If you could equate a phone with a car, then what would you equate an iPhone with or a Z10, or any other phone?

MrVermin
    10-07-13 10:53 AM
    The Z10 is thr relaible VOLVO while the iphone is the shiny ferrari

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 12:24 PM
    Bb10= fisker. Seemed cool now we find out there is major financial trouble
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-07-13 12:29 PM
    if ya ask me, BlackBerry is like Lancia.
    10-07-13 12:45 PM
    IPhone as a mini cooper. BlackBerry a black jaguar or a black Audi R8.
    10-07-13 03:14 PM
    A volkswagon jetta tdi

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 03:15 PM
    I use car analogies for things a lot, since car-related things are widely understood, but comparing any car to a smartphone platform is just a really poor analogy. The biggest reason being that cars are stand-alone items that compete on their own merits, while smartphones compete on things far beyond the hardware and phone OS; it's the ECOSYSTEM of companion devices, cloud services, media, and apps, plus no small amount of quality marketing, that sells smartphones.
    richardat and Etios like this.
    10-07-13 03:26 PM
    Z30, Tesla Model S

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    10-07-13 03:34 PM
    I would say blackberry 10 is a 2009+ volkswagen. It's got a name behind it but just doesn't match up to its predecessors. iPhone is along the lines of a 2011+ ferrari. Not too much action going on there but no need to due to its popularity. Android is any Honda civic from 1995-2003.. pretty much self explanatory.

I do compare windows phone to Volvo, notably the Nokia. Dependable, relatively aesthetically pleasing and not complex. Not to mention it still has a little bit of that Nuclear Bunker-grade protection from the phones of yesterdecade.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 03:39 PM
    I'll stick close to my previous analogy. And not for just the phone but the taking into account hardware, OS, software (apps) and ecosystem.

Android such as S4 (high end) - Porsche
    Iphone 5/5S - Mercedes S class
    Z10 - out of gas Yugo building rust

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:14 PM
    I'll stick close to my previous analogy. And not for just the phone but the taking into account hardware, OS, software (apps) and ecosystem.

Android such as S4 (high end) - Porsche
    Iphone 5/5S - Mercedes S class
    Z10 - out of gas Yugo building rust

Posted via CB10
    Umm no.. the Samsung phones feel like turbocharged civics, iphones are like the new vw bugs lol, especially the 5c

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:21 PM
    Umm no.. the Samsung phones feel like turbocharged civics, iphones are like the new vw bugs lol, especially the 5c

Posted via CB10
    Read what I said. Which was not just the hardware. And not the iphone 5C.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:22 PM
    Read what I said. Which was not just the hardware. And not the iphone 5C.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I know of you are taking apps into account too, but it seems you completely dismissed hardware and build quality as well as os smoothness.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:33 PM
    Android = Subaru - you feel smug owning one...you just can't say WHY
    iPhone = Lexus - No matter how you try to justify the cost deep down you know it's just a overpriced, re-badged Toyota
    BlackBerry = Volvo - Safe, sturdy, uninspiring
    Nokia/Windows = Honda Fit - it's cute, it's colorful and you hope like hell no one sees you in it
    raw_dog and Breezygirl8 like this.
    10-07-13 05:35 PM
    I think the problem with using car analogies is that the iPhone is both a Volkswagen Jetta and an Audi R8, the Galaxy S and Note are both Chrysler 200s and Dodge Vipers. These phones the the highest-end products that these companies produce (and barring companies like Vertu, the highest-end on the market period), yet are still the most mainstream and popular, at least in the US.
    10-07-13 05:39 PM
    Amazinglygraceless took the words right out of my mouth.

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    10-07-13 05:39 PM
    I use car analogies for things a lot, since car-related things are widely understood, but comparing any car to a smartphone platform is just a really poor analogy. The biggest reason being that cars are stand-alone items that compete on their own merits, while smartphones compete on things far beyond the hardware and phone OS; it's the ECOSYSTEM of companion devices, cloud services, media, and apps, plus no small amount of quality marketing, that sells smartphones.
    Just compare it to a car. It's not that hard bro.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-07-13 05:44 PM
    My picks based on car sales 2012

Android - Toyota Corolla 1.1m
    IPhone - BMW 486,000
    BB10 - Proton Savvy 64 (or if I want to play the patriotic card - Bricklin)
    10-07-13 05:59 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 = Tesla Model S or any car with the QNX infotainment system such as BMW or Mercedes Benz.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:59 PM
    Then let me show you the door.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 09:00 PM
    I see it like this...

Android = Import racers, you have everything from Honda Civics on up. You see them all over the roads. Everything gets swapped out, whether for looks or actually built out internally. They were built for easy upgrades.

iPhone = Domestic racers, comes in a few varieties like the Mustangs. You also see them all over the roads. Low end gets rebadged to look like high ends. Some slight modifications, but either you have the budget to get the high end or you didn't. You have a few imitators, but watch out for the real deal... so don't go revving at just anybody unless you're pretty confident.

BlackBerry = to me was the Mitsubishi Starion and its twin Conquest. Awesome experience when it came out, still a good drive and usable if you had taken cared of them. Does fairly well in the rally scene, but not such a big thing in the US. Seems the company is hanging on, but on the decline. BB10 is the rebirth I'm still waiting to see happen... if only they'd jump from the BB07 of an Eclipse and make an updated retro in the form of a Z30.

Windows = don't have much experience with them yet, so hard to say.

Anyway, that's how I see the phones in car form.
    10-07-13 10:04 PM
    IPhone is clearly a Porsche 911. Elegant from the beginning and refined over the years instead of radical new, with innovative technology and still winning best driver car awards by the dozen. Most profitable car company in the world.

BlackBerry is an Audi A6. Solid performer that lasts forever but is a bit boring, less engaging. Lacks in the emotional department. But gets the job done effortlessly and you can depend on it. Repeat rate extremely high, loyal customers.

Android is Toyota. From boring to cool depending if you get it with or without bloat ware it can be a corolla or a GT86. But don't think you can remove the ads from the door panels. Littered with ads soon as well in the interior (see gmail with ads now). Sells the most cars but doesn't win the hearts.

Nokia is Saab. Different, great design, solid Hardware. Works reliably, engaging and powerful. Nobody knows why it's not more successful.

Disclosure: I am a Porsche Fan, wife and me are both driving one and i wish Blackberry would be in the same position. Niche, but with heritage, tradition and a great future. They are happy in their less than 200k cars a year niche.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 10:49 PM