Can you still get it replaced under some kind of warranty?
    06-08-09 10:53 PM
    I have heard that you can if the serial number or whatever is still in its warranty range. Im not sure if I would ever purchase a used phone though, at least not an expensive one.
    06-08-09 10:54 PM
    Well it wasn't used, everything was brand new. I'm just askign because I've been using it for about 3 weeks and the trackball is stuck and I can't scroll down.
    06-08-09 10:56 PM
    I think the carrier and RIM have a 1 year factory warranty regardless of owner. You can call your carrier up for warranty instructions. It shouldn't matter where you got the phone from or if it was used or not. Manufatures warranty is all you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 11:32 PM
    dictoresno is right the phone warranty follows the phone not the person. I'm telling you this from experience with At&t
    06-08-09 11:34 PM
    when i had tmobile, i had to warranty exchange 2 phones once. they would take your word for it, send you a replacement in the mail, and ask you to send back the defective one in the mail via prepaid postage sticker. the only catch is, if they find your phone is not covered by the damage/defect, they will charge you for the replacement. they only cover manufacturing defects. you breaking your phone due to your own carelessness will not be covered. so depending on what you mean by your phone getting "damaged", then yes it may be covered or no it wont. is it already damaged?
    06-08-09 11:55 PM
    The trackball is not scrolling down all of a sudden. It's never been dropped and I was using it all day, then it got stuck. And it's still stuck so I was curious.
    06-09-09 12:05 AM
    so the trackball doesnt rotate at all and that sticking? or it rolls but just not in the down direction.
    06-09-09 12:17 AM
    It's just not scrolling down. All the other ways are good.
    06-09-09 12:23 AM
    hmmmm. why dont you try bringing it to your local retailer and inquire about it.
    06-09-09 12:34 AM
    It's just not scrolling down. All the other ways are good.
    It's actually very easy to remove the trackball ring and track ball. I have had mine get stuck a few times and I've always taken the track ball out, used some canned air on the actual trackball (once a small little dust ball blew out)
    put it back in and it was fine.

How to remove and clean your track ball link below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    06-09-09 08:51 AM
    I dont know if I'd trust myself to take it apart without messing something up.
    06-09-09 10:05 AM
    Most users report success with pushing the trackball in hard and scrolling in the direction(s) they are having issues with. give that a shot
    06-09-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD