If you are currently operating a legacy device, why..

1) Price

2) BB10 doesn't have features I require from legacy to make it worthwhile

3) I'm too used to my legacy device, and BB10 looks too different (my legacy device works just fine thank you)

4) BB10? I'm still not completely sure what the differences are (unlikely option on Crackberry but you never know)

5) Because BB10 is basically andorid and I like Blackberry not andorid #LegacyEternity

Other

Thanks!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-11-14 02:57 PM
    I love Bb10, but 2 of the users I support have gone back to 9900s as they miss the simplicity. Also, track pad and having a key that does all common tasks.

Z10 until Z30
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-11-14 03:03 PM
    I love Bb10, but 2 of the users I support have gone back to 9900s as they miss the simplicity. Also, track pad and having a key that does all common tasks
    I think those who deliberately chose to go back to legacies (typically 9900/9930) share common reasons. Above are typical.
    I like its simplicity, efficiency, no-nonsense utilitarian interfaces, business oriented feel and simple and direct presentation of messages (counterpart of hub). Sort of like monochrome vs. technicolor. A true one hand (thumb) operation with home screen keyboard shortcuts is definitely a big advantage.
    I once purchased a Q10 when it's launched but parted it like plague, LOL.

It's not like legacies are far better than the BB10s, and the difference is not that much if you compared pros and cons. But they are definitely two different devices for different applications in my opinion. I was on the fence, and could fall on either side (and the timing to revisit Q10 seems to be maturing recently), but I believe legacies have an edge over the new BB10's, maintaining the attractions of original concept of the BB when they were created. I used to use a Palm Pilot a lot way back when, and legacy BB's feel more like a PDA/PIM phone, and that's what I need. Mind you, I use a palm size device mostly for business communication, and for that purpose, legacies are superb. To complement my 9900, I use an iPhone 5s, and so far, carrying 2 phones does not bother me, although I am now using the 9900 alone more than 80% of the time, and when I need to use Internet related apps or large screen display on the move, I skip the iPhone and go directly to my iPad Mini or a laptop, with my iPad Mini almost a fixture in my car. So my reason is #2 in the poll.
    Last edited by xanadome; 02-11-14 at 11:56 PM.
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-11-14 04:36 PM