View Poll Results: If you qualify for an upgrade, OS7 or QNX?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get the OS7 device, upgrade OS, & wait 2 yrs for 2nd gen QNX.

    10 55.56%
  • Get OS7 subsidized and pay full price for COLT/QNX.

    1 5.56%
  • Wait for COLT/QNX so you can get it subsidized.

    4 22.22%
  • Stick with your current device till 2nd gen QNX.

    3 16.67%
  1. technomensch's Avatar
    Let's assume, just for a moment, that OS7 phones will not support QNX, or if it does, it would be like OS6 running on the Bold 9000.

    {Yes, we know this would be suicide for RIM, but for the sake of argument, we're going with worst-case scenario.}

    Let's also assume that your contract either has just run out or is going to run out before December 2011, or you currently qualify for an upgrade.

    What are you going to do?

    Please put your vote in the poll above.
    Last edited by technomensch; 09-12-11 at 07:24 PM. Reason: changed thread heading
    09-12-11 03:08 PM
  2. JMM2013A's Avatar
    Well, I'll wait with my current BlackBerry 9800 (torch 1) until QNX comes out and then, make a new contract, but since I live in Mexico, Ill buy 9810 (torch 2) and wait for LTE... it's going to take a while for QNX to come to Mexico, we don't even have BB7 smartphones right now!
    09-12-11 07:21 PM
  3. technomensch's Avatar
    {BUMP} I posted this @ 8:20pm, not 4:08pm. Talk about a bad cookie.
    09-12-11 07:22 PM
  4. dkingsf's Avatar
    Coming from touch screen Storm1/2 I would only be interested in the Torch 9850 from VZ. Since my upgrade isn't due until December and the QNX phones are SUPPOSED to be out 1st qtr 2012 I will wait.

    And if the all touch QNX phone is not out or is another Storm/Playbook disaster, I will jump ship. My company no longer requires Blackberries only on their network and they have implemented processes for email on Android and iPhone platforms.
    09-12-11 07:29 PM
  5. CGI's Avatar
    I'd give QNX some time, so if I was in line to get a device I'd buy now.
    09-12-11 07:45 PM
  6. middbrew's Avatar
    That would really depend on which device the person has now. Coming from the 83xx/85xx/9630 I might go with the OS7 device. If the person has the 9650/9700/9780/9800 I might wait for the first gen of QNX devices.
    09-12-11 08:00 PM
  7. snowindec9's Avatar
    been up for an upgrade since last year.my carrier,at&t is moving at an elderly pace.im waiting for them release the i5/bold.but if i stick with bb,then my choice will be os 7 since i can't keep waiting any longer.the first batch of qnx is said to be full touch.i would rather use the iphone 5 for a period of time and get adjusted to the full touch interface before giving a qnx bb a shot.i think qnx will be much more ironed out as next year progresses.so it would be wise to give the 2nd or 3rd batch of qnx a shot.
    09-12-11 08:08 PM
  8. o4liberty's Avatar
    I would probably go for OS 7. I came back to blackberry for the simplicity of use and the email capabilities. I left android which by far is a better device but lacks features that I like on blackberry. Now if QNX comes out on a device similar to the 9930 I would probably purchase one.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 08:24 PM
  9. gord888's Avatar
    Playbook + OS7 Bold ... why wait when you can have the best of both worlds?
    09-12-11 09:32 PM
  10. decypher44's Avatar
    Ijumped on OS7, and my "up" wasn't even up. However, that's because my 8530 crapped out finally and I needed a new phone. Still, I know QNX is going to have a lot of growing pains for a while, so I'll enjoy my 9930 for now, then go QNX later.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 10:15 PM
  11. bbmme's Avatar
    I just upgraded to 9900 from 9700 and I'm loving it! I won't lie, I will probably buy out the QNX once it come out eh

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD