DevCon is coming up soon and a lot of people are expecting announcements of new products or new features on older products like PlayBook. So if you were trapped in an elevator with RIMs two co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie what would you ask them?

Not trying to start a flame war just a different thread than a I want this or I want that. I'm hoping that maybe, if there is a really good question, the CrackBerry team can find out for us while there!
    10-09-11 12:29 PM
    Depending on which was important to me at the time, I would ask either...

A) Why does App World suck so much?

or

B) Why is it apparent that you don't listen to your loyal customers?
    10-09-11 12:33 PM
    What is the difficulty in getting QNX completed on the playbook and why is it taking so long.
    10-09-11 12:38 PM

or

LOL! If I had two questions one of those would be one for sure. I wanted to toss the question out there to find something about the future, not asking why it took so long, which is a very valid question tho. But maybe knowing that gives us the best insight into where RIM is going???
    Last edited by dentynefire; 10-09-11 at 12:45 PM.
    10-09-11 12:40 PM
    LOL! If I had two questions one of those would be one for sure. I wanted to toss the question out there to find something about the future, not asking why it took so long, which is a very valid question tho. But maybe knowing that gives us the best insight into where RIM is going???

You would think that all of the complaints being made regarding App World and the lack off available apps, RIM would have addressed this problem long ago. People have and continue to jump ship for other OS devices (Android and iPhone) for this very reason. It just looks to me like nobody at RIM really cares. As long as they're still selling some phones and the CEO's are lining their pockets, why worry about it. That is the general attitude.

I wasn't very informed that some apps wouldn't immediately be compatible with OS-7 when I switched from my 9650 to the 9930. I purchased my device through Sprint the first day that it came out. I'm not at all surprised that these apps haven't been updated. Meanwhile, my friends and family are all running their Droids and having a good ole' time without any problems.

RIM needs to s**t or get off the pot. **** poor management, poor marketing and not listening to the customer is what has put them severely behind. It will only get worse unless these problems are solved. But again, who am I? I'm just a nobody Blackberry user who's voice won't be heard, again.
    10-09-11 01:22 PM
    DLNA will be both Server and Reader ? (ok, that's 2 questions, but one sentence only !)
    10-09-11 01:26 PM
    I guess I wanna ask if we'll see consumer QNX branded products. I can't help but think that because QNX is so awesome they won't at some point try to get it into more consumer products and leverage the phone or tablet.

Android is a free linux alternative in embedded systems and I think they need to nip that in the bud. So can RIM make QNX somehow competitive with free? Maybe a free OS in exchange for phone/tablet software? I'd like to see QNX OS everywhere and possibly use my phone with those devices be it a camera, guitar effects whatever! Sort of like the Intel Inside marketing...
    10-09-11 02:46 PM

or

C) Why is your company continuing to release beta products. Every device needs updates for various reasons, but for core functionality to be lacking is puzzling.
    10-09-11 03:37 PM
    I guess I wanna ask if we'll see consumer QNX branded products. I can't help but think that because QNX is so awesome they won't at some point try to get it into more consumer products and leverage the phone or tablet.

Android is a free linux alternative in embedded systems and I think they need to nip that in the bud. So can RIM make QNX somehow competitive with free? Maybe a free OS in exchange for phone/tablet software? I'd like to see QNX OS everywhere and possibly use my phone with those devices be it a camera, guitar effects whatever! Sort of like the Intel Inside marketing...
    QNX will never be open source. It can't be for many reasons.
    10-09-11 03:38 PM
    I'd ask why Jim hasn't been fired yet, or why they haven't issued him a corporate muzzle to ensure he can not make any public statements.
    10-09-11 03:42 PM
    RIM is a hardware company, not a software company. They use software to sell hardware. Google, on the other hand, is an advertising company. They use software to sell ad impressions. Giving Android away for free supports Google's business model; RIM doing the same wouldn't support theirs.
    10-09-11 04:30 PM
    "Boxers or Briefs boys?"

The answer will reveal so much...
    10-09-11 04:32 PM
    I'd try to cover everything with an all-encompassing 'Mike, Jim, like, what the f#@$???'
    10-09-11 07:12 PM
    I'd try to cover everything with an all-encompassing 'Mike, Jim, like, what the f#@$???'
    But Mike would just say "that question is not fair".
    10-09-11 07:17 PM
    QNX will never be open source. It can't be for many reasons.
    My fault for not being more clear. I never meant opensource or even the various licensees like the apache licensee or BSD. I'm talking about a partnership of sorts. RIM could opt to sacrifice a license revenue stream but get to sell more handsets because these future consumer products are compatible right out of the box with QNX handsets. Everyone likes easy Besides that is just one option and teh QNX guys know more about their market than me. I'm just wanting to see QNX in more consumer devices, hence my question
    Last edited by dentynefire; 10-10-11 at 11:38 AM.
    10-10-11 11:31 AM
    My question would be..How did you go from being an industry leader to a company that continuously lets down its loyal customers? What happened along the way?
    10-10-11 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD