If you had the power, time, talent, resources, money, etc to custom make your own BB, tell us what it would look like and what it would have on it.

Don't just say you'd make it like a Droid or an iPhone, this is for BB fans.

I'll start, I like many, love the form factor of the Bold 9000, so that would be my design. I'd probably give it the rubber buttons on the side like my Storm 2 has, as well as the trackpad, but apart from that, I think it's a great design and feels great in the hand.

The specs would look something like this: (thinking in terms of what's out there already for BB)

512 MB Device memory
    32 GB memory card
    OS 6
    4G Service on VZW?
    5 MP camera
    Wi-Fi compatible

I know many of you can do a better job coming up with your dream BB as I have no technical knowledge.

So what about you?
    12-10-10 05:43 PM
    Heres just a few things I'd like to see in my next BB.

-1 GHZ processor
    -16gb of memory built in
    -3in higher resolution screen(same form factor), but not AMOLED
    -8mp+ camera(doesn't have to be HD)
    12-10-10 07:07 PM
    I would make mine slightly taller but thinner and lighter. I'd want to make the "easy to cary super phone". I like the idea of a 1 GHZ processor and 16 g memory but I'd still want the SD card slot and an 8 mp camera. I'd integrate Netflix and Kindle and just to be extra cool I'd give it voice reconnection software so you could "interact".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 10:54 PM
    My Custom Blackberry would be
    120mm * 70mm * 9.5mm.
    That's taller and wider than the 9000 but as thin as the iphone 4.

The specs would be a scalable 1.4ghz processor that would run approximately 700mhz under regular load but scale up as required by the task, I'd include 512Mb of RAM whilst having 8GB of media/application addressable storage.
    the keyboard and buttons would be that of the 9630 but with a track pad, I'd include additional buttons beside the aA^ buttons adding %&= to the right, and a custom macro button to the left.

The microUSB port would be mounted centre bottom, and the mute/lock keys at the top in the existing spots, I'd have Dual LED's with custom colours and patters to be able to destinguish the type of message, and would have front and rear facing 5mp camera's with an LED flash, the Batterys would be hot swappable as would the MicroSD cards,

The defice it's self would be a polished black aluminum body giving it a bit more weight than the traditional BB's with a brushed Chrome bezel.
    Software wise I'd change a lot
    s

12-11-10 02:19 PM
    12-11-10 09:56 PM
    -1 GHZ processor
    -8+ mp camera
    -just like the Torch except its wider and the keyboard isn't slideout ...Maybe a tiny bit shorter (I love big phones)
    -16g onboard memory OR run apps from sd card

12-11-10 10:32 PM
    -1 GHZ processor
    -8+ mp camera
    -just like the Torch except its wider and the keyboard isn't slideout ...Maybe a tiny bit shorter (I love big phones)
    -16g onboard memory OR run apps from sd card

Better yet, add dualbooting linux!

12-12-10 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD