And some comments belong on dating sites.
    05-14-12 05:13 PM
    LOL. Even worse than trolls.
    05-14-12 05:58 PM
    And then there's my favorite: Where's the free version??!
    Or a classic: "th3 4ds are very 4nnnoyin!!" (numbers to show grammatical idiocy)

If you don't like ads pay the 99 cents to upgrade.. And stop rating a decent app functionality wise one star.
    05-17-12 03:14 PM
    This one is a classic one too: asking for help in the reviews while rating one star...happens far too often...

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    jonathon.94 likes this.
    05-17-12 07:21 PM
    What I do not understand is how I have noticed this more on Blackberry then I did on Android.
    05-17-12 08:17 PM
    Believe me, it's not just on App World. It's like that on App Store too. Welcome to virtual market places!
    Any app purchased in the app store works on any other iOS device, unless it's specifically stated to be iPad only, in which case it won't let you purchase if your not using an iPad.
    05-17-12 11:50 PM
    My theory goes like this. In the early 70's they unkowingly guaranteed that the morons would survive to procreate. They called it "Mr. Yuck", he was an ugly green sticker that went on all the toxic chemicals under the sink. Unfortunately for everyone on the web and on the streets, the moron who would have drank the bleach is still with us and now has kids! Curse you Mr. Yuck you have filled our world with idiots!
    ....and now Mr Yuck's kids are getting trophies for sports activities they never participated in, getting full scholarships to colleges after graduating from high school with a 1.0 GPA, and a 2nd grade reading level, and ......................
    05-18-12 01:17 AM
    RIM should never allow the noise to make it to the reviews. Need better moderation of review content...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    05-18-12 05:28 AM
    RIM should never allow the noise to make it to the reviews. Need better moderation of review content...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    I think that you're right, and it's widely acknowledged on this site that the process needs improving. I've been fortunate so far with the review(s) I've been left for the app in my signature, but I've seen some ridiculous ones on other apps.

The reviews I see on my handset's app world read more like a dating site than reviews for the app, but I haven't yet seen that proliferate on PB app world. There are very unhelpful apps, and stupid score ratings creeping in though...

Barljo
    05-18-12 05:44 AM
    I think they should get a bot that filters PIN,a/s/l,the dating crap,those that put one word/letter block it and have moderators reading what is posted.

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 8520 using Crackberry Forum App
    05-18-12 09:46 AM
    Yeeaaah absolutely appreciable reply given by you.
    +1... people like answers... not truth
    05-19-12 12:26 PM
    They should add a method for flagging reviews that are unhelpful or irrelevant. Once a review has been flagged by enough people, it goes to moderation for removal. Also, an upgrade to the review system should be done to break down individual aspects of the application, requiring star ratings on each aspect such as interface design, usability, functionality, accuracy of vendor description, etc... Maybe they could even integrate a features list in the vendor description area that automatically gets transferred over to the review area (or selectable transfer by the vendor) so that the app gets accurately judged on what it is supposed to do. Add an area for additional comments and perhaps a vendor support link so that people looking for help aren't posting it as a review. The overall star rating would be automatically generated based on the responses to the individual aspect ratings. The addition of an Appworld support forum that automatically gets linked to each app where each has its own discussion area would be great too.

Forgive my rambling, it's late....
    05-20-12 12:34 AM
    Looking at those reviews saddens me as to the intelligence of the world. I try to forget I saw what I saw, but to no avail.
    Another thing; why is it apparently very difficult to get an app approved for app world, yet after such an arduous process, they allow a-holes to post dumb sh*t with what seems to me, to be completely devoid of moderation in any way shape or form. Its like app world is asleep at the wheel. Kinda goes together with RIMs marketing.
    05-20-12 03:23 AM
    But they obviously have some possibilities to get reviews deleted, i rated a so called memory booster app 1 star for

A) not making my device faster in ANY way
    B) leeching my battery to death
    C) letting my device freeze, reproducable

Whatsoever, i rated, my review appeared and was gone hours later.
    I rated again with a slightly different text, appeared - disappeared. There is no review with less than 4 stars, for me: a clear manipulation.

So it must be possible to at least delete some reviews.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 03:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD