is the main success of BB10 that make it a fast gesture OS. Impressed!

Swipe to delete
    Blackberry hub
    Good battery life
    Bedside mode
    Blackberry peak
    Blackberry blend
    Swipe keyboard to scroll
    Great call signal
    Security
    Double tab to edit text
    Set different led color
    Lift to wake phone

Blackberry Passport
    And if they made an all touch version of the Passport with a 1440x1920 screen, it would sell way better and I bet many Z users here would give it a shot. I agree that BB10 is the best OS available out of the box with features and functionality, but the app situation is what is holding it back. Businesses need apps just as much as consumers. The days of the phone being solely for communications is over for most businesses.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-15 08:04 AM
    There is no function = swipe to delete.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 08:11 AM
    There is no function = swipe to delete.

Posted via CB10
    on the keyboard you can swipe back to delete words
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-15 08:20 AM
    Hi all

Swipe to delete
    Blackberry hub
    Good battery life
    Bedside mode
    Blackberry peak
    Blackberry blend
    Swipe keyboard to scroll
    Great call signal
    Security
    Double tab to edit text
    Set different led color
    Lift to wake phone

Blackberry Passport
    And if they made an all touch version of the Passport with a 1440x1920 screen, it would sell way better and I bet many Z users here would give it a shot. I agree that BB10 is the best OS available out of the box with features and functionality, but the app situation is what is holding it back. Businesses need apps just as much as consumers. The days of the phone being solely for communications is over for most businesses.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    I agree. They are great phones for people who don't want or need a lot of apps.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    05-02-15 08:55 AM
    I agree. They are great phones for people who don't want or need a lot of apps.
    Well I can get most of the apps to work, with the help of SNAP and Cobalt's work, but most users won't do that. I'm just about done myself because they don't have a device for me to upgrade to with good US LTE support and if I'm going to spend a lot of money I shouldn't have to put effort to make apps work. I'll see what the slider offers, and because I think they will price it crazy and not address apps, likely bail. Simply can't keep putting the effort into a company that says I'm not a valued customer.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    05-02-15 09:07 AM
    on the keyboard you can swipe back to delete words
    Yes... this feature came over from SwiftKey, which is the basis of the BB software keyboard (licensed from SwiftKey).
    alternator77 likes this.
    05-02-15 10:42 AM
    No, I would suggest that it is quite watertight.

I find that people whom pay $900 for a phone find ways to justify the expense.

Posted via CB10
    No its more like people who get the carrier subsidy justify the expense. That's why only a million preorders for the apple watch and dwindling sales of the iPad. The moment apple decided to sell the iphone unlocked only without carrier backing sales would tank right along with their stock price. In the US at least subsidies are king.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:21 PM
    No its more like people who get the carrier subsidy justify the expense. That's why only a million preorders for the apple watch and dwindling sales of the iPad. The moment apple decided to sell the iphone unlocked only without carrier backing sales would tank right along with their stock price. In the US at least subsidies are king.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the vast majority of smartphone users in the U.S. buy them subsidized through carriers. I'd be curious to compare sales of the ShopBlackBerry/Amazon Passport with the AT&T Passport. I wouldn't be surprised if the ATT version has surpassed the unlocked version in numbers of units sold.

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    05-12-15 03:06 PM
    Stand alone calendar...meaning not shared with as system or network. Awesome if you like to keep things private. I have never found a stand alone calendar on Android or Apple...they always want you to share or sync it with something....Blackberry does this better.

Remember app. I can set alarms to tasks that sync with the stand alone calendar. The remember app gives me a choice....stand alone on device or share with a service like Evernote...only if I choose. I don't like certain types of information living on someone else's server (evernote) so again BB gives me a choice where Apple and Droid dont.

Picture Password....probably the most secure password I have seen yet. Even better than a fingerprint as my fingerprint info is not living on a device or server. So it's better...someone can be standing over my shoulder while using picture password and they would never be able to figure it out. So again better.

Encrypted chip and device....Better.

App Permissions......Better.

Keyboard....whether virtual or physical....Better.

Smoothness of OS and ability to install leaks and autoloading OS.....better.

Password keeper.....Better. To date I don't think Blackberry has ever been compromised....so more secure and Better.

Apple cannot run Android apps....so Blackberry wins again here too.

No nude celeb photos hijacked off of a blackberry....so better.

BBM.....IMHO....better than whatsapp and snap combined.

ρō�┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů�� ρÚ�ρōЯ┬.
    05-30-15 10:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    and without carrier subsidies, do you think Galaxy S and Note devices, or HTC One devices, or any of the $600-$700+ flagship devices, would continue to sell like they have been? No. They would still sell, but the number of people who would shell out that sort of money on a device up front would be much smaller. If the carrier subsidy model vanished overnight, low-end and midrange devices would reign supreme, regardless of the manufacturer.
    05-31-15 07:28 PM
    Right because with iTunes you have to have a cable :roll eyes:. And on a BB how are you getting a movie on your phone if you aren't using a computer to transfer the file to the SD Card? So you either have to download it or I guess carry your computer around with you to transfer the file to the SD Card or does it just go on there magically?
    Copy the movie to the SD card over wifi browsing with your computer to your phone or use blackberry link to stream it.
    05-31-15 08:01 PM
    Copy the movie to the SD card over wifi browsing with your computer to your phone or use blackberry link to stream it.
    That's what I said. You can either download it or send it to your phone from a computer.
    05-31-15 08:03 PM
    Apple cannot run Android apps....so Blackberry wins again here too.

Dude...
    05-31-15 10:04 PM
340 ... 121314