Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    If my company decides to wait before upgrading to BES10 or doesn't at all, I still plan on getting the Z10 even if it means giving up my work email. How many of you would do so in a similar situation?

Still, my greater concern is that this will severly hamper BB10's adoption in the business sector. Not good.
    12-27-12 05:00 PM
    Does your company allow ActiveSync devices to roam free (iPhone & Droids) ??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 05:03 PM
    Yes, it does.
    12-27-12 06:52 PM
    Then buy your Z10 and BYOD

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 10:49 PM
    I've been using my Torch with ActiveSync and I love it - save for the wear and tear on my poor BB. It aAlso allows me to upgrade OS's faster than others with company issued phones - my boss is still running a 9900 on 7.0 lol
    12-28-12 09:19 AM
    Company Phone on BIS... so I don't have a choice, unless I want to carry two phones.
    Last edited by scalemaster34; 12-28-12 at 11:02 AM.
    12-28-12 09:31 AM
    Company Phone... so I don't have a choice, unless I want to carry two phones.
    I did at my last job. It's not really a hassle, and I love having my own device to use as I please.
    12-28-12 09:38 AM
    No, I would stick with OS 7, I don't want to carry 2 phones. We only have two choices, BB or iOS. I have not heard if we are going to BB10, but I have been told that we are staying with BB. I suspect that we will upgrade , but if they don't I will stay with BB regardless, IMO my torch is just as capable as any other device from apple or DROID for business
    12-28-12 10:28 AM
    I don't get BYOD, not even with a BB. I work for the Feds.

I *just got* my upgrade to a 9930 last month, so I won't get a BB10 device at all through work.

Since I carry my personal devices (NEVER use my work phone for personal, since I'm on BES) I will get the Z10 outright.....used my upgrade on my SGIII.

Highly doubtful that I'll get the X10. Not liking what I see, not even one little bit.
    12-28-12 10:37 AM
    ibpluto, how is your company managing the iOS devices? Are they locked down or are they just using ActiveSync?

If they're just using AS, you should be able to add your work account to your BB10 the same way.
    ibpluto likes this.
    12-28-12 10:37 AM
    I'm still not sure why I would use my own phone so the company can keep me tethered to them 24/7. If they want me to be chained to them, let them pay for the phone.
    BYOD will go away when companies start providing BB10 phones with Balance.
    It's only logical.
    12-28-12 10:41 AM
    I'm still not sure why I would use my own phone so the company can keep me tethered to them 24/7. If they want me to be chained to them, let them pay for the phone.
    BYOD will go away when companies start providing BB10 phones with Balance.
    It's only logical.
    Possibly.....but.....even if my agency went BYOD, I wouldn't participate. I do not want to get work messages while I'm on leave. When I take a vacation I want to take a brain vacation too.......no work.
    12-28-12 10:44 AM
    I don't get BYOD, not even with a BB. I work for the Feds.

I *just got* my upgrade to a 9930 last month, so I won't get a BB10 device at all through work.

Since I carry my personal devices (NEVER use my work phone for personal, since I'm on BES) I will get the Z10 outright.....used my upgrade on my SGIII.

Highly doubtful that I'll get the X10. Not liking what I see, not even one little bit.
    I'm one of the BES admins at my company, and I've been having some chats with our Security Architect. He was telling me a year ago that the executive wanted to dabble in BYOD but in part we wanted to see what RIM's long-term viability was before we made a change. All things considered, we'd much rather stay with RIM if only because it's easier to upgrade their platform than to change to a completely different one.

We aren't on Exchange yet (long, painful story that isn't likely to end soon), and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't enable ActiveSync anyway, so we're definitely staying with some kind of MDM. The good news on THAT, though, is that I planted the bug in our SA's ear that BES10 would give us our ongoing BES compatibility AND the option of BYOD MDM.

I have to admit, I actually WOULD like to just carry one BB10 phone. My work unit is an OS5 Curve that's looking more outdated by the day.
    12-28-12 10:45 AM
    ibpluto, how is your company managing the iOS devices? Are they locked down or are they just using ActiveSync?

If they're just using AS, you should be able to add your work account to your BB10 the same way.
    Good question, not sure. Worth asking though.
    12-28-12 11:13 AM
    No answer from our IT yet, but I expect them to get BB10 in due time. However, I don't want to wait so I'll be picking up the Z10 myself & activesync it
    12-28-12 11:18 AM
    I'm one of the BES admins at my company, and I've been having some chats with our Security Architect. He was telling me a year ago that the executive wanted to dabble in BYOD but in part we wanted to see what RIM's long-term viability was before we made a change. All things considered, we'd much rather stay with RIM if only because it's easier to upgrade their platform than to change to a completely different one.

We aren't on Exchange yet (long, painful story that isn't likely to end soon), and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't enable ActiveSync anyway, so we're definitely staying with some kind of MDM. The good news on THAT, though, is that I planted the bug in our SA's ear that BES10 would give us our ongoing BES compatibility AND the option of BYOD MDM.

I have to admit, I actually WOULD like to just carry one BB10 phone. My work unit is an OS5 Curve that's looking more outdated by the day.
    Oh Lord that is almost the same conversation I had with my leadership. They wanted to explore other platforms and I was able to put a stop to their plans.
    Right now I'm hoping that I didn't overplay my hand.
    We're using 9930s though. We have been on 9650s on BB6.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-28-12 11:45 AM